MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

So from all the above threads -- is this correct?

* Maximum wait time to pull another FP is now 1.5 hours instead of two hours. (This would only apply if you pull a FP with a long return time.)
* Minimum wait time to pull another FP is now 30 minutes, assuming you've pulled a FP that has a return time of less than 30 minutes.
* The exception to the minimum rule above is that you are able to pull another FP as soon as your last one is scanned.
* As has always been the case, as soon as you use your current FP, you can pull another. But with MP, that means as soon as the FP is scanned.
* It is unknown if the maximum wait time of 1.5 hours now applies only to MP or to all FPs.

Don't worry! I freaked out about that too. Every day at midnight (PT) that date gets pushed up one more day. So when I scanned mine in the exp was 8/2 and now today it is 8/5. Disney relations said it would keep forwarding dates until either the "real" expiration (Jan 2019) or the ticket was scanned at the turnstile and activated! Then (if you have park hoppers), that 13 days expiration date will be locked in to use your tickets by!

Does that make sense?

Yes, I assumed it was something like this. The app does not bother to explain its use of a "dynamic" expiration date for my ticket, which I find somewhat customer-unfriendly. Maybe I'll send them an email about it.

Yes, but the question I was responding to asked whether or not you can actually pull 3 FP from the app from your hotel room (I think it was within an hour or two?) which would preclude your being able to use one during the first or second 30 minute window. Pulling 3 in two hours while in the park is a different story.

Yes. And my second paragraph addressed that the person did so post 30 minute window becoming a thing as that happened before MP went live.

I just got home from an afternoon in Disneyland. A few thoughts:
1) I have a Premier and didn't have to do anything extra in to start booking Maxpasses as soon as my card was scanned.
2) My 6yo activated a 5-day PH from LMTClub, and as soon as she got her physical Disney ticket, I scanned it and added it to my app, then got Maxpass for her too.
3) Wifi sucks in the parks.
4) Hungry Bear Fantasmic dinner is totally worth it. I had the delicious salmon at 6pm, and sat right up front at 8:30 for the 9pm show.
5) My worry that no fast passes would be available once we arrived at 2pm was unwarranted.
6) My 6yo wanted to ride BTMRR for the first time ever, and after an immediate FP at Haunted Mansion, we got one for BTMRR, then another for BTMRR. That was a mistake. We should have gotten one for Splash Mountain then waited 2 hours to get BTMRR FPs, which were always available, whereas Splash went quickly. At 2pm, the FP return time was already after 5pm, for example. At 3pm it was after 9pm.
7) We got two more BTMRR fast passes, as well as one for Indiana Jones, before the night was over. As we were leaving at 10pm, I checked just to see what was available, and most things were gone, except a 10:15 at Buzz and, of course, another one at Big Thunder.

I thought HB was standing only? Were you in the HB section or the BB/RBT area, as there have been reports of HB people being able to sit there also? I'm also surprised that you got up front with only getting there at 8:30. That's good news. I wonder if they'll keep tweaking things so much that in a month when I go, the good seating people are getting for the show will be gone. Everyone: keep reporting on your Fantasmic! experiences!!!

4) Hungry Bear Fantasmic dinner is totally worth it. I had the delicious salmon at 6pm, and sat right up front at 8:30 for the 9pm show.

I am curious about your Hungry Bear experience too. Are they combined with RBT and BB? I thought it just gave you a FP for the regular standing area and that the only real benefit was you didn't have to get there early enough to pull a free FP yourself.

HOW TO SPLIT MAXPASS TO MULTIPLE PHONES WITH ONE PARTY

So we went to City Hall and were instructed on how to allow the kids to book MaxPass with their own phone. Here is what we did:

1. Scan all tickets into Main Parent Phone.
2. Buy MaxPass for all tickets.
3. Have kids scan their tickets into Kid Phone.

This way the Main Parent phone can pay for everyone and book FPs for everyone in a large group, while the tickets scanned into the Kid Phone can book for the kids. This has worked great for us for two days.

I thought HB was standing only? Were you in the HB section or the BB/RBT area, as there have been reports of HB people being able to sit there also? I'm also surprised that you got up front with only getting there at 8:30. That's good news. I wonder if they'll keep tweaking things so much that in a month when I go, the good seating people are getting for the show will be gone. Everyone: keep reporting on your Fantasmic! experiences!!!
I am curious about your Hungry Bear experience too. Are they combined with RBT and BB? I thought it just gave you a FP for the regular standing area and that the only real benefit was you didn't have to get there early enough to pull a free FP yourself.

I got the feeling that CMs didn't quite know what to do with my Hungry Bear Fantasmic passes, or where to send me. One person had me walk all the way over to the Haunted Mansion, where another directed me to the back toward the center of the reserved area. We were just a few dozen feet left of center, and while it was technically a standing area, everyone sat down the whole time as seemed to be unofficial protocol in all the reserved areas. When Fantasmic started, there was still enough space for about 10-15 people in our area, enough that my 6yo laid down for a nap from 8:30-9 without disturbing or preventing anyone from sitting near us.

Unless you really want to eat at Blue Bayou, I'd recommend Hungry Bear for the $avings alone.

So we went to City Hall and were instructed on how to allow the kids to book MaxPass with their own phone. Here is what we did:

This way the Main Parent phone can pay for everyone and book FPs for everyone in a large group, while the tickets scanned into the Kid Phone can book for the kids. This has worked great for us for two days.

We just got AP's and need to figure out the tech part of our passes. I've had a Disney account for a long time, but no passes are linked anywhere. If DH creates his own Disney account and links his AP to his account, can we both scan all our passes into 2 main parent phones? In the past he has logged into my account for reservations, etc., and that has worked great. I'm not even sure why he would need to create his own account other than the lady at the ticket booth said to do it that way.

ETA: we have 4 kids, so a party of 6

I got the feeling that CMs didn't quite know what to do with my Hungry Bear Fantasmic passes, or where to send me. One person had me walk all the way over to the Haunted Mansion, where another directed me to the back toward the center of the reserved area. We were just a few dozen feet left of center, and while it was technically a standing area, everyone sat down the whole time as seemed to be unofficial protocol in all the reserved areas. When Fantasmic started, there was still enough space for about 10-15 people in our area, enough that my 6yo laid down for a nap from 8:30-9 without disturbing or preventing anyone from sitting near us.

Unless you really want to eat at Blue Bayou, I'd recommend Hungry Bear for the $avings alone.
SOLD! Though I'm going to keep by BB reservation too, just in case the HB experience gets worse overtime. I'm on the short side and I have a young daughter, so I want to make sure we will be able to sit and not have to stand behind taller people.

We just got AP's and need to figure out the tech part of our passes. I've had a Disney account for a long time, but no passes are linked anywhere. If DH creates his own Disney account and links his AP to his account, can we both scan all our passes into 2 main parent phones? In the past he has logged into my account for reservations, etc., and that has worked great. I'm not even sure why he would need to create his own account other than the lady at the ticket booth said to do it that way.

ETA: we have 4 kids, so a party of 6

Think of the Main phone as the phone that pays and any other phone as a secondary phone. Scan all tickets to the Main phone and for each secondary phone scan only those passes you want that phone to control. That could be all of them, so the secondary phone looks just like the main phone.

The accounts do not really link, it's more like the scanned passes are linked. Once you scan all passes to Main phone and pay for them all, they can be treated as a "Fastpass Party"

It's hard to explain but you'll understand when you try it. Just stick to the Main/secondary idea and the rest will fall into place.

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I bought 5 day PH several months ago for a visit next month. My tickets are loaded in the app. If I go there now, I don't see anything that asks me if I want to buy MP. Will that appear in the app after my tickets has been scanned for the day?

Think of the Main phone as the phone that pays and any other phone as a secondary phone. Scan all tickets to the Main phone and for each secondary phone scan only those passes you want that phone to control. That could be all of them, so the secondary phone looks just like the main phone.

The accounts do not really link, it's more like the scanned passes are linked. Once you scan all passes to Main phone and pay for them all, they can be treated as a "Fastpass Party"

It's hard to explain but you'll understand when you try it. Just stick to the Main/secondary idea and the rest will fall into place.

Thanks. This does make sense as far as using MP. I think I need to figure out if there are other reasons for my husband to set up an account online for his AP, but it sounds like that shouldn't impact our ability to all coordinate for MP.

Just wondering how it will work if you are already receiving the Photopass that was included with a Costco package. Will I have to purchase the Maxpass also or can my Photopass be upgraded to the Maxpass at a lesser price?

My documents say I am receiving a "Photopass Collection," not sure exactly what that is. We are WDW vets and this is not something we are familiar with. The FP to book on your phone is already included with your ticket at WDW but we do have to add the Photopass on extra.

Exactly. My husband and I have all family members in both our accounts. Either of us can make/change plans for all or split apart.

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I bought 5 day PH several months ago for a visit next month. My tickets are loaded in the app. If I go there now, I don't see anything that asks me if I want to buy MP. Will that appear in the app after my tickets has been scanned for the day?

Make sure your DL app has been updated, mine updated on 14th and 17th, MaxPass pops up as available now, but you can not purchase until you are physically in the park and your tickets are scanned.

So if our family of four has one kid who does not take a phone with her. Sometimes she goes on rides with her older sister, sometimes with her dad, and sometimes with me. Would ALL of us be able to have our own ticket plus her ticket scanned onto our phones?

What about if everyone in the family has everyone else's tickets scanned onto their phones? Would that enable the kids to use FPs that the parents have pulled and are not using if we go back to the hotel for a break or go to restaurant?

So if our family of four has one kid who does not take a phone with her. Sometimes she goes on rides with her older sister, sometimes with her dad, and sometimes with me. Would ALL of us be able to have our own ticket plus her ticket scanned onto our phones?

What about if everyone in the family has everyone else's tickets scanned onto their phones? Would that enable the kids to use FPs that the parents have pulled and are not using if we go back to the hotel for a break or go to restaurant?
Yes and yes. They don't check IDs at the scanners :)

Make sure your DL app has been updated, mine updated on 14th and 17th, MaxPass pops up as available now, but you can not purchase until you are physically in the park and your tickets are scanned.
Thanks - so I won't see the MP availability until I am in the park?

I am buying a 1 day hopper ticket for my husband and can buy max pass at the time , I have 4 day hoppers ( for the kids ) via LMT which once scanned and in the park he can buy it for the kids. ( I have a 3 day and joining a day later )
Should I just wait and buy all 3 at the same time ? Would there be any benefit in buys hubby's first ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter