May 2018 car rental watch

A midsize car from May 4-10 for $157. I used the AS1 product code, which only seems to work at alamo.ca and the free upgrade coupon code from Costco.

Has anyone ever used EZ Car Rental? We can book a small SUV for $220 total for six days in May but I've never used them. That does not include extra drivers. I've never heard of them until a co-worker told me they use them. They were happy, but I'm still a little leery. I'd like to find something around $200 (including extra drivers). Any thoughts?

A midsize car from May 4-10 for $157. I used the AS1 product code, which only seems to work at alamo.ca and the free upgrade coupon code from Costco.

I was able to save about $123.00 over my original Alamo rate using alamo.ca. It even let me sign in under my Alamo Insider membership and kept the same lower rate. Does anyone have an educated guess as to whether this could be an issue?

I was able to save about $123.00 over my original Alamo rate using alamo.ca. It even let me sign in under my Alamo Insider membership and kept the same lower rate. Does anyone have an educated guess as to whether this could be an issue?
Okay, so I just tried logging in under the alamo.ca and got a much cheaper rate than what we currently have booked through Alamo.com using the discount code mentioned above. However, I noticed once I clicked to finalize, that my estimated total was $184.76 and then there was a larger total underneath: Approx ($238.34 CAD). So am I going to be charged $238.34? What does CAD mean in this instance? Is that just the Canadian conversion of $184.76?

Last edited:
Okay, so I just tried logging in under the alamo.ca and got a much cheaper rate than what we currently have booked through Alamo.com using the discount code mentioned above. However, I noticed once I clicked to finalize, that my estimated total was $184.76 and then there was a larger total underneath: Approx ($238.34 CAD). So am I going to be charged $238.34? What does CAD mean in this instance? Is that just the Canadian conversion of $184.76?

I noticed that too after posting my question. And yes, that is the current estimated canadian conversion cost. I'm not going to risk it. While I love the lower rate, I don't want the pressure of wondering if it will be honored.

Best Alamo codes I've heard people talking about continue to be:

coupon $30 off AD2365FDN
contract code LACDISC

Also wonder exactly what these require for using them...please?

From googling around it seems to be a Latin America discount. Thus the LA in front but that is not from any certainty.

The coupon is for members of AOPA. The discount is for Latin American residents visiting the US.

I believe it's an aircraft owners association in the USA - but you don't have to be a card carrying member to use the discount. I've never known anyone to have a problem with it.

Pretty sure AS1 is only for our friends in the great white north of Canada, eh.

Last edited:
Alamo thru Costcotravel.com seems to be going down. We are going 5/6 - 5/12. Currently just by going directly through Costcotravel.com (so it puts in any applicable codes), I can get a mid size SUV for $254 or SUV for $298. Today I pre-paid through Dollar.com for a mini van at about $252 for the week which is by far the best I've found. As far as I can tell, as long as I cancel before 48 hours before pick up, I should be able to get a full refund. I prefer Alamo, so I'm hoping their prices continue to fall.

Keep checking daily!

I noticed that too after posting my question. And yes, that is the current estimated canadian conversion cost. I'm not going to risk it. While I love the lower rate, I don't want the pressure of wondering if it will be honored.

I agree. I searched Mousesavers and got a pretty descent rate using the code for Orlando Magicard (which I downloaded and printed). The Contract ID Code is 7016220.

I just prepaid for Dollar 5/5 - 5/14 $217.36 (City Special). You can cancel up to 48 hours before and not be charged. So far this is the best deal I have found. I will keep looking - last year I was able to get a car for $148 for 10 days. Hopefully the rates will continue to drop.

Has anyone had their prices drop any? I keep checking Alamo and it looks the $261.78 for an standard I booked for 5/15-5/22 is the best I can get. I don't think I "need" a car that bad. I usually go in October and have paid no more than $134.

Dropped a little one day last week or maybe the week before for us but went back up the next day. I was hoping for a trend when we caught the drop. Our date is 24-MAY to 2-JUN. Looking for a van and the prices are nuts.

I have a compact booked for 4/29 to 5/9 for $291. I used a $25 coupon ( AD2823JAZ) and BJ's code (7014696). I booked this last summer and through all the months of checking have found nothing better with Alamo. This is the very most I have ever paid for a rental...usually comes in well under $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter