Mattress Covers?

Cassi

Earning My Ears
With all this talk about sicknesses and Disney replacing the mattresses, I was wondering if anyone knows if Disney uses waterproof mattress covers under the sheets? My son is two, and sometimes has a nighttime accident (not often, but not never!). Recently we had to spend a couple of nights at a hotel when an ice storm knocked out our power, and I was shocked that the hotel had nothing between the sheet and the mattress. I bunched towels up under him and hoped for the best (we were lucky!)

Anyway, if they don't use mattress covers (which, on a ship with lots of young children is, in my opinion, not a good idea!), what do other parents do about this? Has anyone ever brought one from home (more to pack?!?)?

Thanks in advance!

Cassi

No they do not use water proof matress covers as standard procedure. BUT all you have to do is ask your room stuard the day you arrive to put a waterproof cover on the mattress and they will see that it is taken care of before bedtime.
:D

Cassi,

Thanks for asking! I've been wondering the same thing. We just recently stopped using pull-ups at night for my almost-3 DD and while she is staying dry at home, I worried about how she would do while traveling and sleeping in strange places.

Peggy

Just a tip for at home, or for traveling...

I did not use a whole full waterproof mattress cover with DS... Just a regular one - I bought a really nice crib mattress sized waterproof absorbant mattress protector for under his sheets on his twin sized bed...

Worked great!!! MUCH easier to just take that throw it in the wash, without having to remove a whole mattress cover and then put it back on the mattress! :D

PS: do NOT buy the one at Walmart by JUBILEE... total waste of money... fell apart and did not work! I then got a great on in the baby dept. at KMart!

Thank you so much for the responses! I'm glad to hear they have them available. I'll just be sure to ask for one when we get there! I wonder if the ASMO has them, too.

I don't know why hotels, cruises, etc. don't use waterproof mattress covers regularly. When you think of all the possible different body fluids that can get on a mattress...eww! I might just ask for one for my bed, too!

Thanks again!

Cassi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter