MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Thanks for the info! Excited about that! Since I cannot access the app and maxpass can you explain how to do this? When you enter the park and access the app does it give you the choice of just for that day or for the entire time of your tickets? Trying to add that now seems to only be a possibility with adding to ALL park hopper days. Thanks!

You have to add it day of that you want it after entering the parks.

I have an MP question I do not remember being asked yet here.

If you are lucky enough to get someone's canceled MPs and thus earlier than where the main FP window has moved to, what happens to your next available FP time?

For example, say it is noon and the FP window for GOTG is 5-6PM. But someone cancels a 12:15-1:15 FP and you get it. Does that mean you can get the GOTG FP and then at 12:15 get another FP for something else?

:wizard:

I don't have any experience, but it seems like it would follow the same rules as any other FP obtained through MP. If you get the GOTG FP at noon, you could get another one at 12:30 (standard minimum 30 minute wait), unless you actually scanned into the ride at between 12:15 and 12:29. In that case you could get another FP as soon as you scanned into GOTG.

Thanks for the info! Excited about that! Since I cannot access the app and maxpass can you explain how to do this? When you enter the park and access the app does it give you the choice of just for that day or for the entire time of your tickets? Trying to add that now seems to only be a possibility with adding to ALL park hopper days. Thanks!
You access maxpass through the app once you've entered the park for the day. I think you have to add it each day. You do not have the option to buy all days on your first day. Only when you initially buy your ticket.

If you are lucky enough to get someone's canceled MPs and thus earlier than where the main FP window has moved to, what happens to your next available FP time?

For example, say it is noon and the FP window for GOTG is 5-6PM. But someone cancels a 12:15-1:15 FP and you get it. Does that mean you can get the GOTG FP and then at 12:15 get another FP for something else?

You can't hold two fp for the same ride. I don't think it would let you get the 12:15 fp without deleting your 5 pm one first.

You can't hold two fp for the same ride. I don't think it would let you get the 12:15 fp without deleting your 5 pm one first.

No, he's not saying he'd have a 5:00 one, he's saying the posted FP return time is 5, but he's able to pick up a cancelled pass for 12:15.

While I don't have experience, I would assume it would work like any other FP you hold, meaning you could pull another at 12:15.

How is MP affecting the regular FP system. Are they gone much quicker? By what time would you say regular FP run out for either RSR or Soaring?

We are going in December and $10 per person would cost us an extra $160 for the trip. Which is not much with the PP but Our costco package already comes with Photo pass so no extra there.

Are FP still available through out the day or are they gone because of MP users?
It appeared that they were just giving out more FPs. The FPs lines were usually pretty long. For example, two weeks ago, we rode GOTG. The FP line wound all through the FP queue and entrance. They then divided up the FP line into two lines of guest going back towards where the trolley enters/exits, next the line broke and you went across the street into an opened backstage area where the line wound around. I'd say the FP line was about 30 minutes (while standby was around an hour and a half).

Since it is a close return time, the standard time to get another FP would be 30 minutes. So, you should definitely be able to get another at 12:30. If you ride right away, and they clear the FP right away, and you actually get a signal inside the GOTG ride building, then you might be able to get another FP at 12:15.

Since it is a close return time, the standard time to get another FP would be 30 minutes. So, you should definitely be able to get another at 12:30. If you ride right away, and they clear the FP right away, and you actually get a signal inside the GOTG ride building, then you might be able to get another FP at 12:15.
Ah, that makes sense - that it would work like the "instant" FPs.

Thanks everyone!

It appeared that they were just giving out more FPs. The FPs lines were usually pretty long. For example, two weeks ago, we rode GOTG. The FP line wound all through the FP queue and entrance. They then divided up the FP line into two lines of guest going back towards where the trolley enters/exits, next the line broke and you went across the street into an opened backstage area where the line wound around. I'd say the FP line was about 30 minutes (while standby was around an hour and a half).

so it seems like FP are still available during the day even with MP being used. Do you think this will change for the holiday season?
If we try for a fast pass for RSR ,TSMM, after 12 pm will there be any available or no? at Disneyland we will probably only pull a FP for HM and Star Tours if needed.

We always take advantage of being there early and get which ever ride is priority and grab a fast pass for the rest.

so it seems like FP are still available during the day even with MP being used. Do you think this will change for the holiday season?
If we try for a fast pass for RSR ,TSMM, after 12 pm will there be any available or no? at Disneyland we will probably only pull a FP for HM and Star Tours if needed.

We always take advantage of being there early and get which ever ride is priority and grab a fast pass for the rest.
TSMM FPs were lasting well into the afternoon when we were there, so I think that you'll probably have a good chance of pulling one at noon. IIRC, the ones that ran out earliest in DCA were RSR, GOTG, and Soarin'. I would pull HMH before Star Tours.

We'll be there in 10 days so I started haunting the app on Sunday and keeping track. I checked every FP ride every few hours on Sunday, and then a few times each day on Mon. & Tues. Soarin FPs were always gone in the first few hours, as were GOTG. RSR FPs were always gone before 2. Every other FP ride in both parks still showed availability when I checked at 4:45pm. By 7:10, which was my next check, SM and HM were gone, but the others were still distributing FPs.

Is there a list somewhere of MP attractions? Are all FP attractions automatically MP attractions as well?

Is there a list somewhere of MP attractions? Are all FP attractions automatically MP attractions as well?

If it has FP, it has MP.

The exception being shows (WOC, F!). Anything that's not considered a ride FP cannot use MP. You still have to physically go to those kiosks to get a FP.

If it has FP, it has MP.

The exception being shows (WOC, F!). Anything that's not considered a ride FP cannot use MP. You still have to physically go to those kiosks to get a FP.

And the show FP are disconnected from ride FP (paper or MP) so you can get the show FPs and not interfere with ability to get FP for rides. We LOVED MP!

Thanks!

Do DLR parks honor the 5 minutes before/15 minutes after FP return like WDW parks do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter