Maui?

margot31

DIS Veteran
So I know while Disney does not have a resort on Maui....my mother in law found something about the Hyatt Regency Maui.

Anyone have any info on this. My husband and I are moving to Hawaii later this year and we will be in a military lodge for christmas and considering hoping to another island for christmas. As she was researching she found something about Hyatt Regency and Maui. I am going to call once my kids go down but wanted to see if anyone has seen/delt....ANYTHING with this.

It's currently part of the Concierge Collection. I do not see any points listed under the Holiday season so it could be it's restricted for the Christmas dates. You will also need to have points that qualify to book the Concierge collection - either direct purchased points or resale purchased prior to March 21, 2011.

So a low person who doesn't even belong to the DVC can't do anything? Maybe that is why I have never heard about this.

Maybe I'm not understanding but anyone can get a room there on cash. Is that what you were asking?

Since it's not a DVC resort but it's something that a DVC member can trade into at various times of the year that is what I was originally assuming you were asking about.

It's something only for DVC people. Which I am not one of them. I spoke with them. My husband won't let us be DVC people as long as he is in the military.

Even if you were DVC and wanted to trade into this resort using your DVC membership, you'd probably decide to pay cash or stay elsewhere. Using DVC points to stay anywhere besides an actual DVC resort is a bad economic choice. You could rent the points needed to stay at the Hyatt to someone else, take the proceeds to pay cash for the Hyatt resort and still have quite a bit of cash leftover.

It's something only for DVC people. Which I am not one of them. I spoke with them. My husband won't let us be DVC people as long as he is in the military.

The Hyatt Regency on Maui is not just for DVC, it's like any old Hyatt hotel. Go here to book it on cash if you wish to stay there over Christmas: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/hawaii/hyatt-regency-maui-resort-and-spa/oggrm

I have stayed here years ago. On cash, nothing to do with DVC. As Carol mentioned it's much less to pay cash there than it ever would be to trade into it for a DVC owner. It's a nice resort in a pretty nice location.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!