*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

It probably didn’t register that you’d scanned in and was giving you the message saying you already had a GOTG FP. When that happens, I close the app and restart it, and then it lets me. We just booked TSMM while in line after redeeming our FP three days ago, so it hasn’t changed.

Good to know, thank you! And sorry for the misinformation up above, I'll edit that I was incorrect.

I've never used Maxpass. I've tried to search and I've watched a few videos and I need to ask a question.

What if you don't like the time that they offer you? Can you search for a later time for a particular ride? If the app says you can choose a maxpass for Big Thunder Mountain for 6:15 is there a way to choose a different time on the app?

Do the same rules apply as WDW? Can I show up about 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after window?

Sorry if this has been discussed.

No, MaxPass is just digital FastPass basically. You take the time they offer or wait for time to pass so they offer later time or, if you want an earlier time, wiat for a cancellation.

I would NOT take chances by being 15 minutes late. I was 5 minutes late for a MP and it was fine but it then disappeared 5 minutes after scanned (so disappeared after 10 minutes). Better just to be on time.

Maxpass doesn't allow you to search and select times. What is available now is what you can get. If you want/need a later time you'll need to wait until that time comes up.

I can't remember about grace times.

I think you get a 15 minute grace period and can still use your pass. You can also arrive 5 minutes early. But no more than that.

When I am looking for a particular time for a fp on MaxPass, I just wait for it to get in the zone of times I want and keep looking until I can grab it. It’s pretty easy to do quickly, while your in line for other things, eating lunch, etc.

I think you get a 15 minute grace period and can still use your pass. You can also arrive 5 minutes early. But no more than that.

When I am looking for a particular time for a fp on MaxPass, I just wait for it to get in the zone of times I want and keep looking until I can grab it. It’s pretty easy to do quickly, while your in line for other things, eating lunch, etc.
Oops you’re not your!

@cinnaminny I will say as a WDWer the MaxPass takes a bit getting used to, but being able to manage things on your phone is great once you get used to it.

A few tips, try to time a meal around the time you need to wait your 90min. Set a timer to remind you, I set it about 85 minutes. Our first couple of days in the parks was slow, so the value was questionable but still very helpful and we were able to avoid crossing the park.

Once you are ready to scan, bring up the FastPass, if you have several linked to your phone, then insert the phone and swipe, the reader will acknowledge each new pass with a chime. It's less hassle and speeds you through the process.

As soon as you've scanned start searching for your next ride!

Some rides like Radiator Springs and Guardians can sell out early, just keep an eye on their return times.

Have fun!

So I was totally shocked on Thursday that we were able to book new FPs on MaxPass after 30 minutes! We were only able to do this for a few hours in the middle of the day (around 11 to 4 or so?) but it helped us out quite a bit!

Even with a less crowded park, MaxPass helped us out a LOT. We were able to use it on Toy Story twice in about an hour and a half thanks to a rainy morning on Thursday (which also helped us from needing it for Grizzly... why does no one go on that in the rain?!) and booked all our big rides via FP all day. It's so worth the money. DCA sold out pretty early that day but was still able to nab an Incredicoaster for the night time, which was fantastic.

First go-around with using MaxPass next month. No matter how many times I read the various how-to’s, it’s still confusing me. Hoping after an hour of so of utilizing it in park, will find it easier to figure out.

I just bought my tix, with max pass added, from UT. My understanding is that their confirming email will have e-ticket info I can add to my DL account on the app. I think

My DiL is buying her and my GD tix separately from UT. She doesn’t have the DL app downloaded yet, but is very techie and I figure she’ll do a better job than me picking selections in the park.

Should I add my tix info to my DL account, or will this prevent my DiL from then managing all our max passes?

Once she gets thing loaded into her account, can I also set up the same group of the 3 of us on my app? Intent not to get extra maxpasses, just to be able to also do selections if needed.

You are correct about your UT tickets. Just scan into the app. When they scan your app (or a printout of your ticket, up to you) at the gate they will give you the cardstock ticket that you can use for old school FP as well as to scan in for FP or MP returns at the attraction (instead of fumbling with the phone and app to scan in).

Perhaps this will help- MP is tied to the TICKET. So it does not matter if that ticket is scanned into one phone/app or 10 the MP and any MP bookings associated with that ticket will appear in all places. So you and your DIL can both scan in everyones tickets into your respective apps and then either of you can manage the MP selections. Please note that rules about how quickly you can book another MP are also associated with the ticket. So if DIL just booked everyone a MP for RSR you won't be able to book a different MP on your phone just because you also have the ticket scanned in. But you WILL see the RSR FP she booked in your app as well.

@keishashadow I think @pharmama did a great job. The plus to having a few people manage your MaxPass is the app will suck your battery dry, so you want to have a back up person. When booking a FP through it you can deselect people that might not want to be on that ride, then you can make another selection for a different ride for those people that were not on the previous fast pass. In our case our son wanted to keep doing roller coaster rides and my wife wanted to do Fantasyland rides, worked out great. The other thing to know/learn is once you pull up the first fast pass and you insert your phone in the reader, you can leave it in the reader and just swipe. Each new barcode will be read and chime, so you don't need to pull out the phone and swipe and reinsert. This will save you some time and hassle.

So we are flying into la and are expected to land at 12:20, I figure we may be in the parks by 2 or 3? (Earlier if we can). If we get in at that time is max pass still worth it for the day? We have another 3 days after this arrival day.

So we are flying into la and are expected to land at 12:20, I figure we may be in the parks by 2 or 3? (Earlier if we can). If we get in at that time is max pass still worth it for the day? We have another 3 days after this arrival day.
It can be worth it, but it may not be necessary -- it depends on the park conditions on your arrival day and how long you plan to stay in the parks. Be watching the DLR app before you get to the parks. See what the wait times are and the FP availability for the rides that interest you. If the wait times look reasonable, maybe you won't need MP, given that you will still have several more days. (And remember that not all rides at DLR are on the FP/MP system -- so, unlike WDW, having MP won't give you access to all rides anyway.) If there is still FP availability with return times that work for you when you arrive at the gates, go ahead an purchase MP -- and start booking those FPs! And if you only want ride photos and PP, buy MP for only one in your group (yourself?) just for that perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter