Matching shirts. Yay or Nay

We only do these when traveling with a big group. On our last trip as a group of 12 we did them for a few days and got tons of feedback on them. The best received one was the Disney Tribe shirt because we really were always in a "tribe" together. So many CM's and other families committed on it, parted ways for us to make sure we all got in line together or whatever. Made the trip a little more special for us!

We've done coordinating shirts, but never totally matching. DH is just not into that. When we go with extended family, the ladies usually match and then the guys will wear similar colors (for example, they'll all wear some grey Mickey shirt). My DH and kids and I all got some kind of Epcot-themed shirt for our last trip (like, DD wore a "not my Norway" t-shirt--it was so cute!). :)

DH is definitely not interested in my getting personalized matching shirts. But that's just him, so I respect that.

We only do these when traveling with a big group. On our last trip as a group of 12 we did them for a few days and got tons of feedback on them. The best received one was the Disney Tribe shirt because we really were always in a "tribe" together. So many CM's and other families committed on it, parted ways for us to make sure we all got in line together or whatever. Made the trip a little more special for us!
Where did you get your shirts?

Sheri18 - My quote button isn't working for some reason. We just had a local t-shirt vendor make the shirts for us; $11 a piece. I would check around your area as there are so many folks that do this anymore and prices vary.

have fun!

We have agreed that all 9 of us will wear matching shirts when we go to EPCOTs Character Spot for multiple character photos. We also practice our group photo lineup so we don't waster time figuring out who stands where.

Super Cute! Tried to read the back of your shirts ... can you please let us know what they say? Can't read from your photo. Thanks!!

The death star destroyed my homework (7 yr old boy, star wars fan)
Chewy, I have a bad feeling about this... (7 yr old boy, star wars fan)
Dinglehopper Hair, Don't Care (10 yr old girl, loves Ariel)
Forget the glass slippers, this princess wears cleats (10 yr old girl, plays soccer)
I run this castle (10 yr old girl, sassy pants)
If you can read this, wish me a happy birthday (13 yr old boy, was his actual bday the 1st day there)
I'm watching you Wizowski, always watching (14 yr old boy, Monsters Inc is his fav movie)
It's a trap! (15 yr old boy, huge Star Wars fan)
Caution: I spontaneously break out in Disney songs (my sister, who is always singing)
Yo-ho, Yo-ho, a pirates life for me (my sister in law, her dad always sings this to her)
Disney Life - Happy Wife (me)
Simba was walking too slow so I told him to MUFASA! (my husband, loves the Lion King)
Disneyland: A people trap set by a mouse (my brother in law, doesn't like Disney and didn't go with us due to knee surgery, but wore the shirt anyway)
Hakuna Moscato (it means Drink Wine) (my mom, who... well I guess that's self explanatory)
I don't do matching tshirts (my dad, see prior post)
and the shirt that got the most attention...
I'm just here to pay for everything (my brother - people actually stopped him to shake his hand or take a photo with it)

Yay for me. For a few reasons I can always spot my kids in a crowd and I think it makes the vacation fun. My ex husband wasn't a big fan of it either so I just asked that he would do it at least 1 day with us. He usually stood out on the other days when we match without him but that was on him. We usually just pick a theme and it doesn't have to be matchy matchy either. My kids l love it.

Here is a picture from last year my kids and I did a pineapple theme for one of our park days at Disney shirt were from Target they had at one point a family set of Disney shirts as well:

Screenshot_20180808-143123_Gallery.jpg

This was our Epcot day last year I got these shirts in a variety of places (Disney Store, Amazon, Delsol etc)
Screenshot_20180808-143142_Gallery.jpg

This year we are doing a theme every day. The kids are excited about it helped me pick out their shirts for it.

Last edited:
I'm just here to pay for everything (my brother - people actually stopped him to shake his hand or take a photo with it)

I've seen this one on Etsy and I love it. If I was still married I would've got it for my XH. lol I won't wear it since I'm there for so much more! :)

I've seen this one on Etsy and I love it. If I was still married I would've got it for my XH. lol I won't wear it since I'm there for so much more! :)

I scoured pinterest and google images for ideas, so I don't claim any of them as my own - but it sure was fun trying to find something that fit each person!

Forget the glass slippers, this princess wears cleats (10 yr old girl, plays soccer)
If you can read this, wish me a happy birthday (13 yr old boy, was his actual bday the 1st day there)
I'm watching you Wizowski, always watching (14 yr old boy, Monsters Inc is his fav movie)
Caution: I spontaneously break out in Disney songs (my sister, who is always singing)
Yo-ho, Yo-ho, a pirates life for me (my sister in law, her dad always sings this to her)
Simba was walking too slow so I told him to MUFASA! (my husband, loves the Lion King)
Disneyland: A people trap set by a mouse (my brother in law, doesn't like Disney and didn't go with us due to knee surgery, but wore the shirt anyway)
Hakuna Moscato (it means Drink Wine) (my mom, who... well I guess that's self explanatory)

I scoured pinterest and google images for ideas, so I don't claim any of them as my own - but it sure was fun trying to find something that fit each person!

I love them!!! Thanks for typing them out for us!

We have agreed that all 9 of us will wear matching shirts when we go to EPCOTs Character Spot for multiple character photos. We also practice our group photo lineup so we don't waster time figuring out who stands where.

Yay for me. For a few reasons I can always spot my kids in a crowd and I think it makes the vacation fun. My ex husband wasn't a big fan of it either so I just asked that he would do it at least 1 day with us. He usually stood out on the other days when we match without him but that was on him. We usually just pick a theme and it doesn't have to be matchy matchy either. My kids l love it.

Here is a picture from last year my kids and I did a pineapple theme for one of our park days at Disney shirt were from Target they had at one point a family set of Disney shirts as well:

View attachment 342303

This was our Epcot day last year I got these shirts in a variety of places (Disney Store, Amazon, Delsol etc)
View attachment 342305

This year we are doing a theme every day. The kids are excited about it helped me pick out their shirts for it.
Great idea

image.jpeg image.jpeg I have bought the Big 3 and the Littles some shirts at Kohls. Trying to get them all to match. Which is hard with so many different sizes.

View attachment 342303

View attachment 342305

Great pic

THANKS for posting this! Hilarious! Love it!! :-)

Yay... Etsy... You can get your DH a shirt that says I don't wear matching shirts... but its in the same lettering as the others... too cute....

YAY!! I try to color coordinate each day with similar shirts. I make similar shirts for my husband and sons and tweak them to make them unique for each of us. I try to make each shirt go with the park of the day and characters/rides we are going to see. I make the images on my computer and print them on iron on transfers and buy us plain T-shirts and Tank-Tops. We get so many compliments at the parks and it's easy to keep track of my kids and no fussing over what to wear. I put our daily shirts in a bag when I pack and label them by day and we know exactly what we will be wearing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!