May 2020 Car Rental Watch

Just an observation but my rate shot up to $401 today. Is it too optimistic of me to think that they’re expecting to be open to raise the price back up?
Mine shot up quite a bit today also and that was the first thing that crossed my mind. Maybe there's some optimism that things will be open again by mid May!

Mine shot up quite a bit today also and that was the first thing that crossed my mind. Maybe there's some optimism that things will be open again by mid May!
I really think the April 19 day Universal stated will be the day. Things are starting to slow down and by then we'll see a visible difference. They can't wait til there is no virus because then they'd be closed forever.

I really think the April 19 day Universal stated will be the day. Things are starting to slow down and by then we'll see a visible difference. They can't wait til there is no virus because then they'd be closed forever.

I posted this over on the SeaWorld board as well, but Discovery Cove is blocked out to new reservations until May 18th. They've made no official announcement yet, but I wonder if that's their current target?

I posted this over on the SeaWorld board as well, but Discovery Cove is blocked out to new reservations until May 18th. They've made no official announcement yet, but I wonder if that's their current target?
yikes. I would think maybe they wouldn't open that until after Sea World is open. I feel awful for Sea World. I don't know if they'll be able to survive much longer of a closure. (

Sadly I have a very different experience. It could just be living in NY, but we're starting to see hundreds of people dying a day 😢 and our estimated peak is not for another 4-6 weeks. Yes NY is the epicenter currently, but other hot spots will show up all over the country, over the next few weeks.

My mini van rental (5/16 - 5/23) dropped to $249 today with a $30 Costco cash card through Budget. Not holding my breath we'll actually be able to take the trip but thrilled to get that rate just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!