Maximum Length for Preferred Site

MilwaukeeMom

Mouseketeer
We are staying in a preferred site in March and I'm getting concerned. We have a 23 foot trailer and a 18 foot Expedition. When people on the board talk about the "big" rigs, they are just talking about the trailer itself, correct? What happens if you get to the Fort and your rig doesn't fit in the site they assign you? Also, my total length is around 41 feet, this should be good, right? Thanks for your comments.
Edited to add: Should I skip the golf cart? Would it even fit at our site? Thanks!

Mom, big rigs are like 40 footers (trailer only). Preferred will handle you fine - of the 3 loops only a few sites are short.

If fit is a concern, call and have the trailer length added as a note on your reservation. When the assignment downloads to the Fort a few days before you arrive, someone reviews all notes and checks them. Sites are not cookie-cutter identically sized so it takes someone's eyeballs to do the sanity check.

Golf carts are an expensive convenience and not a necessity. Unless you have mobility challenges or have a kamikaze wish to see every loop's Halloween decorations in one night, you would be fine without one. And a cart fits on every site.

If you're in a Preferred loop you have at most a 10-15 minute walk on level ground to the Pool/Singalong/Meadow TP area. We try to stay in Preferred sites too and we walk to the MK boat at the Fort dock and drive to the other parks.

March is a nice weather time of year (not hot, sticky or rainy like summer) so imo you don't NEED one. If you WANT one and want to fork out for it, that's your choice.

Have a great visit!

Bama Ed

Agreed , you will be fine. I had bigger on the tent sites. With plenty of room. I had a 8 yo and we went during halloween so the golf cart was a must for trick or treating. Its pricey. And it will fit no problem.

We'll be in a 45' trailer in March and informed Disney upon making the reservation. But, it sounds like a simple call 3 days out would be worthy just to confirm the site with them.

We are currently in a preffered site with our 43' MH and 20" pickup with room to spare. the MH next to us is 45'.

Last edited:
MilMom,

You are the perfect size for a Preferred and you will love being close to the Settlement, boat dock, Trails End and the trading post. For reference, here are a couple of pics of my old 5er in the 100 loop. This is site 103. The trailer was 31 ft and the truck is 25. We fit great.

IMG_20110528_151352sm.jpgIMG_20110528_151432sm.jpg

j

We are staying in a preferred site in March and I'm getting concerned. We have a 23 foot trailer and a 18 foot Expedition. When people on the board talk about the "big" rigs, they are just talking about the trailer itself, correct? What happens if you get to the Fort and your rig doesn't fit in the site they assign you? Also, my total length is around 41 feet, this should be good, right? Thanks for your comments.
Edited to add: Should I skip the golf cart? Would it even fit at our site? Thanks!

You will be fine, we had a 25 foot trailer, and a Crew Cab Dually and we fit in a preferred just fine. We have since moved to a premium. Our small setup is in our signature.
PS : We have never needed a cart. Rented on for a day just to relax at the Fort, but internal buses do just fine.

Thank you all for easing my mind. I wasn’t sure about our trailer but I’ve seen a lot of huge ones! I guess we do have just the right size for the preferred 🙂 I hope they still have the boat parade at night. We used to bring our pop up to the fort and I could hear it at our campsite. So many wonderful memories and we haven’t camped there since 2004! Very excited 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!