MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Thx. I was searching in App Store but it dudn5 come up. I found it though the Disneyland website. Sorry - I was stumped for a moment....

this thread is long and not sure if this has been answered or not

can a family (2 adults and 1 child) on parkhoppers buy maxpass for only one person in their party? or do you have to buy for all 3? (i have AP with maxpass so I don't know)

...can a family (2 adults and 1 child) on parkhoppers buy maxpass for only one person in their party? or do you have to buy for all 3? (i have AP with maxpass so I don't know)

Yes, you can purchase MP for only one ticket or for as many tickets as you'd like. Just make sure that if you want to guarantee that all the FP return times in the party will be the same, use the paper tickets together at the FP machines, not a combination of MP and paper FP. Sometimes it is possible that MP will give you an earlier return time (if someone else has cancelled their MP FP) than the paper FP machine is giving out -- then your party would end up with 2 different return times. Does this make sense?

Yes, you can purchase MP for only one ticket or for as many tickets as you'd like. Just make sure that if you want to guarantee that all the FP return times in the party will be the same, use the paper tickets together at the FP machines, not a combination of MP and paper FP. Sometimes it is possible that MP will give you an earlier return time (if someone else has cancelled their MP FP) than the paper FP machine is giving out -- then your party would end up with 2 different return times. Does this make sense?
thanks -- they are really getting maxpass b/c of the photopass option they may only use it for one or two rides

thanks -- they are really getting maxpass b/c of the photopass option they may only use it for one or two rides

That's what I thought. But we've had a few families surprised by different return times when the one parent used MP and everyone else used the machines. It's just easier to use all the paper tickets together at the machines so that you know all the return times will be the same.

That's what I thought. But we've had a few families surprised by different return times when the one parent used MP and everyone else used the machines. It's just easier to use all the paper tickets together at the machines so that you know all the return times will be the same.
for photopass pictures i guess it is best if they grab one of the cards from the photographer and link the code thru the app? that way the card can be used by both parents, if one is riding
and they have to buy maxpass each and everyday they enter the park

for photopass pictures i guess it is best if they grab one of the cards from the photographer and link the code thru the app? that way the card can be used by both parents, if one is riding
Take a screenshot of the QR code for the pictures in the app, send it to the other parent. Make the QR code screenshot you lock screen wallpaper for easy access, no need to unlock phone to give to photographer.

You must buy maxpass each day. I’ll warn you. We bought one maxpass yesterday and today for a few adult rides. We have 2 kids. We really haven’t had any maxpass photos. The one by the castle had a really long line. There just haven’t been many phitopass photographers around. Maybe they should try one day and see if it’s worth it to them.

We didn’t buy it for photos. Just warning if that’s the purpose...

Hey all, I have searched and not found the answer but perhaps I’m just not using the right key words! What is the maximum amount of tickets I could handle or manage from my app for Max Pass? In other words, hypothetically, if I purchase max pass for 30 tickets can I manage them all from my one phone or device?

Hey all, I have searched and not found the answer but perhaps I’m just not using the right key words! What is the maximum amount of tickets I could handle or manage from my app for Max Pass? In other words, hypothetically, if I purchase max pass for 30 tickets can I manage them all from my one phone or device?

I'm not sure what the limits are. I manage six on my account. At one point, I had twelve passes on my account. I would guess that an email to app.support@disneyland.com or a call to Disneyland Resort Tech Support (714-520-6222) might give you the answer.

I would also say that managing a large amount of passes from one account has its downsides. At one point when I wanted to remove unneeded passes, I couldn't do it from the app. I had to call in to tech support. That was last November; I'm not sure if that has changed since then. Also, when visiting the parks with fewer than the full group of passes, it is sometimes a bit awkward to use MaxPass. Even when not all of the passes have been scanned in to the parks, the full list shows up in the screen to get FastPasses. But, of course, passes that haven't been scanned in yet are not eligible to reserve FastPasses. So you have to uncheck the unwanted passes or uncheck all of them and then check only the passes you do want to use. Doing that with 6 passes on the screen was inconvenient, but manageable. If I had 30 passes to manage, I might start thinking paper passes at the FastPass kiosks would be easier! :scared:

Like PP said, I think that would be really cumbersome and I would only try to manage that many passes from one account if the entire group was definitely going to stay together the whole time and ride all the same rides. I think it would be a pain to constantly scroll through the list unchecking different tickets all the time. If possible, with a group that size, I would put the app on several phones and have those people manage sub-groups which are likely to stay together. For example, if you have four different families making up the 30 people, I would have one person from each family manage their passes.

But that doesn't directly answer your question. I've never tried to link that many passes so I don't know if there's a limit.

Are you able to get MaxPass on a comp' ticket? A friend's family member is signing us in, so I wasn't sure if we could get MaxPass on it.

Are you able to get MaxPass on a comp' ticket? A friend's family member is signing us in, so I wasn't sure if we could get MaxPass on it.

You should be able to. The idea of Disney turning down any money (especially on a ticket they made no money on initially) seems ludicrous.

I've only experienced it with CM comp tickets (the physical comps that can be used without the CM present, not the sign ins), but there was no issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding with even the sign ins is you will be issued a physical ticket at the turnstile to allow for FP pulling and hopping.

Just scan this into the Disney app and purchase MP.

Just got back from my DL Trip.

I used to be the guy that would LITERALLY run to get the FastPass for the ride that we wanted to go on the second the next pass is made available and then meet up with the rest of my family while they wait in line for the next ride.

Now, I just set the reminder on my phone as to when I am eligibale to get my next fast pass and I'm good. It doesn't matter where I am, whether I am in line or in the restaurant.

If anyone has doubts about spending the money or not....Spend the extra $10 per person / per day to get the MAX pass. Add in the PhotoPass option to get all those free download of all the Disney Photos on the rides and the characters? It's totally worth it for the sheer convenience of it.

Our party includes myself, my DH, our DD13, our DD1.5, my mom, my sister, her DH, and their DS1.5- can we still get MP for 3 tickets and do rider swap?

Our party includes myself, my DH, our DD13, our DD1.5, my mom, my sister, her DH, and their DS1.5- can we still get MP for 3 tickets and do rider swap?

Yes. With three MP, the first three of you can go on the ride and get two rider swaps since you have two kids in the party. (Not sure if it matters, but you might want to act as two separate groups when you do this). Each swap will give you three more entries, so your 3 FP essentially become nine rides total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter