MAW/Big Give Swap 2012 ~ last album recd 8/2013 - see link on last post!!!

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Welcome !!!

Here is all the information you will need to help some spread some pixie dust on a few of our future Big Give families going on their child's Make A Wish!

This swap will be a bit different from the past swaps....instead of doing ABC you all get to pick your own title and sketch from the below links!

We will be making 2 page LO's and an additional 3 sets of your pages to be donated to the Big Give families.

when you sign up, please post 2 ideas for your titles --- PLEASE NO DUPLICATES and if you want to keep or donate you set!!

The number of 2 page LO's you will make will depend on how many swappers join....if we get 10 swappers you will make 13 sets of your 2 page LO...you will get an entire set of all the 10 swappers pages and I will then send the other 3 sets off to the Big Give when we have families choosen.

My only requirements are as follows:

1. Use black/red/yellow/white papers, embellishments
2. pick a sketch with 4 x 6 photo mats - will be easier for the MAW mom's if they don't have a trimmer.
3. general titles - nothing specific for a ride/attraction/character/park
4. make gender neutral
5. use good quality paper and embellishments, feel free to use different papers, embellishments if you want to use up some stash....please use the same title though for each set!!!

here is the thread from our last swap to check out
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459705

here is the link to our All Things Disney list to check out....please remember to use general and gender neutral ones!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1457364

and one more with some other great titles that Jennifer put in alphabetical order

Alphabetical Listing of Disney Titles

here are some sites with different sketches to choose from - remember to pick ones with 4 x 6 photo mats

www.4x6photosketchblog.blogspot.com
www.sketchesbysuzy.com
www.sketchsupport.com
www.sketchsavvy.blogspot.com

sign ups will be July 23rd - July 25th I will open this thread at 10 am EST and would need everyone's info and ideas by July 28th since I will be leaving town 8/2 - 8/20 (Nan will help out with questions too while I'm gone, though I will be checking in too)

due date will be October 9th so will give everyone 2 months to complete! If needed I can extend a few extra days!

Please make these pages special....families going on MAW trips don't have extra time for scrapbooking with the sick kiddos and know what a special treasure it will be for them to have a beautiful album to look back on their once in a lifetime trip!!!

I will open this up to new swappers if you have been involved in at least 2 swaps and are comfortable doing the sketches, please take a look at them and let me know if you have questions before you committ to this.

This is a committment of time and money, so ONLY sign up if you can complete this on time and able to put the money into the pages and shipping costs!

We will be donating 3 albums at this time to the Big Give, if you would like to donate your set also please let me know. I am planning on donating the albums and page protectors, but if anyone is willing to help on those costs that would be great!

I will let the Big Give Moderators know how many albums we will have for future Big Give families....know some of us are part of the Big Gives and they are always looking for more, so if you are interested in helping please click the button in my siggie and ask to be added by their moderators!

Packaging and Shipping:

Please place each of your sets face to face and write your name and DIS name on the back. Place all sets together in a 2 gallon bag (or two if needed) for protection and ship however you want unless it is the week they are due, you must then send them priority mail. Please do not send click it/ship it stamps I will not be able to use them for return postage. These will be sent back to you by priority mail, please send correct amount of $$ for shipment back to you, not sure if it will be medium or large size boxes until we have a final count of pages.

new info for shipping....since they no longer make the large flat rate boxes Jennifer suggested we use the Regional Large PM boxes you all (except for Sandy in Canada) are in Zone 8 from me so your return postage will be $15.46 plus delivery confirmation....please let me know if you have any questions!

Guess the Medium Flat Rate boxes do work per Jennifer who just shipped!!!

Thank you for joining this special swap!

Lisa

List of swappers / titles

DisneyBarlans - Parade Time :banana:
JJ&JSsmom - Magical Moments :banana:
JohnsonsLoveDisney - (castle page) ? title :banana:
LoveMy3Kiddos - Believe in Magic :banana:
mommy2mrb - Fun Times :banana:
MorgansMom2000 - Mousin' Around - :banana:
mouseaddicts - Home away from Home :banana:
3pletprincesses - Goof Troop :thumbsup2
friends of 3pletprincesses - Splashin' Around :thumbsup2
" " " - When you wish upon a star
" " " - What a bunch of characters
" " " - Yummies for the tummy
" " " - Waiting and waiting

KKbeaton - autograph pages for MAW album ONLY

MickeyTeacher - donating albums :thumbsup2
pixie dust from PN96, wdwmickey, rlovew, JJ&JHsmom & DisneyBarlans for page protectors/shipping

SLIDE SHOW click to view

please make 16 sets of your pages!! 13 swappers + 3 for donating to the Big Give!!!

Sign - ups : July 23 - 25th opening 10am EST
Info to you/to me: July 28th
check in: August 21st
check in: September 11th
final check in and mail status: September 27th

DUE DATE October 9th

mailed to me - :moped:
I have - :thumbsup2

recd by you - :banana:

if you have any questions before that please post them on the interest thread!

I just added packaging and shipping info in Post #1...sorry I forgot earlier!

Thanks!

I have a swapper or two who have asked to ONLY make pages to donate to the Big Give albums, so that is another option to help if you can't do the entire swap!

okay ladies, we are OPEN for business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to join if you all will have me back. :wave2:

If possible, I'd like to do "Magical" as my title.

Are those the only sketches we can use, or can we use any just as long as there are 4x6 photos?

We will make 6 - 2pages LO and keep our 6 copies
Player 1- Goof Troop / Just Goofin’ around

Player 2- Splashin’ around / Makin’ a splash

Player 3- When you wish upon a star / I wish

Player 4- What a bunch of characters / Kids With Character / Cast of Characters

Player 5- Yummies For The Tummy / Mmmmm!

Player 6- Waiting and Waiting… / Waiting Game

Are those the only sketches we can use, or can we use any just as long as there are 4x6 photos?

Jennifer, you are most welcome to join in! if you have another sketch you like that's okay to use!

We will make 6 - 2pages LO and keep our 6 copies
Player 1- Goof Troop / Just Goofin’ around

Player 2- Splashin’ around / Makin’ a splash

Player 3- When you wish upon a star / I wish

Player 4- What a bunch of characters / Kids With Character / Cast of Characters

Player 5- Yummies For The Tummy / Mmmmm!

Player 6- Waiting and Waiting… / Waiting Game

Sandy, just want to double check, are you only making the LO's to donate for the big give album and not for the whole group? \

oops, never mind, read your post wrong LOL

morgansmom2000 said:

Hey! I was just thinking about you and Morgan the other day. Was gonna email you but got caught up in the move. :)

morgansmom2000 said:
Hey, Rachal, congrats on the house! We're doing well, only 5 weeks until school starts again! (Not that I'm counting ;) ).

:) thanks! Finally! Thankfully we still have awhile before school starts. It's nice to "see" you around again.

I'm up for a second set if need be. :) just had a bit of inspiration.

You ladies wanna come down and check out our insane mess tomorrow? Or Wednesday (girls have dance around 430, I think.) I'm gonna try to hit target today for curtains and rods. Feel so naked!

Lisa, Can I have Magical Moments or Mousin Around for a title? I would like to keep my set. Not sure which sketch I will be using yet but will make sure photo mats are for 4x6 pics.

Welcome back Jennifer, missed you!

Good Morning! I definitely want to play! I just re-read the 1st post and now I see this is not an ABC album ...... I guess I was confused on that part originally ...:confused3

Oh well ....... anyway ...... I'm IN! I just need to figure out a title. I got my brain fixed on the ABC concept ..... so now I'm stuck :rotfl:

My DH & kids were very excited when I told them I was going to participate in this swap. My DD (15) wants to help with the pages too. :goodvibes

Since I'm new to this type of swap, do you have any suggestions for something a MAW family might want to include? I thought about doing the castle, but I see that's taken. I also thought about "Home Away From Home" .... would that work?

Again ............. I'm OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS .........

Lisa, in trying to stay generic, is it okay to use character paper? I know Michael's carries this paper (and it is often on sale)

dfcdfce7a510a933aa959e4e779e.jpg

Would it be okay to use as an accent paper?

I'm up for a second set if need be. :) just had a bit of inspiration.

You ladies wanna come down and check out our insane mess tomorrow? Or Wednesday (girls have dance around 430, I think.) I'm gonna try to hit target today for curtains and rods. Feel so naked!

I think one page for now Rachal, looks like we are going to have plently!

tomorrow is good for us to come down....do you plan on us painting, or just getting things done?

Lisa, Can I have Magical Moments or Mousin Around for a title? I would like to keep my set. Not sure which sketch I will be using yet but will make sure photo mats are for 4x6 pics.

Welcome back Jennifer, missed you!

Cassey will put you down for Mousin'Around since we already have Magical if that's okay!

Good Morning! I definitely want to play! I just re-read the 1st post and now I see this is not an ABC album ...... I guess I was confused on that part originally ...:confused3

Oh well ....... anyway ...... I'm IN! I just need to figure out a title. I got my brain fixed on the ABC concept ..... so now I'm stuck :rotfl:

My DH & kids were very excited when I told them I was going to participate in this swap. My DD (15) wants to help with the pages too. :goodvibes

Since I'm new to this type of swap, do you have any suggestions for something a MAW family might want to include? I thought about doing the castle, but I see that's taken. I also thought about "Home Away From Home" .... would that work?

Again ............. I'm OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS .........

sorry for the confusion, was ABC at first, but changed due to it being too many pages for everyone!

Home away from home will be great!

Lisa, in trying to stay generic, is it okay to use character paper? I know Michael's carries this paper (and it is often on sale)

dfcdfce7a510a933aa959e4e779e.jpg

Would it be okay to use as an accent paper?

yes you can use character paper, as long as it fits the color scheme! just didn't want specific character titles incase they weren't seen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!