** May 2020 Check In **

I know it is silly, as I sit here so disappointed and not wanting to cry, but please take us off for May šŸ˜” Even if the park was to be opened by then, both DH and I decided that we didn't feel comfortable going with the little one and her kidney issues. I am sending prayers for everyone here to stay safe and most of all healthy.
I'm so sorry this has been such a difficult decision for you. Disneyland will be much more enjoyable if you're not worried about your little one, so time to pick a new date when your family can really enjoy your trip! I've removed you from the list. Big hug!

Appears that they arenā€™t even allowing any bookings for Saviā€™s or Droid Depot for the month of May either after making this update to not allow any vacation reservations until after 6/1. Just a couple of days ago I was looking at moving my trip to later in May and Saviā€™s and Droid Depot had a ton of open slots.

Seems like Disney is really planning on closing through the end of May...

We just canceled our May trip and rescheduled for Dapper Day in June. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s open by that time. We will just have to wait and see.

I am cancelling my May trip (May 3rd) to September. Please remove me from the list as well :( We're big fans of WDW MNSSHP so the silver lining is we get an opportunity now to try DLs version and possibly Avengers Campus.

I hope the remaining May people are able to enjoy their trips!

Still havenā€™t cancelled, trying to weigh our options. Mid-May seems so unlikely, but holding on. I need one thing to look forward too.

We just canceled our May trip and rescheduled for Dapper Day in June. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s open by that time. We will just have to wait and see.
I am cancelling my May trip (May 3rd) to September. Please remove me from the list as well :( We're big fans of WDW MNSSHP so the silver lining is we get an opportunity now to try DLs version and possibly Avengers Campus.

I hope the remaining May people are able to enjoy their trips!
We have cancelled our May trip. We are waiting to reschedule until we would feel safe!
I've removed you all from the list. I hope your new plans work out well for you!

From the DLR Closure Superthread, details on the DLR hotels special offer for those rescheduling trips:

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

ā€œBeginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!ā€

ETA: hereā€™s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

We are canceling for May.....we are trying to figure out the flight stuff since the tickets were booked with delta skymiles, but I have made a new BWPPI reservation for 12/11-17.

Well, I checked our hotel, and it has PLENTY of availability in July. So I just need to call the timeshare people to see whether theyā€™ll extend the expiration of our points (the whole reason we arranged our trip for May was that we have a bunch of points expiring in June that we donā€™t want to lose). If they will, itā€™s entirely likely that weā€™ll jump ship for July, also. Iā€™m not ready to pull the plug on Memorial Day just yet, but itā€™ll be helpful to know what our options are.

I think my daughters graduation trip is a lost cause at this point. Our governor today announced a shelter in place until June 10th. Even if things quickly get better i donā€™t see it happening for a May 24 to June 1 trip. (Although Iā€™m not pulling the plug officially just yet.) Iā€™m absolutely devastated about the whole thing. Weā€™ve been talking about and planning her senior year events to be followed by this trip for months and months now and to have it cancelled along with the possibility of not getting the graduation ceremony is just heartbreaking to her. Fingers crossed we can manage to fit in a trip still this summer but that will all depend on how college stuff pans out.

Update from this week's MP "DLR Update" (3?30?20):
Correction
Last week we reported that a Disney had filed for a permit with the City of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We speculated that Disney might be planning to extend the Food & Wine Festival, which is scheduled to run through April 21 but has been cut short due to the COVID-19 closure.
Well, we were wrong. While Disney did file for an extension, it was just for one piece of equipment, not all of the Festival Marketplace booths as indicated on the permit. Disney has given no indication that they are looking to extend the Festival beyond April 21.
We apologize for getting your hopes up.

We have rebooked to attempt our first visit in July.
We are canceling for May.....we are trying to figure out the flight stuff since the tickets were booked with delta skymiles, but I have made a new BWPPI reservation for 12/11-17.
I've taken you off the May list. Happy planning for your new dates!

Well, I checked our hotel, and it has PLENTY of availability in July. So I just need to call the timeshare people to see whether theyā€™ll extend the expiration of our points (the whole reason we arranged our trip for May was that we have a bunch of points expiring in June that we donā€™t want to lose). If they will, itā€™s entirely likely that weā€™ll jump ship for July, also. Iā€™m not ready to pull the plug on Memorial Day just yet, but itā€™ll be helpful to know what our options are.
I sincerely hope they'll extend your points considering the circumstances. If nothing else, having more options just gives you peace of mind.

I think my daughters graduation trip is a lost cause at this point. Our governor today announced a shelter in place until June 10th. Even if things quickly get better i donā€™t see it happening for a May 24 to June 1 trip. (Although Iā€™m not pulling the plug officially just yet.) Iā€™m absolutely devastated about the whole thing. Weā€™ve been talking about and planning her senior year events to be followed by this trip for months and months now and to have it cancelled along with the possibility of not getting the graduation ceremony is just heartbreaking to her. Fingers crossed we can manage to fit in a trip still this summer but that will all depend on how college stuff pans out.
I'm so sorry for what you and your daughter are going through. My heart breaks for all the high school and college seniors that are missing so many milestone moments in their lives. Dealing with everything going on in the world is that much harder when it should be a time of celebration for you. Big hug!

I'm so sorry for what you and your daughter are going through. My heart breaks for all the high school and college seniors that are missing so many milestone moments in their lives. Dealing with everything going on in the world is that much harder when it should be a time of celebration for you. Big hug!
Thank you! Itā€™s been a rough few weeks emotionally but Iā€™m determined to find a way to get her a trip sometime. It may be during her winter break from college, and that may not have been my first choice, but we will get there!

I have a question for you DL vets. Weā€™re thinking about rescheduling to the end of September. Any thoughts about visiting during that time of year?

I have a question for you DL vets. Weā€™re thinking about rescheduling to the end of September. Any thoughts about visiting during that time of year?
I've never been to the parks in Sept., so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Here's a link to the September Check-in from last year: https://www.disboards.com/threads/september-2019-check-in.3737163/. It looks like there's a bit of discussion about the weather and Halloween events going on. Hope that helps!

As @tsumgirl said, Halloween Time should be in full swing by the end of September! The parks will be more crowded, especially on weekends, because that is a very busy time of year, but it will be lots of fun with decorations in both parks and the OBB (separate ticket required) in DCA. Take a look at the Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! for more information on the OBB and Halloween Time offerings at DLR. September weather is usually pretty warm, and there is a chance of Santa Ana winds which can cancel fireworks. Even though it is a busy time of year, it still counts as low/non-peak season for DLR, which means shorter hours, less staffing overall, refurbs, nighttime entertainment on weekends only (and possibly scheduled around party nights), etc. So keep this in mind when planning your dates.

Well West jet has cancelled our May 1-9 flights so the tiny sliver of hope has been snuffed out. Cancelled all of our rezzies, hotel and transportation (as an aside we had booked Lanskys and they have been amazing during the process, highly recommended). Have a booking in November for the Tropicana but I am very pesimistic on the chances of that happening right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter