May 2018 Pre Trip and Trip Report

We'll be attempting our first camping trip on May 16. We'll just be there for 1 night but are really looking forward to it. Set up our tent last Saturday to make sure we knew what we were doing. It was pretty easy and should only take about 10 minutes to set up. We also sealed the seams and sprayed waterproofing on it. We're looking forward to the pool and TE breakfast.

May is getting closer and closer. Unfortunately, our glamping adventure isn't until the last week of May. So, it's about as far out as possible while still in May.

Hi All,

Our first camping trip to the Fort is coming up May 8-14. We have stayed at a few Disney properties over the years (POR, Poly, AKL), but this will be our first time at Ft. Wilderness. Our son is almost 3, and we’re looking forward to making his first camping experience a little magical, plus we’re celebrating our baby on the way. We’re serving abroad, and dying for a taste of the US. It’s our 1st time using Airbnb for an RV rental, but the people regularly setup for families at Ft. Wilderness, so we feel pretty confident. We recently did a park focused Disney trip over Christmas time, so this trip will really be about enjoying the outdoors.

5/8 - check-in, grill dinner at site
5/9 - Canoe ride, and bike rental. Dinner offsite at Giordano's. (Sorry not sorry, we’re Chicagoans that miss our deep dish)
5/10 - MK day. Dinner @ The Plaza
5/11 - Pool Day. Dinner @ Sanaa
5/12 - Disney Springs. Chip N Dale Singalong. *Dinner undecided*
5/13 - Pony ride or hayride or both! Dinner @ Trails End
5/14 - Leave bright and early

I can’t imagine taking a bus to the counter service for breakfast in the mornings, sounds like a pain. Does anyone ever drive over to another resort for breakfast? Will they let us park at a different resort for breakfast without an ADR?

Thanks and any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :)

Leaving Louisiana in twenty five day's and we are getting the camper ready. I have a new F-250 with the diesel in it and am looking forward to the drive. The wife has already got the chalk for the fort site. Come on May.

Got to ask: what does the wife use the chalk for?

We're leaving northeastern PA next week. We'll spend 3 nights at Assateague Island National Seashore, then a night on the road somewhere in SC, then 3 nights in St Augustine, then 6 nights at the Fort. Planning 2 days at Epcot for F&G and 2 days at AK, just because we we like it. On the way home we plan to stop in VA to visit Monticello.

We're leaving northeastern PA next week. We'll spend 3 nights at Assateague Island National Seashore, then a night on the road somewhere in SC, then 3 nights in St Augustine, then 6 nights at the Fort. Planning 2 days at Epcot for F&G and 2 days at AK, just because we we like it. On the way home we plan to stop in VA to visit Monticello.

Leaving NEPA next week, but it just warmed up. Enjoy, sounds like a nice trip. We used to live in Tobyhanna, now outside of Harrisburg.

Totally jealous, maybe I'll need to hide in the camper. What a great trip

Dinner offsite at Giordano's.

We never go to Disney without at least one trip to Giordano's. Even had the opportunity to eat at Giordano's in Chicago not to long ago. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We also like to take in an offsite dinner at Miller's Orlando Ale House.

Have a great time at the Fort!!
Steve

Not much happening here in the May report. I sure hope Disney and the Fort didn't close o_O Or is it that everybody is having so much fun that you don't have the time to report :D

We will be there 18-20. We plan on Epcot on Saturday and HS on Sunday but I hope to arrive early afternoon Friday to enjoy the Fort a little. The Flower and Garden festival is my favorite event at Epcot and we are all excited to eat and drink.
It will be the 6 of us plus my sons friend. When one of their girl friends heard about the boys going, her mom planned a surprise trip for her. So now it was 9 of us. Then, my niece heard we were going AND her friend was going. So now we are a group of 13. Everyone gave me their passwords and we’ve got FP for Soarin, Land, and characters all together. I’m not a huge fan of such a big group but as long as they don’t mess with the eating and drinking around the world, we’re all good.

We stayed at the CBR a couple months ago for two nights. It was just a short stay before a cruise out of Port Canaveral . Went to the flower and Garden festival and had a good time. Can't believe that we have never been there during the flower and Garden festival. We have been going to Disney world since 1976 about every two years. We have been to the food and wine festival a bunch of times and have always enjoyed that. Looking forward to our Fort adventure the end of the month.

Hi, can someone there post the May movie calendar? Wondering what’s showing on May 18.

Hope everyone is having a great time!

Amcc Someone on Disney Mouse Campers on Facebook has Moana listed for the 18th Hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter