May 2018 car rental watch

do they check coupon codes. i never been asked about the discounts when i pick the car up. are they getting more strict
I have never had them check coupons but I noticed on a different month's rental car thread that someone was worried so I figured I would look into the coupon. I didn't even know where it came from, lol, just that it worked!

My coupon codes weren't questioned either. Got a Minivan in the Full Size aisle last week, still driving it. Beep Beep!

So I have a question for you all who might be more experienced. My brother is joining us midway through and is renting a car from Dollar at MCO. He said he got manager's special, what exactly does that mean? I think he was just going for the lowest price thing to save money (which I don't blame him). I'm a little concerned he's going to end up with something like the smallest car on the lot. Any idea on how this works?

So I have a question for you all who might be more experienced. My brother is joining us midway through and is renting a car from Dollar at MCO. He said he got manager's special, what exactly does that mean? I think he was just going for the lowest price thing to save money (which I don't blame him). I'm a little concerned he's going to end up with something like the smallest car on the lot. Any idea on how this works?

It will be a 4 door compact car or larger. Usually when you pick up at a Choice location (MCO) they will tell you to pick any vehicle from a specific aisle. So it might be from the compact aisle or the full size aisle etc. - just depends on what they have available.

It will be a 4 door compact car or larger. Usually when you pick up at a Choice location (MCO) they will tell you to pick any vehicle from a specific aisle. So it might be from the compact aisle or the full size aisle etc. - just depends on what they have available.

Ok thank you. He's a big and tall guy, hopefully they'll be able to find him something that'll work.

Finally seeing a little downward movement on my rental. Alamo: 5/19 - 5/29 [11 day rental] @ $238. total for standard vehicle; Costco discount and AD2365FDN coupon. Last year I had a 12 day rental @ $218. for a premium vehicle, but I'm pretty pleased with this rate for 2018.

For USAA members--Booked through USAA website including selection of option to add free-day-with-weekly-rental coupon. Full-size, 9 days, May 24-June 2 for $169 with Hertz.

ETA: I checked this again a little later after reserving at $169 and the price has jumped back up to $260. And went back down again a day or two later...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!