Mattress Toppers...

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
OK - after a few long trips in the last 12 months (a couple at 2+ weeks at a time), we are learning that our aging bodies cannot hold up to the cruddy mattress in the camper anymore. We don't really want to go out and blow a huge amount on a residential mattress, but are ready to spend a bit on a good topper for the mattress we have. Has anyone used a topper to make their mattress more comfortable? Any recommendations?

We have a memory foam topper on our RV mattress. Not sure of the brand but we got it at Costco. It did improve our rest. What I hope to do is purchase one of the memory foam mattresses that you can have shipped to you. We have an Endy mattress at home and love it.

Toppers were/are a must for us too.

Get the thickest, highest density topper you want to spend the money on.

The thicker it is, the better it is.

The more dense it is, the better it is.

Personally I prefer the smooth surface topper versus the egg crate rippled style but I don't know that it matters in terms of comfort.

Ed

In my old camper I had 2. The first one I cheaped out and got a thin one. The second one went right on top of the first one and it was finally sleep'able. The new 5er came with a pretty nice no-name memory foam pillow top. It is pretty good.

j

We do the same as NOM but in our 5th wheel, the "spare mattress" is stored on the bed in our spare bedroom

Do any of you have a tent trailer? I'm in the process of purchasing one..but the mattresses are so thin...trying to figure out if one of those Endy Mattresses would fit when the bunk is folded down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!