Matterhorn still closed for next 6 weeks.

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Matterhorn is still scheduled to be closed the week of Halloween. I just find that crazy. Such a high occupancy ride being down in the middle of Halloween celebrations which tend to bring in high crowds.
Sounds like much more than a queue restructure is going on. Since it has been down for several weeks already and a minimum of 6 more.

Matterhorn is still scheduled to be closed the week of Halloween. I just find that crazy. Such a high occupancy ride being down in the middle of Halloween celebrations which tend to bring in high crowds.
Sounds like much more than a queue restructure is going on. Since it has been down for several weeks already and a minimum of 6 more.
I recently started watching the Fresh Baked Vlog's. Looks like they are redoing that entire sidewalk in front of the Matterhorn - not just the gueue

We'll be there during Halloween and I'm kind of relieved to hear it's down. My daughter always begs to go on it and then hates it when she's on it. Last time, she tried to climb out. No more matterhorn for a long time for her.

So bummed. I've only been on it once ever, was hoping to experience it over columbus weekend but i guess not. booo.

We are going on a trip in November. My daughters friend has been to Disneyland 3 times- and the Matterhorn has ALWAYS been down when she has gone lol..Apparently, she will never get to ride it , haha

Aw man, it's my first and possibly only time to visit Disneyland. The Matterhorn was high on my wish list. I was so hoping it might be back up by the end of October.

I hope it's up during the Holidays then! I kind of miss getting whiplash on that ride oddly...lol

Ditto! I love how jerky the ride is, so I might be in the minority with you. I'm headed to DL/DCA the second week of November, so I'm hoping it's up at some point during that week.

That really stinks. Im going to be there the week of Halloween and I was looking forward to it.

Seems to be more than just a queue redo, we saw workers up inside the mountain and temporary construction fencing up in several of the mountain openings. Couldn't really see what they were up too, but they were up there daily while we were there last week.

Last edited:
Where did you find this information? I can't find a source anywhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter