MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but I'm wondering about how Maxpass works when you purchase it as part of a package with the DLH. Long story very short, I originally purchased a package for August, 2018 for the DLH and park hopper tickets last fall, and at the time, MP wasn't available to be added to my package. After reading lots of the info on the Disboards, I was sold on MP and I was totally prepared to buy MP each day when we scanned into the parks. Recently, I rebooked to take advantage of the summer 2018 discount, and I was able to add MP to my package.

So, how does MP work when it's part of a DLH package? Since I've already paid for it as part of my package, how do I access it and use it? How does the DL app know that I've purchased is as part of a package? Am I right to assume I still only have access to FPs day by day? This will be our first trip to DL, and I thought I had things sort of figured out when I knew I would purchasing MP day by day once we scanned into the parks. Now that it's part of my package, I'm not sure how I access MP? Anyone who can walk me through accessing MP as part of a package...I'd so appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

I would imagine that if you pre-purchase MaxPass with your package, it would be linked to the tickets and you wouldn't need to do anything special to activate it. I have MaxPass on my AP, and when I open the app I have the option "Get FASTPASS with Disney MaxPass" without needing to do anything extra to activate it day to day. I suspect it would work the same for you - once you get your tickets and link them to the app maxpass will already be there. I can't speak from experience though.

I'm trying to understand the MP vs. fast pass. Sounds like with MP I can do it all from the app vs. running to the fast past kiosks. But not available for all rides.

We are coming for 1 day the end of July. I haven't bought my tickets yet. I'm wondering after I buy my tickets on the app am I able to book fast pass rides or do I have to buy max pass in order to do that? I am thinking I will buy the Max Pass anyway but I was curious how it all works after buying the pass. Since we are going in 2 weeks is there even going to be any fast passes or max passes left?? UGH!

I have only been to Disney World so this is new to me. We are getting the hopper pass hopefully we will be able to see a lot since this is our 1st time. I am bringing my 2 girls and hubby is taking our son somewhere else for the day...they aren't huge disney fans like us! Wish we could do more than 1 day...

I'm trying to understand the MP vs. fast pass. Sounds like with MP I can do it all from the app vs. running to the fast past kiosks. But not available for all rides.

We are coming for 1 day the end of July. I haven't bought my tickets yet. I'm wondering after I buy my tickets on the app am I able to book fast pass rides or do I have to buy max pass in order to do that? I am thinking I will buy the Max Pass anyway but I was curious how it all works after buying the pass. Since we are going in 2 weeks is there even going to be any fast passes or max passes left?? UGH!

I have only been to Disney World so this is new to me. We are getting the hopper pass hopefully we will be able to see a lot since this is our 1st time. I am bringing my 2 girls and hubby is taking our son somewhere else for the day...they aren't huge disney fans like us! Wish we could do more than 1 day...
Nothing is booked in advance with MP or FP. It’s all day of. I would basically compare it to old paper fp. The only difference is that when you buy MP you can book the FPs via the app and not go to the machine. If you haven’t bought your tickets yet and you are going to buy them direct from Disney you can buy them with maxpass included.

Just to clarify ... MP is available for all of the rides that FP is available for, but neither are available for all rides.

You can book your first MP attraction as soon as you enter the park, and you can book only for that day. You do not get to choose times, you get the next available. As Dina said, it's basically an electronic version of a FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter