Maxpass Included on 3rd Party Tickets

That’s interesting and good to know!

Though I am to scared to buy my tickets from a 3 party seller... it is just to much money to loose it just for a small discount...:confused3

There are several resellers that are very reputable. The savings aren't such a big deal on a ticket or 2, but if you're buying for a larger family, the savings add up!

I need just 3 tickets and yes I know there are resellers that others here in DIS use regularly but still...I am really chicken-hearted...not being able to include maxpass with 3 rd party tickets prior to use was a welcome excuse...:blush:

I like this because it helps with the ticket cost but also pre purchasing Maxpass locks you into the current price of Maxpass in case there is another increase in price before your next trip. This is of course if you plan on getting Maxpass everyday of your trip.

Would pre-purchasing Maxpass from a 3rd party allow you to not have to scan your tickets every dat after entering the park? It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't worth the few measly bucks I saved by buying from a 3rd party.

Would pre-purchasing Maxpass from a 3rd party allow you to not have to scan your tickets every dat after entering the park? It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't worth the few measly bucks I saved by buying from a 3rd party.
You would scan your tickets into the app before you get to the park. Once your ticket is activated at the turnstiles, you can immediately begin booking with maxpass. It just saves you the step of purchasing maxpass daily.

Thank you for posting this! I was going to buy tickets for my upcoming trip in May, but now I will wait to see what their pricing is on these tickets than include MaxPass.

I need just 3 tickets and yes I know there are resellers that others here in DIS use regularly but still...I am really chicken-hearted...not being able to include maxpass with 3 rd party tickets prior to use was a welcome excuse...:blush:

Some of those that DISers use are even authorized ticket re-sellers by Disney. I know UT is and I believe Last Min Travel is as well, not sure on some of the others. A place that is authorized isn't going to risk screwing that relationship up with Disney.

Why would you have to scan your tickets again after entering the park everyday for Maxpass? Were they multi-day tickets?

I got my multi-day tickets though LMT and added them to the Disney app before our first day. Once we were in the park to buy Maxpass I would go on the app and enter the CVC code from my credit card to purchase it. No need to scan anything again.

Why would you have to scan your tickets again after entering the park everyday for Maxpass? Were they multi-day tickets?

I got my multi-day tickets though LMT and added them to the Disney app before our first day. Once we were in the park to buy Maxpass I would go on the app and enter the CVC code from my credit card to purchase it. No need to scan anything again.

I had to purchase Maxpass for each of us on a daily basis. This required me to scan the tickets each day too after entering the park. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist. I think it has to do with differences between UT and LMT tickets. I didn't quite realize at the time I bought them that this is what I would have to do. It wasn't a huge deal, but I didn't really save much on the tickets. If I can't pre-purchase Maxpass next time, I will probably just buy directly from Disney.

I was looking today and Undercover Tourist is selling tickets with Max Pass on them. Although they don't have the special tickets with them I would definitely look to buying from them going forward since I have only been buying from Disney direct to have the max pass on them right away.

Some of those that DISers use are even authorized ticket re-sellers by Disney. I know UT is and I believe Last Min Travel is as well, not sure on some of the others. A place that is authorized isn't going to risk screwing that relationship up with Disney.

I think Last Min Travel is authorized as well. A few times that I’ve bought tickets from them the DLH has been able to just print them off for me (instead of going to the gate with the email) with just a confirmation code. I don’t think they can do this if they aren’t authorized

I think Last Min Travel is authorized as well. A few times that I’ve bought tickets from them the DLH has been able to just print them off for me (instead of going to the gate with the email) with just a confirmation code. I don’t think they can do this if they aren’t authorized

At one point I thought it said it on LMT's website but couldn't remember seeing the authorized designation the last time I was on it so I wasn't sure if it still was. I have a feeling it still is.

I had to purchase Maxpass for each of us on a daily basis. This required me to scan the tickets each day too after entering the park. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist. I think it has to do with differences between UT and LMT tickets. I didn't quite realize at the time I bought them that this is what I would have to do. It wasn't a huge deal, but I didn't really save much on the tickets. If I can't pre-purchase Maxpass next time, I will probably just buy directly from Disney.

I'm really confused. Are you saying you had to scan the ticket into the app again daily after scanning in at the turnstiles? You only should have needed to do that if you didn't have multi day tickets.

That sounds like an app glitch to me. I had experienced something like that a few times where my AP didn't always show up. But a quick refresh brought it back. Would happen sometimes when booking a FP via MP too (would tell me to link a ticket).

If one outfit has access I would expect the others to as well. Disney has never released any special tickets to only one agency/wholesaler before.
I was just checking the websites for LMT, Undercover Tourist and GetAwayToday. UCT and GAT are selling the parkhoppers with MaxPass; LMT is not as of yet. However, LMT beats the other two for base ticket prices by quite a margin. I was looking at 4 day parkhoppers without MaxPass; the cost was LMT: $336.86, UCT $350.95, and GAT $375.00

I'm really confused. Are you saying you had to scan the ticket into the app again daily after scanning in at the turnstiles? You only should have needed to do that if you didn't have multi day tickets.

That sounds like an app glitch to me. I had experienced something like that a few times where my AP didn't always show up. But a quick refresh brought it back. Would happen sometimes when booking a FP via MP too (would tell me to link a ticket).

I had to purchase Maxpass each day of our trip. We had multiday tickets that were not purchased from Disney. Everytime bought Maxpass, I had to scan the tickets with my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter