MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

That makes sense. They must not have a means of returning those to the general pool. Glad they aren't being wasted!
Yeah - I guess this is how they're addressing the issue of "gifting" FPs you cannot use. Except you're not actually gifting them upon random people who may not even know what they are, you're gifting them to people who actually want them. Which is a win-win: both for you (potentially opening up FP eligibility) and the person who gets the FP you cancelled. It might also give availability for FPs on rides that have run out. That would be interesting.

Now THIS could be really problematic. I could see goofy people booking as they leave and taking up FPs they're never gonna use just because they can. I'm seriously trying to decide if the $75 is worth it when our passes expire in 5 months. We probably only have 10-12 visits left and we usually go during off season. We'd probably ride more though with MP because we don't like extra walking just for a FP.

This is true for WDW and I don't see it being an issue. In fact, if you have an AP for WDW, you can book 3 FP+s every day of the year without ever intending to use them. So technically the problem could be severely worse at WDW, but it's a non-issue. I'm sure it would be the same at DL, so don't worry!

This is true for WDW and I don't see it being an issue. In fact, if you have an AP for WDW, you can book 3 FP+s every day of the year without ever intending to use them. So technically the problem could be severely worse at WDW, but it's a non-issue. I'm sure it would be the same at DL, so don't worry!
There are different concerns for DLR because of the exponentially higher number of APs close by. The day they allow booking without entering the park is the day the system is ruined (IMHO). Thankfully it appears at this point that your ticket needs to have been scanned for the day, so the potential for abuse is much lower.

That said, I don't think people booking FPs at DL before leaving "just because they can" will be an issue at all.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Maybe a few jerks, but not enough to cause a substantial problem.
I certainly wasn't trying to be a jerk. I said I could. I did to try it out. I could also cancel and did. People asked in another thread, so I tried and answered. I live in a city next to Anaheim so perhaps that is why (or perhaps not).

:)

I was in the parks yesterday. Did not purchase Max Pass. BUT, after I got home, the option to purchase it was still available on my app. It let me proceed all the way to the billing page. I live 15 miles south of DLR. So it appears that once you have entered a park, you can access MaxPass from WAY outside the parks. Just confirming what someone else posted. Also, I always turn off location services while in the parks. I also turn off WiFi. The app doesn't seem to rely on either, but instead only determines whether your ticket has been scanned for entry that day.

Does anyone have experience using Maxpass with Rider Switch? Does everyone in your party have to have Maxpass or can some have Maxpass and the others use a Riderswitch pass? I know with traditional Fastpasses, we only needed a FP for the first "group" and then the adults that stayed behind with the kids could just use the Riderswitch. Debating if the daily cost of Maxpass is worth it, but if only half our party needed to pay for it that would make it more manageable.

I was in the parks yesterday. Did not purchase Max Pass. BUT, after I got home, the option to purchase it was still available on my app. It let me proceed all the way to the billing page. I live 15 miles south of DLR. So it appears that once you have entered a park, you can access MaxPass from WAY outside the parks. Just confirming what someone else posted. Also, I always turn off location services while in the parks. I also turn off WiFi. The app doesn't seem to rely on either, but instead only determines whether your ticket has been scanned for entry that day.
Did you use FPs yesterday? Curious if you think they went faster or not if you did.

Did you use FPs yesterday? Curious if you think they went faster or not if you did.

Just one for Big Thunder around 9:45. Return time was 10 min later.

My kids don't ride many FP rides and we have a DAS also so not planning to buy MaxPass for the whole family. Will likely add it to just my pass since I go solo or with friends often.

I met up with a friend who was on a large family trip. None of them bought MP and they did a LOT of rides yesterday even though it was very crowded. They used the heck out of FP and had a successful day, so my guess is that not much has changed.

Just one for Big Thunder around 9:45. Return time was 10 min later.

My kids don't ride many FP rides and we have a DAS also so not planning to buy MaxPass for the whole family. Will likely add it to just my pass since I go solo or with friends often.

I met up with a friend who was on a large family trip. None of them bought MP and they did a LOT of rides yesterday even though it was very crowded. They used the heck out of FP and had a successful day, so my guess is that not much has changed.
Thanks

Does anyone have experience using Maxpass with Rider Switch? Does everyone in your party have to have Maxpass or can some have Maxpass and the others use a Riderswitch pass? I know with traditional Fastpasses, we only needed a FP for the first "group" and then the adults that stayed behind with the kids could just use the Riderswitch. Debating if the daily cost of Maxpass is worth it, but if only half our party needed to pay for it that would make it more manageable.

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm wondering the exact same thing for our trip next month.

They still give you the same Ride Switch ticket. It is not connected to the app or FP at all.

How are the fast passes for the busy rides like Guardians and Radiator spring Since Max Pass has started?

On previous trips I would switch parks get tickets for RSR around noon for later in the evening when my whole party switched. But now that the parks are connected that isn't possible without dragging them all with me or getting Max pass.

Decisions Decisions..

How are the fast passes for the busy rides like Guardians and Radiator spring Since Max Pass has started?

On previous trips I would switch parks get tickets for RSR around noon for later in the evening when my whole party switched. But now that the parks are connected that isn't possible without dragging them all with me or getting Max pass.

Decisions Decisions..

I have been watching the FP times the past 3 days. For RSR, it's been "selling out" between 1:00-1:30. Guardians is going much faster, selling out between 11:00-11:30.

I used to do the same thing. With the parks disconnected, it was possible to stash a few late day FPs for DCA while having fun at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter