Massive gas line explosions and evacuations north of Boston

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Pea-n-Me, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:45 PM.

1. firefly_ris

firefly_ris DIS Veteran

Oh my. How horrible! Very scary couple of days on the east coast between that and Florence... hopeful prayers that those injured recover. It's hard to contemplate something like that happening - natural gas lines here at my own home, it's insane to think someone's mistake could cause all of that. So sad.

2. Denise W

Denise W Disney Veteran

I just checked local reports and they are saying at least 25 injured. Over 60 fires.
    Denise

3. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

A co-workers son is at a nearby college campus that was evacuated. It took him over 3 hours to get home last night due to road closures/traffic for what is normally about a forty minute drive.

4. TheFloatingBear

TheFloatingBear DIS Veteran

I just caught the latest press conference...It sounds like the first responders from the area and many other communities were amazing last night, but the governor has declared a state of emergency and he's ordered a different gas company to take over the process of checking homes, etc., to get people back in their homes. It sounds like Columbia Gas has been lacking in communication and leadership.

I have a few cousins and some friends that live in those towns, but from what I can tell (mostly from Facebook check-ins), they are all safe.