*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

First of all - yay MaxPass! Today was my first day with it, and I’m in love.

Second - if I cancel a MaxPass, can I immediately make a new one to replace it? Or am I subject to the same waiting period that was already my waiting period before I canceled?

For example:

I make a FP for 8:30-9:30. Then at 8:30, I make another one for 9:30-10:30. If I cancel the second one a couple minutes later, can I make a new one right away? Or do I have to wait until 30 minutes after I made the second one? Or until 9:30?

Same if I’ve stacked up three or four, like for the evening? If I cancel one of them, I can make a new one, no matter what waiting time is in place?

Same if I’ve stacked up three or four, like for the evening? If I cancel one of them, I can make a new one, no matter what waiting time is in place?
You’d have to cancel whichever one is currently incurring your wait. You can’t cancel some random one you booked three hours ago and book a new one. But if you booked one for 4:00 at 2:00, and you cancel that particular one at 2:30, you can get a new one.

In WDW it makes sense to continually check to see if fastpass times open up because people cancel them all the time. Does this happen with MaxPass? In other words, might a ride show no more passes available for the day (or only late slots left remaining) and then suddenly an earlier time slot becomes available?

Yes, I have definitely gotten earllier times than otherwise might have been available for a ride using Maxpass. You have to be quick about it though. If you see that early spot come up, grab it since you can always cancel if you change your mind. Sometimes the time will come up and if I deliberate or hesitate, by the time I hit the accept button, the fastpass has been grabbed by someone else and I'm back looking at later times again.

Yes they sure do! We were eating dinner one night and I pulled up the app for the heck of it and a Haunted Mansion FP popped up for that current time slot! I grabbed it and we finished our dinner and just walked over and got on. :)

Yes, I just scored some great times "refreshing." But it isn't technically refreshing. You have to go out to previous page and hit the park you want FP for. BE AWARE, it is different that WDW's app. On WDW's you can improve your time slot by refreshing. DL's you cannot. You have to go back and cancel what you had, then get the new time (which will inevitably be gone.) So if you want better times, just keep refreshing WITHOUT booking a ride. The most I kept refreshing was maybe 5 minutes until something we wanted popped up with a time that was not more than 20 minutes away from current time.

I hope that made sense. lol

Max Pass times roll forward in time like old fashioned paper FP. So if you are clever about it, you can keep track of the rolling times on popular rides and stack 2-3 for the evening, after taking a break. Also sometimes you look and the standby line is 40 minutes but you can MaxPass onto the FP line almost immediately. It is quite fun to play around with it. I like it a lot.

Edited my statement. I gave incorrect info. :scared:

Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Also want to add, you cannot do the same ride back to back with maxpass. You have to get a different ride before going back to a ride.
That’s not true, but you can’t hold two FPs for the same ride simultaneously. Once you can in for a ride, you can book that same ride, though.

For instance, when the return times are immediate, you can book BTMR, scan in, book it again, and ride it over and over that way... we’ve done it pretty recently.

That’s not true, but you can’t hold two FPs for the same ride simultaneously. Once you can in for a ride, you can book that same ride, though.

For instance, when the return times are immediate, you can book BTMR, scan in, book it again, and ride it over and over that way... we’ve done it pretty recently.

Hmmm, it didn't let me when I was there July 10-13. We were in GOTG, scanned our MP and when in line I tried to get another MP for GOTG. It denied me. I cannot recall verbiage but something to the effect of you cannot book same experience in a row.

Maybe I was just unlucky.

On a related side note about MaxPass (which I love and would never go without it again!) I sure wish when you are checking times for a new MP and a better, sooner, or more convenient time appears for a MP you are already holding...I WISH they would give you the option to book that time you happened to see pop up with a "ok, if you press go on this the other one disappears, etc" because as previously stated, if you jump out to cancel your current MP and hop back in...BOOM, two hours later...lol

Honestly, this is the only thing I wish they would tweak. Allow a (book this, cancel this?) option and there would be almost no limit to what I would pay for that convenience. Kiddos at the park are just too unpredictable sometimes! :yay::faint: in this order!!

Hmmm, it didn't let me when I was there July 10-13. We were in GOTG, scanned our MP and when in line I tried to get another MP for GOTG. It denied me. I cannot recall verbiage but something to the effect of you cannot book same experience in a row.

Maybe I was just unlucky.
It probably didn’t register that you’d scanned in and was giving you the message saying you already had a GOTG FP. When that happens, I close the app and restart it, and then it lets me. We just booked TSMM while in line after redeeming our FP three days ago, so it hasn’t changed.

On a related side note about MaxPass (which I love and would never go without it again!) I sure wish when you are checking times for a new MP and a better, sooner, or more convenient time appears for a MP you are already holding...I WISH they would give you the option to book that time you happened to see pop up with a "ok, if you press go on this the other one disappears, etc" because as previously stated, if you jump out to cancel your current MP and hop back in...BOOM, two hours later...lol

Honestly, this is the only thing I wish they would tweak. Allow a (book this, cancel this?) option and there would be almost no limit to what I would pay for that convenience. Kiddos at the park are just too unpredictable sometimes! :yay::faint: in this order!!
I’m hoping they implement this at some point - it’s recent that you can even see return times without being eligible to book, so they’re moving that direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter