MAW / Big Give Album Interest Thread! NEW INFO IN POST #1! please read!

Cheryl would love to have you join!

Sandy...as the others said, we do all feel like family and I for you am so grateful my peeps welcomed me back with so much love and support after Jim died and yes they are helping me raise Megan...so great to be able to bounce stuff off of them! I love how we all consider ourselves "Aunties" to our kids!!!

let's see of the scrapper group have met

Buffy - BAMB
Rebecca - rlovew
Shawna - Mickeyteacher - we are actually staying with them for a few days when we go to Atlanta - we are going to get to meet Anne DisneyBarlans too
Brooke - SIOH
Sarah - Sarah <3 Disney
Cindy - bearbear
Pam and her DD - pinball family...DD is zerotohero
Cheryl and Rachel - wdwmickey and musicaldisneydream
Rachal - JohnsonsLoveDisney - we live about 1 1/2 hrs away
Kristi -kkbeaton2
LaWanna Yeager - both at DLR for a few minutes

have also met another dozen or so during our WDW/DLR trips and 4 of the MAW families

and will be meeting another dozen or so next month in Charlotte from the DISBoutiquers!

its so fun to get to put faces to names and always enjoy hanging out with people who have the same love of Disney!

We are taking at St. Louis excursion next summer... I will keep you posted... maybe even spring break this year....but I don't know about SB because I would feel guilty going away w/ the boys and Dh while PJ was at school.... it will probably wait til summer....

Let me know ;)

We are taking at St. Louis excursion next summer... I will keep you posted... maybe even spring break this year....but I don't know about SB because I would feel guilty going away w/ the boys and Dh while PJ was at school.... it will probably wait til summer....

we visited St. Louis July 4th 1999 and brought home a little souvenior you all know as Megan! yup she's our little firecracker :goodvibes

We visited St Louis in 2009 and got a busted out window, $300 worth of books stolen and busted locks on the trailer, but thankfully they didn't get in.

But what I did get out of the deal was meeting Nan face to face. We went to her house to have the window fixed. It was so cool being able to call someone you've never met but have known for 4 years and say "Hey can I park my car and 24 foot trailer in your yard and have a guy fix my window with my hubby and 4 kids in tow" and she didn't even blink an eye.

oh no on the window and books....think we had a better time ;)
nice Nan welcomed you all and the trailer to her home :goodvibes

so when is everyone coming west to Seattle???? summer, well late July and August is beautiful here!

mommy2mrb said:
oh no on the window and books....think we had a better time ;)
nice Nan welcomed you all and the trailer to her home :goodvibes

so when is everyone coming west to Seattle???? summer, well late July and August is beautiful here!

Ya! Seattle!!

That so neat that you got to meet each other. I could tell just by the way you all post that you knew each other more then just by posting in a message board. Isn't funny how you can find the best of friends across the world, never meet them but still have such a connection.

I'm glad you had such a great group when life was at it's worse Lisa. I can't imagine loosing my dh and having to raise my daughters on my own.

We visited St Louis in 2009 and got a busted out window, $300 worth of books stolen and busted locks on the trailer, but thankfully they didn't get in.

But what I did get out of the deal was meeting Nan face to face. We went to her house to have the window fixed. It was so cool being able to call someone you've never met but have known for 4 years and say "Hey can I park my car and 24 foot trailer in your yard and have a guy fix my window with my hubby and 4 kids in tow" and she didn't even blink an eye.

I so remember that.. it was so fun to park that big trailer! Our neighbors still laugh at how we could get it in the drive and still have room for all our other vehicles and yours!!! :smokin::worship:

The kids still talk about our zoo trip!!:love:

It was also one of the best dinners ever at Steak and Shake! I don't think there was one moment of quiet!!

Last time I was in St. Louis was for a frat formal! LOL.. didn't tell my parents I was leaving the college campus to drive to St. Louis w/ a friend from my floor and 2 frat boys! We had the best time on the riverboat down the Mississippi... It was such a great trip and my friend and I sit in the backseat and laughed the entire time! The guys were very sweet and never tried anything.. I think having lived a floor above us they knew they were NOT going to get anywhere with us! :hyper:

Never a dull moment when you get our 7 together!!
Great times!! While I'm still pissed about the window, it was worth it. DD still talks about her "Big Sister, PJ"

Is PJ still waiting on her Mini? It's still sitting in the barn just like you last saw it. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yep, met Annie and family a few years ago at Disney during her vacation and my scrap retreat. Several DIS girls went to that when it was at WDW. I think that's where I met Rebecca the first time.

It has been forever!

It is always fun to meet up with Dis friends in real life. I think the scrap retreat was my first meet up with friends from the board- Pixiedustforever, Buffy, Lisa(CT), and Lisa and Buffy's moms as well as a few others from the board were at that retreat. We had a great time for a few years and had an awesome character breakfast 1 day of the retreat. I think the last year we were up to 24 at breakfast.

I met Lisa as well as Jim(who was very sweet and even took Megan back for bedtime to Lisa and I could stay out talking for awhile) and Megan on a trip one January to Disney and then met up with Lisa and Megan along with Brook and family and Shawna (Mickeyteacher) and family last summer- we enjoyed the fireworks together at TOTW.

I met Buffy and Nancy's family in June/July of 2010 on their Disney trips- DH and I went up for the day for our Anniversary.

I met up with New England Eyeore a few years ago on a Disney trip too. I also met up with DisneyBarlans and family on a trip last fall.

The first time I met with one of the disboards members outside of a convention it took a few minutes to know what to say but since then it has been so much fun and like meeting family. I think I have seen Mickeyteacher more often than a significant number of my cousins in recent years (I met up with her in her hometown of Atlanta when I was up there as well as at about 4-5 different Disney trips that we were in at the same time).

Rebecca

Rebecca it was nice to get to talk you by myself that first time we met....Megan was so tired and knew she wouldn't last long! and we had so much fun that night watch Wishes at BLT!

Buffy, I told Megan about your Spain trip next year and she said that she didn't think she could so all that walking and also to say hi to her CT buddies! she had so much fun with them last July, wow its already been a year since we saw you!

Sandy, these ladies really did save my sanity more than a few times and got me motivated to scrap again which has been great therapy too!
It has been a very hard 2 1/2 years....but I feel good has come out of our sorrow with all the new friends here and IRL our tragedy has brought into our lives!!!

I will definitely tell them she said hi!!
DS16 is chomping at the bit to get back into the city again. I know he's going to live there some day.

I'd love to go but DH is so busy with work, it's been nonstop. Maybe next month we will get down there.

As for Seattle, it's on my list. I just have to figure out how to squeeze it in!!!

I will definitely tell them she said hi!!
DS16 is chomping at the bit to get back into the city again. I know he's going to live there some day.

I'd love to go but DH is so busy with work, it's been nonstop. Maybe next month we will get down there.

As for Seattle, it's on my list. I just have to figure out how to squeeze it in!!!

Megan says she wants to live in NYC too! hope you can get back soon!
would love to show you around, maybe 2014?

was laying in bed this morning and thought of some different catagories for titles, remember we have to keep this very general and gender neutral, not every park is visited either.

Dining with the characters
meeting characters
general ride LO
general attraction LO
general night time show that would cover Wishes/Fantasmic/Illuminations

some other possible titles "Magical Moments", "Family Fun", "My Wish Came True"

please add anything if you have a suggestion!!

What about something like "Splashin around" or something like that for either pool time or ride with water or rainy day.

Would "I'm rumbly in my tumbly" with pooh character be too specific. I was thinking it could either be used for Pooh ride, crystal Palace or even any food photos.

What about something like "Splashin around" or something like that for either pool time or ride with water or rainy day.

Would "I'm rumbly in my tumbly" with pooh character be too specific. I was thinking it could either be used for Pooh ride, crystal Palace or even any food photos.

I like the Splashin around...would work for different things.

um, probably not Pooh related, would really like to keep the character stuff very general since we won't know what things, places or activities they will be doing

Don't most visit give kids the world at some point on their trips?

Resort or hotel general pages?

Getting there?

most stay at GKTW from the one's I've been a part of, but some do stay on property....maybe "our home away from home" or something like that

I like the getting there too, would be good for limo ride to airport/plane ride

great suggestions, keep them coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter