MAW trip Over Mother's Day 5/6-5/12

j-me

Mouseketeer
We are all set on our dates so now what next? We are so excited to have our dates and now what do I do? I would like to hear what other MAW families did, how or if you had any PS for meals or shows, who arranges PS,
any info would be great.

Only 8 weeks!!

j-me

I made a couple of PS- but they were things that DD had said were a "must"

She wanted breakfast with the princesses. let me tell you- it took a lot of phone calls, but it happened!! from approval to leaving was only 3 weeks. (we had special situation and they moved everyting up 4 months)
are you staying at GKTW village or on disney property?

We are pleased to be staying at GKTW. I have heard sooooooo much great stuff about staying there and this is the only time we could EVER stay there we wanted to. If we return in years to come we can stay at any of the other resorts but never GKTW..
Did the MAW Cord. arrange anything for you like character dinners? I don't want to ask for more then they are already giving. I do want my son to meet Blue's Clues at Universal. that is one of his MOST favorite characters...so I wanted to know how to go about getting stuff like arranging that.
We are so thrilled. He has been very sick since the beginning of Nov I hope by May all will be well.

j-me

I do not know about character meals (if they have them) at universal. best thing is to call and ask (if you know there is, call that specific restaurant)

I have seen comercials for the nick hotel. it looks cool. my 4 yr old was impressed.

We aren't scheduled to go until Oct, but when I last spoke to my Wish coordinator she said I could do the planning of the PS myself. I actually like all the planning so I asked if I could do it. My oldest wants to go to the character breakfast at IOA with spidey and my youngest wants to do the pooh breakfast. I don't know if Blue is there or not, but if you find out let us know! Also, I don't know if you need any special equipment, but my coordinator said she would take care of getting my oldest a hospital bed and oxygen. We are driving and bringing the rest of the equipment with us. She said she will mail us a packet of info 2-3 weeks before we leave.

We are having a hospital bed in the villa too! We are flying from MI and the rest we will bring. I am going to call my cord tomorrow and see about the PS and then get on it. I heard at Universal they treat our children AWESOME!!! And I am going to call and see if Blue can be there for him. That would be sooooo awesome. Then i also would like to know what others have done about tube feeding. Our son doesn't eat by mouth but would love the characters...I can't imagine they would charge us for a meal he can't eat.. That is another question.

j-me

What happens at disney is that if someone can not eat- they might charge an "entertainment fee" someone else had said something like $5.00.
this is for the character meals only I believe. your best bet is to ask when you call to make the PS.

Hi we got back from our trip yesterday and would just like to say dont worry about anything GKTW is amazing and will bend over backwards to do anything humanly possible to help you . We never paid any fees for our son who is tube fed at either Disney or Universal. We did the spidey breakfast it was a lot of fun and when we mentioned we were with GKTW we were given special seats and spidey spent a lot of time with our 3 boys.

We never saw blues clues when were there and we did universal twice cant say that I can recall anywhere he could have been so i would check with yopur wish people to see if they could sort that out for you.

We also had a ps at crystal palace for my ds 4 birthday and they too treated him like a little prince with a special birthday table and tigger brought him a birthday cake over .

I dont know how old your ds is but I would like to say that if at all possible you really need to sign up for a tuck in at GKTW. My boys thought it was amazing and we have never laughed so much ever. Mayor Claytom is our new hero after getting ds to bed at a decent time and he stopped there all night !!!

If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them .
Louise x x x :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter