MAY 2017

Just booked May 20-27 at Pop. Usually go in September. Going with my niece on this trip. Should be fun! :cheer2:

We are booked May 13-17 at the CR and then May 17-21 at the Grand Floridian! We originally were planning for late September for a surprise trip for DD's 10th birthday. My oldest DD26 told us a few weeks ago that she is expecting her 2nd baby in September so we moved our trip to May and it will still be a complete surprise to DD9 :) Celebrating her birthday a few months early :) :) I am so excited to get there and it is soooo hard to keep it a secret, but hopefully we will be able to!!

It's been years since my last trip to WDW, and the planning side is all new to me. I grew up in FL with annual passes, so never bothered planning. However, this will be my niece's first trip (and probably only during her childhood). We're booked for first week of May at POP, and I'm now working on figuring out the details of which park on which day. Nobody seems to agree on EMH and whether to use or avoid, and so many of the comments about them make me think most people are talking about their impact on crowds during peak season. For those who've been in early May, thoughts on EMH and whether to use or avoid? We'll have 3 veteran Disney goers that haven't been in over 10 yrs (1 went in 2009 for 1 day at MK with zero planning), and 1 first time 9yr old.

April 29-May 12 Pop Century
May 12-14 Grand Floridian Club level (a first for us)
Also gonna do Dapper days on the 30th we are pretty excited :)

It's been years since my last trip to WDW, and the planning side is all new to me. I grew up in FL with annual passes, so never bothered planning. However, this will be my niece's first trip (and probably only during her childhood). We're booked for first week of May at POP, and I'm now working on figuring out the details of which park on which day. Nobody seems to agree on EMH and whether to use or avoid, and so many of the comments about them make me think most people are talking about their impact on crowds during peak season. For those who've been in early May, thoughts on EMH and whether to use or avoid? We'll have 3 veteran Disney goers that haven't been in over 10 yrs (1 went in 2009 for 1 day at MK with zero planning), and 1 first time 9yr old.
I really can't help with first week in May; we did go the 2nd week in May in 2013 and crowds were great. As far as EMH we rarely use it anymore, although will occasionally do PM EMH. However IMO and through research over the last quite a few years, doing morning EMH isn't a BAD thing; it's just that after EMH is over that park tends to be crowded becuase in addition to the people coming in who didn't do EMH, the people who DID do it will stay. Similar for evening EMH you'll have people do that park simply because of EMH, making it more crowded if I'm making any sense. Finally FWIW I've followed Josh over at easywdw whenever I want to use a crowd calendar, and he suggests not going to the EMH park.

Booked a last minute trip for my birthday. April 30th - May 4th! I was planning on going in September or October this year like usual, but I convinced the hubby to let me go for my birthday as well this year.

Staying at CSR May 8-May 15, so excited for this trip!! Can't wait to try the food booths at F&G.

Staying May 6-8 GF CL, May 8 to 19 BRV, and May 19 to 21 WL CL

Last edited:
We are going May 6-16, staying at POR. This is our first stay at POR. We switched from CBR because of all the construction going on. CBR is our favorite resort but this will give us a chance to try a different place.

Hello!

Boyfriend and I are visiting May 15-19 :) It'll be our FIRST TIME in Walt Disney World so we are super excited! We are staying offsite for the first 2 days and the 2 days at POR :) Hopefully crowds will be manageable and also that the weather will be great. We're from Canada so we're looking forward to enjoying some summer weather a little early!

Any tips for first-timers? Particularly for a young couple in their 20's visiting for the first time? :)

-Racine

For anyone who will be there on May 12th, you will have an opportunity to witness "Happily Ever After" at the Magic Kingdom on its premier night. This is the show that is replacing "Wishes."

My family is excited since this will be our last night there so we get to witness history!!!!!!

Hello!

Boyfriend and I are visiting May 15-19 :) It'll be our FIRST TIME in Walt Disney World so we are super excited! We are staying offsite for the first 2 days and the 2 days at POR :) Hopefully crowds will be manageable and also that the weather will be great. We're from Canada so we're looking forward to enjoying some summer weather a little early!

Any tips for first-timers? Particularly for a young couple in their 20's visiting for the first time? :)

-Racine

Early welcome to America! Don't forget to head over to "Canada" at the World Showcase at Epcot! Lol

My kids are so excited and they've asked that we go MK on 5/10 for EMH, the 11th for the final Wishes :( and the 12th for the debut of Happily Ever After. Do you think we'll be sick of MK by then - nah!

Hello!

-Racine

You'll love POR! We stayed there in 2013 and are staying there again this visit. Check out Yee-Haw Bob in the River Roost Lounge. During our trip he's scheduled for 8:30PM, but I don't know if his schedule changes. You'll have a great time no matter what you do while at Disney!!!

Count us in - May 26-30. Excited to make the last weekend of F&G as well as opening day of Pandora!

This will also be our first stay at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!