May 2018 Pre Trip and Trip Report

Hang in there you two. The last week is the hardest.

Have a great time and jump in here when you can and post some updates. We love to hear what everyone else is doing on their trips. Pics are good too!

j

I'd love to see pics of everyone's campsites! We are coming in June for our first trip to FW. 17th-23rd... and can't wait. I would love to live a little thru ya'll and see campsites!

What a awesome weather forecast. We are leaving Thursday From Louisiana, Stopping in Tallahassee for the night then Heading to the fort Friday Morning. Looking like we will be in tropical weather for the night. Plans Might change a little. Contemplating on Just driving straight through,,,,, Who else will be on the road this weekend??

I'd love to see pics of everyone's campsites! We are coming in June for our first trip to FW. 17th-23rd... and can't wait. I would love to live a little thru ya'll and see campsites!
There is a picture links thread which has a link to "post a picture of your campsite" thread. You will find lots of photos of site there.

Heading up and hoping the weather holds up at least to let us set up. We are ready for wet and soggy days at Epcot and HS but hoping for clear skies. Plans for the afternoon are a drink on the porch, boat over to Magic Kingdom to get our Florida resident passes activated, and takeout or the food truck for dinner.

Weather just fine. Our near perfect streak of Loop 2000 continues (we’ve always asked at check in for 1500, never seems to be available) although it’s almost completely empty. We are, of course, as far from a bathroom as we can be :rolleyes: but for the first time, we rented a golf cart!!!

Plans for the afternoon are a drink on the porch, boat over to Magic Kingdom to get our Florida resident passes activated, and takeout or the food truck for dinner.

Local brag... :rolleyes:

ill_allow_it_community_zpsi2juwcdg.GIF

We are, of course, as far from a bathroom as we can be :rolleyes: but for the first time, we rented a golf cart!!!

Whoa, steady there Allie. Oh sure, you got a golf cart now, next you and U. will be attending the RV shows to just "look" at a Travel Trailer.

<jk>

Have fun!

Bama Ed

Heading up and hoping the weather holds up at least to let us set up. We are ready for wet and soggy days at Epcot and HS but hoping for clear skies. Plans for the afternoon are a drink on the porch, boat over to Magic Kingdom to get our Florida resident passes activated, and takeout or the food truck for dinner.
Libations on the veranda and up scale dining Catered by Either P&J's or the food truck Sounds too fancy for the likes of me.

Despite the forecast, Friday afternoon was great. We hung out at the pool, went over to MK guest relations and looped around in the golf cart. By dinner time, it was raining and it was a feat protecting the chicken while driving back in a downpour. We were so hungry, we ordered 3 8-piece meals, sonour neighbors ended up with a whole box and a full tub of mashed potatoes. That stuff is too good to waste.

Yesterday at Epcot was a soggy adventure. We all had rain gear and flip flops but they shut down the food kiosks most of the afternoon which was our main reason for being there. By 9am, the line for test track was 90 minutes. We had a good time with my brother and friends but everyone looks the same with ponchos or rain jackets - this mom was confused!!!

Another trip packing up in the rain. Each time it happens, my husband swears off camping :eek::eek: It didn’t help that our transmission went kaput last night (no fluid, so back on the road, but will have to get that fixed). We were thisclose to just heading home but decided to just use our HS fastpasses. It didn’t rain!!! I hadn’t been there in 4 years and I still find it a half day park but Tower of Terror is a feat of theming and it was fun to see my 6 year old enjoy it.

As for the Fort, the pool needs more umbrellas, the takeout is THE best food deal on property, the transportation was much more consistent, and it’s still the best place to stay. We will be back in 3 weeks to finish up the tickets and praying for no rain. My husband threw around the word “hotel” but what are the 6 of us supposed to do locked in a little room? I will convince him to take the popup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter