May 2018 car rental watch

when you have rented thru Costco, have they asked for your card at the booth? I hate to have to carry another card with me but if I have to I will.
thanks

Not sure if they ask at the counter because I never go to the counter. If you do "Online Check-In" and "Skip The Counter" you can go straight to your car and the only person you see on the way out is the gate attendant. All they want is your drivers license, credit card you made the reservation with, and your "skip the counter" document. They don't care about proof of affiliations.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Thanks Bullseye, already did the online check in plus my husband has the Gold Premier membership. I may throw it in my wallet just in case.

I've been using Contract ID 7016220 (visit orlando) and Coupon Code AD2365FDN. The price for our Economy sized rental with Alamo for 10 days has gone from $336.50 on 2/17 to $245.12 this morning. Hooray! :) I'm crossing my fingers for a couple more drops over the next two weeks...it would sure be nice to get closer to the $200 mark.

And now down to $234.36! Just since this morning...so if you haven't checked this evening, try again just in case! :) And good luck!

Was originally booking a round trip car rental from WDW to the Port and just paying parking for my 3 night cruise. But, missed my window and that got too expensive. Tonight, with some codes above, I got a cheap 24 hour one way rental before the cruise and returning at the port. On the way home after the cruise should I pay a little more and get a 24 hour rental back to disney and have the car for another day. Or, just get an uber after the cruise back to Copper Creek? It's less than $15 more for the car rental, but which is easier?? Thank you!

Was originally booking a round trip car rental from WDW to the Port and just paying parking for my 3 night cruise. But, missed my window and that got too expensive. Tonight, with some codes above, I got a cheap 24 hour one way rental before the cruise and returning at the port. On the way home after the cruise should I pay a little more and get a 24 hour rental back to disney and have the car for another day. Or, just get an uber after the cruise back to Copper Creek? It's less than $15 more for the car rental, but which is easier?? Thank you!

I’d surely pick up a rental. An option is to book a cheap shuttle or uber to MCO, then either pick up a rental there.

You also have the option of using ME to the resorts (make up an incoming flight time).

A rental car from MCO is effective when wanting a vehicle for several days during your trip as long as the pricing differential is substantially lower there vs Cape Canaveral.

Lastly, keep checking right up until your trip. You might want to try autoslash to set an alert for the original rental you wanted and the current one you hold.

My rental from May 15-23 is down another $10 from $204 to $194 with Costco and Alamo for an intermediate SUV. I also have a standard suv reserved for $240. I’m hoping a bigger suv or van drops in price but if not we will smoosh in the intermediate ;0)

Last edited:
Rebooked our standard suv with Alamo through Costco for the same price we had but now they’re offering a $20 gift card. So May 5-15 for $265 plus $20 gift card. I’m pretty happy with that.

Thank goodness for this forum. I originally booked our standard SUV in February for $663. I just re-booked last night at the discount code posted by @Cirlonde and my new total is $346. That's a difference of $317 freaking dollars!! I will be happy to use that new found money towards food. :)

I did pre-pay my parking so I am going to have to pay $50 to cancel that original reservation (which still leaves $267 in my pocket).

Thank goodness for this forum. I originally booked our standard SUV in February for $663. I just re-booked last night at the discount code posted by @Cirlonde and my new total is $346. That's a difference of $317 freaking dollars!! I will be happy to use that new found money towards food. :)

I did pre-pay my parking so I am going to have to pay $50 to cancel that original reservation (which still leaves $267 in my pocket).

That's awesome!!! :cloud9: You probably won't need it (especially if you do skip the counter) but just in case...here's a copy of the free discount card that goes with that code: http://www.visitorlando.com/includes/content/images/media/docs/Magicard_DOM.pdf. I have never been asked for it, but I keep a digital copy handy just in case!

Just FYI- Costco rental car prices went down again for MCO PLUS there's a FREE $20 Costco gift card for Full-size rentals and higher

Thanks Bullseye, already did the online check in plus my husband has the Gold Premier membership. I may throw it in my wallet just in case.
Just know... you have to do the "skip the Counter" in addition to the "Online Check-in" if you want to go straight to the car. If you arrive at the exit gate without the "Skip the Counter" document, they get a annoyed. I know this from experience. I didn't realize the difference between the two so I did online check in only several years back. Happy Motoring canary! :car:

Does anyone know if you can do the skip the counter with Alamo using the Costco rental with the additional driver?

Does anyone know if you can do the skip the counter with Alamo using the Costco rental with the additional driver?
When I tried that code, yes. You go through the whole process and after check in, there's a link to skip the counter.

When I tried that code, yes. You go through the whole process and after check in, there's a link to skip the counter.
Thanks. I wasn't sure how that would work since they other driver usually has to show their license as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts