*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Having never seen a DL ticket, do they have the names already on them, or do we need to make sure that each kid (14, 10, and 6 - each with their own versions of autism, ADHD, and Oppositional) will keep their tickets to scan in at the rides for Maxpass usage?
The first time you scan them into the app, you can assign names to them, but not after that without involving Disney IT (which I hear is a pain). After that, every time you add them to someone else's app, they will have the names you gave them the first time.

You can’t see all of the return times listed in one window (the way they appear in the 2nd post on this thread) unless you’re in the park. As mentioned by a PP, you can click on the ride on the app, and it will show you the current FP return time. So right now, I’m not at the parks, but I can see that “It’s a Small World” is distributing FPs for 7:05-8:05pm.

How many days will you be there? Parkhoppers or not?

If you have the time and don’t need to crazy-maximize your FP efficiency, it’s not that difficult to bunch FPs together by location. For Disneyland, you’d want to start with Tomorrowland book Space, Star Tours, and Buzz, then hit Matterhorn, IASW, and Roger Rabbit, then hit Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, and maybe Splash. Now, this would be a very full day of touring, and it would leave out Indiana Jones and maybe Splash, so unless you hit a cancellation on those, you’d have to pick them up on another day... but it’s perfectly doable to book them in a certain location order if you prefer.

DCA is tougher, but still doable.
Thank you all for all of your help. Here's what we have tentatively come up with:
Mon 6/10 - arrive at LAX around 10 pm - travel to Tropicana

Tues 6/11 - 7am EMH open to FL, then do part of Toontown (will finish TT on our final make-up day). Go back to Tropicana to rest from about 12-4 or so. Return for 6 pm Soundsational, Tomorrowland with hopefully already secured FPs for Space, Buzz, and Star Tours, plus Autopia and Sub. Finish evening with fireworks.

Wed -6/12 - sightseeing; not out much later than sunset

Thur -6/13 - SWGE; then CC, NOSq (w appropriate FP secured during SWGE morning for Splash, HM,t and Star Tours); go across park for SW Launch Bay and ST, but stopping for Castle walkthrough and Royal storytelling along the way.

Fri - 6/14 - SWGE; Frontierland, Adventureland (with appropriate FP for Indy, and BTMMRR hopefully secured during our SWGE morning); Fantasmic!

Sat - 6/15 - DCA; Cars and Pixar with appropriate FP secured in AM, lunch at Flo's, then down to Hollywood land with GotG FP secured and hang down there for the afternoon. Head back to Cars in evening before WoC Dessert Party. Prob not do Little Mermaid or Soarin', possible not do TSMM, either, since identical to WDW..unless there is extra time. Do some Marvel meet/greets during Hollywood land time.

Sun - 6/16 - VR and Pop Up at Downtown Disney ; Mickey Magical Map, finish Toontown; MAYBE do something else we missed or want to double up on at either park. Get to bed early for a 5 am LAX flight home.

Questions:
1) For Thurs, by doing the castle walkthrough from the hub side (we'd be coming from Adventureland into the hub), can you exit back into the hub in order to get to the storytelling? Or do you have to go through FL and back around? I haven't been able to definitively see how the paths in that area work on the Disney site map.

2) Am I being over ambitious in this type of plan, where it would be a minor miracle to get this done? The only table service meal planned the entire trip is Blue Bayou with the Fantasmic package. All the rest are quick service, snacks, using mobile order as available, etc. We are also assuming a DAS (although definitely preparing not to get it approved, although given his recent DAS history at WDW, DS6 definitely needs it, and I don't foresee a problem, given his needs). Sensory overload is not an issue with him, so we should be able to take our restroom and shade breaks organically.

Thoughts?
Thanks!!

Thank you all for all of your help. Here's what we have tentatively come up with:

Tues 6/11 - 7am EMH open to FL, then do part of Toontown (will finish TT on our final make-up day). Go back to Tropicana to rest from about 12-4 or so. Return for 6 pm Soundsational, Tomorrowland with hopefully already secured FPs for Space, Buzz, and Star Tours, plus Autopia and Sub. Finish evening with fireworks.

Thur -6/13 - SWGE; then CC, NOSq (w appropriate FP secured during SWGE morning for Splash, HM,t and Star Tours); go across park for SW Launch Bay and ST, but stopping for Castle walkthrough and Royal storytelling along the way.

Fri - 6/14 - SWGE; Frontierland, Adventureland (with appropriate FP for Indy, and BTMMRR hopefully secured during our SWGE morning); Fantasmic!

Sat - 6/15 - DCA; Cars and Pixar with appropriate FP secured in AM, lunch at Flo's, then down to Hollywood land with GotG FP secured and hang down there for the afternoon. Head back to Cars in evening before WoC Dessert Party. Prob not do Little Mermaid or Soarin', possible not do TSMM, either, since identical to WDW..unless there is extra time. Do some Marvel meet/greets during Hollywood land time.

Sun - 6/16 - VR and Pop Up at Downtown Disney ; Mickey Magical Map, finish Toontown; MAYBE do something else we missed or want to double up on at either park. Get to bed early for a 5 am LAX flight home.

Questions:
1) For Thurs, by doing the castle walkthrough from the hub side (we'd be coming from Adventureland into the hub), can you exit back into the hub in order to get to the storytelling? Or do you have to go through FL and back around? I haven't been able to definitively see how the paths in that area work on the Disney site map.

2) Am I being over ambitious in this type of plan, where it would be a minor miracle to get this done? The only table service meal planned the entire trip is Blue Bayou with the Fantasmic package. All the rest are quick service, snacks, using mobile order as available, etc. We are also assuming a DAS (although definitely preparing not to get it approved, although given his recent DAS history at WDW, DS6 definitely needs it, and I don't foresee a problem, given his needs). Sensory overload is not an issue with him, so we should be able to take our restroom and shade breaks organically.

Thoughts?
Thanks!!
You might hit a bottle neck here or there, but I don't really see any day that would be impossible to get done what you have scheduled. In fact, I think for the most part, you'll find yourself with plenty of free time.

Question 1: there is a path from FL to the Fantasy Faire next to BBB on the FL side of the castle. Don't worry about it, it's a small area, so even going back out of the castle into the hub to Fantasy Faire takes no time at all.

I am trying to sketch out a plan on our DL day on June 7th. I have been checking the app to get an idea of return times, but I keep forgetting to check it at 8-9am. We have SWGE at 11am, and was hoping to do BTMR prior to 10am, because I am assuming that we would have to line up to SWGE by that time. I am travelling with 6 teenage girls and am afraid of how far off my scheduled park arrival they will make us. If we arrive at 8:30 how likely is it that I will be able to get a FP for BTMR with a return time prior to 10am? (also, I am just using this as a benchmark, since no one knows how SWGE will impact ride times).

I am trying to sketch out a plan on our DL day on June 7th. I have been checking the app to get an idea of return times, but I keep forgetting to check it at 8-9am. We have SWGE at 11am, and was hoping to do BTMR prior to 10am, because I am assuming that we would have to line up to SWGE by that time. I am travelling with 6 teenage girls and am afraid of how far off my scheduled park arrival they will make us. If we arrive at 8:30 how likely is it that I will be able to get a FP for BTMR with a return time prior to 10am? (also, I am just using this as a benchmark, since no one knows how SWGE will impact ride times).
Currently, very likely. A quick glance over the data shows a lot of days where the return time at 9am is before 10am. I actually didn’t spot any days where I’ve been tracking times that BTMR had a return later than 10 at 9.

As you noted, that’s no guarantee, but your prospects look good.

How do you see FastPass return times on the app? I’m technology illiterate and can’t find it.

How do you see FastPass return times on the app? I’m technology illiterate and can’t find it.
You have to click on each ride on the app (either the star or the wait time on the map) and it will show up on the right.

When you’re in the park and have Maxpass, you can see them all on one screen.

Reactions: EmJ
Currently, very likely. A quick glance over the data shows a lot of days where the return time at 9am is before 10am. I actually didn’t spot any days where I’ve been tracking times that BTMR had a return later than 10 at 9.

As you noted, that’s no guarantee, but your prospects look good.
Thank you for answering, I hope your data points hold up next month. Fingers crossed.

Is there a general strategy for EMH? Like with the MK days is it ideal to knockout everything in Fantasyland that doesn't have MP/FP during that first hour? Same with DCA - is there something in particular that makes more sense doing in that first hour? I believe you can start grabbing FPs through MP during EMH as well? Should we grab smallest return windows first and then go from there depending on what happens throughout the day?

Is there a general strategy for EMH? Like with the MK days is it ideal to knockout everything in Fantasyland that doesn't have MP/FP during that first hour? Same with DCA - is there something in particular that makes more sense doing in that first hour? I believe you can start grabbing FPs through MP during EMH as well? Should we grab smallest return windows first and then go from there depending on what happens throughout the day?
The biggest thing in FL is to not take up
your whole EMH waiting in line for PP.

Yes, you can start collecting MP during EMH.

Yes, choose the smallest return windows first. Then, perhaps before a break, select a MP that will require a 90 min wait before selecting another.

MP is absolutely great for taking an afternoon break at your hotel and not feel like you’re losing ground. Keep selecting MP!

Questions:

Thoughts?
Thanks!!
I think you’re under-utilizing MP and holding it within the confines of FP+. But, traipsing kids with disabilities through the park can be very challenging, so I can understand that aspect as well. It’s still SO VERY useful to have MP. I know my kids can only be in the park a couple of hours at a time.

DAS is great because you can select a time before you leave the park for a break. (I would work with the assumption that your children qualify). Then you have something to go to immediately upon return whereas with MP time constraints are in place to an extent. As PP mentioned they work very well together.

Does your ODD child happen to have FASD?

Getting up early your first day is important. You’ll see what we are talking about once you get there. Around 10 am it starts to get busy and it’s very hard to walk through the park! By 11 I’m ready to lunch and hotel. :)

Have a great trip!

What smartlabelprint said, plus - the reasoning behind Fantasyland (excluding PP, if you're not one of the first in line so you have a minimal wait) is that all of the Fantasyland rides are slow loaders, short rides, and basically right next to each other. Since they're slow loaders, they'll often have minimal waits right in the morning, which means you can just hop from one right to the other, but the lines will build as the day goes on.

EMH wisdom for DCA used to be waiting in standby for RSR first thing, but I haven't done that in a while. That and TSMM tend to be the ones that have long waits, but honestly over there I'm usually more inclined to grab whatever FP looks best and then head over and ride whatever else is in that area. Not the best strategy!

I like trying to grab Space Mountain and Star Tours FPs (followed by Buzz, which is usually practically an immediate FP) so that we can do TL without much backtracking. If you're willing to do a bit of crisscrossing the park, you could probably stack the FPs much more efficiently.

Is there a general strategy for EMH?..

The biggest thing in FL is to not take up
your whole EMH waiting in line for PP...

What smartlabelprint said, plus - the reasoning behind Fantasyland (excluding PP, if you're not one of the first in line so you have a minimal wait) is that all of the Fantasyland rides are slow loaders, short rides, and basically right next to each other. Since they're slow loaders, they'll often have minimal waits right in the morning, which means you can just hop from one right to the other, but the lines will build as the day goes on...
Good advice here. Also, don't waste your EMH/MM on Nemo -- that ride, while charming, is a super slow loader and isn't always open right away.

Good advice here. Also, don't waste your EMH/MM on Nemo -- that ride, while charming, is a super slow loader and isn't always open right away.

Thank you to everyone. Yet again you all are so helpful and just making me even more excited for my first time visiting Walt's park :)

PP isn't a huge deal for us as I have ridden it at MK in WDW plenty of times. I realize there is obviously some nostalgia in riding the original but Alice and Mr Toad are the ones we are more focused on as we don't have those in WDW.

Crisscrossing also is fine by us as we do it all the time in WDW with FP+ especially when getting our 4th+ fastpasses and MP seems a million times easier haha. I am going to miss having rides scheduled ahead of time to an extent as I am a notorious planner with anxiety haha.

A far as DCA goes GOTG and RSR are the two we care about the most. Are those generally doable without a fp during EMH?

Also, in terms of security/bag check etc, are there different entrances for DL? We are staying at VGC so DCA is a no brainer but I wasn't sure about best way to get into DL from there

Thanks again

Try to do PP as your last ride of the night at least once if you don't want to try it during the day. There is something so magical about exiting that ride to a closed park and walking down an almost empty Main Street.
There is a bag check at the Harbor entrance, outside the esplanade. There is one at the GCH entrance to DTD -- NB you only have to go through bag check from the hotel into DTD, not from DTD to the hotel. There is a bag check at the GCH entrance to DCA. There is the DLH bag check at the western end of DTD, by EOS and ESPN Zone. There is a bag check at the DTD parking lot, between the ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe buildings. And there is a bag check on the first level of the M&F parking structure. I think there will be a bag check at the TS lot, but I don't know exactly when that will open. Once you enter the secure zone, you can go to either park or to any shop or restaurant in DTD. You can enter DL through the main gates in the Esplanade or through the monorail entrance at the western end of DTD. (Look on Google Maps to visualize all this so you can get a good idea of the secure zone and where the bag checks and DL entrances are.)

Try to do PP as your last ride of the night at least once if you don't want to try it during the day. There is something so magical about exiting that ride to a closed park and walking down an almost empty Main Street.
There is a bag check at the Harbor entrance, outside the esplanade. There is one at the GCH entrance to DTD -- NB you only have to go through bag check from the hotel into DTD, not from DTD to the hotel. There is a bag check at the GCH entrance to DCA. There is the DLH bag check at the western end of DTD, by EOS and ESPN Zone. There is a bag check at the DTD parking lot, between the ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe buildings. And there is a bag check on the first level of the M&F parking structure. I think there will be a bag check at the TS lot, but I don't know exactly when that will open. Once you enter the secure zone, you can go to either park or to any shop or restaurant in DTD. You can enter DL through the main gates in the Esplanade or through the monorail entrance at the western end of DTD. (Look on Google Maps to visualize all this so you can get a good idea of the secure zone and where the bag checks and DL entrances are.)

The monorail doesn't run during EMH though, correct? So, from VGC the best bet would be to do security leaving the hotel going into DTD and then head to the main entrance through the esplanade?

The monorail doesn't run during EMH though, correct? So, from VGC the best bet would be to do security leaving the hotel going into DTD and then head to the main entrance through the esplanade?
That would be your quickest and most reliable option. (And the monorail entrance is heading the wrong direction for you anyway -- you'd have to turn left once you're in DTD -- just turn right and head for the main gates!) Once you leave the GCH bag check, it should take you just a few minutes to get to the DL gates. If you are a Starbucks fan, place your mobile order for Starbucks Downtown Disney (the main store next to WOD) before you go through bag check and it should be ready for pick up by the time you walk by.

That would be your quickest and most reliable option. (And the monorail entrance is heading the wrong direction for you anyway -- you'd have to turn left once you're in DTD -- just turn right and head for the main gates!) Once you leave the GCH bag check, it should take you just a few minutes to get to the DL gates. If you are a Starbucks fan, place your mobile order for Starbucks Downtown Disney (the main store next to WOD) before you go through bag check and it should be ready for pick up by the time you walk by.

Is there another option for coffee like Joffery's at WDW? Im not a huge Starbucks (East Coaster so Im Dunks or Die) fan but I will need coffee lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter