MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I love max pass used it all day yesterday! Was so nice not having to run in the heat! A few glitches but worth every penny. I am not adding it to my AP just because I can not guarantee I will be in the park 8 times next year!

I have been watching the FP times the past 3 days. For RSR, it's been "selling out" between 1:00-1:30. Guardians is going much faster, selling out between 11:00-11:30.

I used to do the same thing. With the parks disconnected, it was possible to stash a few late day FPs for DCA while having fun at DL.

I think we might have to try out the pass the first full day and see how it goes. It isn't so bad for just me and hubby but with our company they have a larger family so it adds up quick. Now if it was October already!!

MDE appears to be down as well, I can't log into my account on either app.
For everyone. As others noticed, the entire app was done for about an hour.

Anyway, after it came back up, it was awesome. So many FPs with almost immediate return times. I am now taking a break at our hotel and have booked an FP for later and will book another in about an hour.

Interesting side notes, when the ride you have FP for goes down, FP automatically turns into "multiple attractions" FP with list of rides you can use it on instead.

Also, earlier today, Guardian FPs had evening return times. Then I checked 15 minutes later again and was able to snag some with 2:30pm return. Not sure how this happened but just thought I would note it.

Lastly, maximum wait before pulling another FP is only 1.5 hours, not 2 hours.

Last edited:
I used MaxPass yesterday. As soon as I arrived (8:30am) I pulled a FP for Soarin' for 9am. As soon as I entered that FP lane, I pulled a FP for Guardians at 12:50. My window for another FP opened at 10:40. I went over to DLR, pulled FP for Haunted Mansion to ride at 10:45. As soon as I entered that FP lane, I pulled a FP for Toy Story Mania for 11:00. Rode TSM, saw the noon Frozen show, then rode Guardians.

I thought it was great - very convenient.

I apologize if this has been discussed already - with the photopass feature of maxpass, do the free downloads expire at the end of the day, or are the photos subject to the standard 45 day expiration period? Thanks!

I'm a bit worried/annoyed. My app still shows my Premier pass as a Signature, which would mean MaxPass won't be automatically available (I upgraded a couple months ago). I contacted Disney and received a call earlier this week and they are aware of the problem. I gave over my ID numbers and they were hopefully going to fix it. Got another call this morning (coincidentally, when I was on hold with Disney trying to get an update on the same issue), and the CM said it is supposed to be fixed, but I told her it still wasn't. She resent the email over to the app support to try and get it set up properly, but still isn't. Now I'm heading to the parks tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see if it actually is working by then. If not, I'll have to go to Guest Services and I don't know if they will have any solution-my hope would be they would just give me some anytime FPs to make up for it if it's still messed up.

I apologize if this has been discussed already - with the photopass feature of maxpass, do the free downloads expire at the end of the day, or are the photos subject to the standard 45 day expiration period? Thanks![/ QUOTE] We did MP yesterday, and the photos we had taken yesterday are still in my account.

...Now I'm heading to the parks tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see if it actually is working by then. If not, I'll have to go to Guest Services and I don't know if they will have any solution-my hope would be they would just give me some anytime FPs to make up for it if it's still messed up.
If you issues persist, you might also try the AP sales office in the tour garden (next to City Hall). Walk in Walt's Footsteps is the only tour, so the little building is being used to sell APs.

The half hour wait? That started last Friday, pre-MP.

No, two people posted right before my comment that the wait to get a new fast pass when your current one was a few hours later is now 1.5 hours instead of 2 hours. I believe both of them were using MP, so I was wondering if regular FP users had the same experience. If it is only MP users that get this benefit, it would be one more reason to buy MP.

Lastly, maximum wait before pulling another FP is only 1.5 hours, not 2 hours.

I pulled a FP for Soarin' for 9am. As soon as I entered that FP lane, I pulled a FP for Guardians at 12:50. My window for another FP opened at 10:40.

They both replied that they were using MP, so no word on regular FP users.

Can you add names to each of the tickets linked in the app, or does it just remain with the ID #? If you can, how do you do it?
We used maxpass yesterday. We were a party of 7, made up of 3 smaller groups. Some of the names automatically showed up when we scanned the tickets (I have no idea how it knew the names associated with the tickets) and some of the tickets there was a spot to type in the name. We had one ticket that didn't automatically load a name and didn't give us the opportunity to assign one either, so that just said ID and the last 4 digits of the ticket number.

If you issues persist, you might also try the AP sales office in the tour garden (next to City Hall). Walk in Walt's Footsteps is the only tour, so the little building is being used to sell APs.

Do you know if the AP sales office in the tour garden can add MaxPass to an existing AP? I would really love to avoid the ticket booths next week, if possible. :)

Do you know if the AP sales office in the tour garden can add MaxPass to an existing AP? I would really love to avoid the ticket booths next week, if possible. :)
Sorry, I don't know.
I suspect the AP booth can do the same tasks as regular ticket booths.

We tried to add to existing APs at ticket booths on Thursday. We were told that they could not add to ours without charging us difference between what we paid for APs and current price. We bought passes for $599 and current price is $619. She said that our renewal discount would not be bridged. I told her they were not renewals but that the price was $599 when we purchased them. Anyway, she told me we would have to pay daily price until they worked it out and then refund and adjust once solved. Um, no thanks. I then went to guest relations and the lady there said let's just give it a try and see what happens. It worked! Correct add-on price. So easy but the woman at ticket booth just argued with me and didn't even try to add it. I was so irritated. Take away: go to guest relations and ask them to give it a whirl.

Someone up thread said they scanned their vouchers in. The question would be is the barcode the same for your voucher as it will be for your ticket? I would think so but I wouldn't know for sure as the last time I bought tickets I scanned the voucher from my phone at the turnstiles. I would think since you don't have to go to the ticket booth it's the same thing but again, don't take my thoughts as valid since I haven't done it myself.

I just took another look at my aRes Travel thing, and indeed it is a Disney e-ticket. For some reason I thought it was some placeholder thing that could not be scanned by the app. I scanned it just now and assigned my name to it in the app. That should speed things up when I add MP just after the turnstile.

The one thing that puzzled me is that the barcoded ticket image in the app states "Valid through 8/5/17," as if I've already entered a park. (Which I won't until August 20.) Below that is the normal fine print about the ticket's first day of use being no later than December 31, all days must be used by January 13, etc. I hope the fine print is right and the ticket image is wrong.

From the reports, if you use the the instant FP before the 30 minute window is up, you can pull another. Only has to have the first scan too. Don't need to wait until the second scan point. I've seen proof from other users in these threads that show people who pulled three within 30 minutes despite the new rule in effect.

And the person who booked from their room did it recently after the 30 minute (if you haven't used the pass yet) went into effect. It couldn't have been days ago anyways since MP just went publicly live yesterday.

Yes, but the question I was responding to asked whether or not you can actually pull 3 FP from the app from your hotel room (I think it was within an hour or two?) which would preclude your being able to use one during the first or second 30 minute window. Pulling 3 in two hours while in the park is a different story.

The one thing that puzzled me is that the barcoded ticket image in the app states "Valid through 8/5/17," as if I've already entered a park. (Which I won't until August 20.) Below that is the normal fine print about the ticket's first day of use being no later than December 31, all days must be used by January 13, etc. I hope the fine print is right and the ticket image is wrong.

Don't worry! I freaked out about that too. Every day at midnight (PT) that date gets pushed up one more day. So when I scanned mine in the exp was 8/2 and now today it is 8/5. Disney relations said it would keep forwarding dates until either the "real" expiration (Jan 2019) or the ticket was scanned at the turnstile and activated! Then (if you have park hoppers), that 13 days expiration date will be locked in to use your tickets by!

Does that make sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter