** May 2020 Check In **

May 12-17 staying at the Tropicana and taking advantage of the Canadian residents deal with 5 day park hoppers. It's been about 5 years since we took the kids - they are all teens now, and I'm really looking forward to it! Especially Galaxy's Edge. We are also hoping Space Mountain is open this trip because it was unexpectedly closed last time due to a maintenance accident.

Going May 12-16th. Starting out in Vegas with 14 of us to celebrate DS 21st birthday. Then DD18 and I will continue on to Disney for a few days. Staying at BWPPI.
Been to Disney World many times. Twice this past year but was only at Disneyland once for a high school choir trip back in 1982. So very excited to see all the different things.

Thank you for starting this thread!
For anyone visiting the week of May 21st and especially the weekend before, be aware of the SoCal Promo Ticket expiration crowds! The week of the promo expiration and the weekend before are historically very busy in the parks as locals scramble to use their tickets before the last date.

theluckyrabbit - thanks for the tip on the expiration crowds. Planning a trip and trying to decide between 5/19-5/22 or 5/26-5/29. Do you think the ticket expiration crowds will be worse than the after Memorial Day crowds? (1st time to DL after many trips to DW.)

April 29-May 5, staying at Desert Palms. This will be our 4th (and most likely last) trip with our flex passes.

theluckyrabbit - thanks for the tip on the expiration crowds. Planning a trip and trying to decide between 5/19-5/22 or 5/26-5/29. Do you think the ticket expiration crowds will be worse than the after Memorial Day crowds? (1st time to DL after many trips to DW.)
I don't know about the after MDW crowds, but we've gone to the parks MDW for the last 3 years and found the crowds to be good/very good on the weekend, getting busy on the Monday. The pre-expiration promo crowds were very busy!
ETA: Make sure to check the AP Blockout Calendar for your trip dates!

I went around this time last year. I feel like the weekday crowds before MDW didn't really show up until the evening after work/school. After MDW, the crowds were moderate, but just be aware that 3 of the 4 days you're thinking of are Grad Nites. I didn't think the grad nites were a big deal, but some prefer to avoid them.

Hello! We are traveling from Raleigh to Hawaii with a stop at DL on the way in mid-May. The current idea is Wednesday, May 13th - leave morning of Saturday, May 16th. We would go to the parks W, Th, F.

What do you think about the crowds from the SoCal pass ending and Grad Night that Friday? I think W, Th should be fine, but F is orrisome. We cooouulld leave Raleigh a day earlier, but that would cost us an extra day of hotel and a loss of work day for my husband. We want to drive down to San Diego on Saturday before flying Southwest to HNL. That way we can spend a few hours with my San Diego family before flying out.

We did DL Dec 2018 so it's not like these 3 days are all we have had of DL.

What do you think? What would you do?

Thanks!

Hello! We are traveling from Raleigh to Hawaii with a stop at DL on the way in mid-May. The current idea is Wednesday, May 13th - leave morning of Saturday, May 16th. We would go to the parks W, Th, F.

What do you think about the crowds from the SoCal pass ending and Grad Night that Friday? I think W, Th should be fine, but F is orrisome. We cooouulld leave Raleigh a day earlier, but that would cost us an extra day of hotel and a loss of work day for my husband. We want to drive down to San Diego on Saturday before flying Southwest to HNL. That way we can spend a few hours with my San Diego family before flying out.

Thanks!

We are there the same time -and would like to know any info on this also.

May 9-13 BWPPI (unless I can figure out a way to use Chase points for DLH).

As the section is called "Potential" closures, I'll toss out there that Touring Plans has Haunted Mansion closed through May 11, and that King Arthur Carrousel has no announced reopen date yet.

I wonder what Touring Plans is basing that on? I had not seen official dates on when Haunted Mansion will reopen. I mean that date still works for me as I am going the 9th to the 17th. But that seems super long.

I'm joining in! I will be there sometime after 5/12 (likely 5/13 or 5/14) for 2 days in the parks. Not sure where I'll be staying yet. Maybe Majestic Gardens, maybe Desert Inn and Suites (my normal). ... Need to get my dates and lodging figured out soon, hahaha.

I'm pleased to say that, after nearly two years since our last visit to Walt's Park, we'll be there Memorial Day weekend, 5/22-5/27. DD gets out of her last day of school at noon on 5/22, and we're leaving straight from there! Driving, staying at the Peacock Suites (because timeshare).

We didn't get to go last year at all because we took an epic trip to France, and I really missed it - especially with all the reports of low crowds!

Thanks!
We are there the same time -and would like to know any info on this also.

I personally wouldn't pay more to move my dates, but the teens don't bother me too much. There will probably be an uptick in crowds in the late afternoon/evening, but as long as you work to stack FPs, prioritize your must do rides in the morning, and go with the flow, it shouldn't be too bad. I also am not sure if Fantasmic or the fireworks will be showing on weeknights, so that would be a reason to stick to your current plan and see them on Friday night.

Ok, I believe I have everyone added to the list. Let me know if I missed you by accident and feel free to update your hotel info if you haven't already. Thanks!

May 20-25 Staying at the Grand Californian for a Conference.

We are doing 4 park days, since I will have to attend my conference in the morning/early afternoon Fri-Sun.

I'm really hoping Indiana Jones will be open by then, it's my favorite ride!! Haven't been to Disneyland in 10-15 years and getting really excited!!

We are planning for crowds, but I happy to here the weekend might not actually be that bad crowd wise!

I’m booked! We are coming Mothers Day weekend, 5/9-512. Planning on spending 5/10 and 5/11 in the parks. We are staying at Desert Inn and Suites.

Has anyone been on Mothers Day before?

I had heard HM was going to be down for 2-3 months so it should be open in May. At least I hope so since it’s one of the reasons I chose these dates.

For me it’s Indiana Jones Adventure that I’m worried about. It was closed for a refurb the first time I went to DLP, so it and ROTR are the only Disney E-Tickets in the US that I have yet to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!