May 2024 WISH Thread

Topic Tuesday: podcasts, vlogs, blogs what is speaking to you lately? Who makes you think? Makes you want to exercise? Makes you laugh?

Good morning! I'm very interested in this. I really don't do much in the way of these, but really want to. I know there are so many great ones out there.

Right now, I just watch La Lido Loca (cruise related youtuber) while I eat my lunch at my desk at work. I have a few others favorited - the ones related to healthy living are Zach Coen (he shows food videos that are high in protein with lower calories) and Frugal Fit Mom. I also watch style with Cathy sometimes. She talks about dressing to fit your body shape aimed at women over 50.

I used to listed to We Only Look Thin while I ate, but found that I really like having the video with it at my desk. My mind wanders too much while I'm just sitting there otherwise.

A few days ago, I tried going to our local park after I ate and walk for the rest of my lunch hour. I would love to find something to listen to during that time.

Topic Tuesday: podcasts, vlogs, blogs...
I have a lot of YouTube pages bookmarked for when I walk on the treadmill (and am not binging a streaming series) and I kind of go through phases with them. Lately, It's Super Carlin Brothers (Harry Potter theory and quizzes).

And these are my top two podcasts on Spotify right now:

IMG_1574.jpeg

Nothing is directly on the subject of health, but it all keeps the boredom away when I exercise or do chores, so it contributes in that way.

I follow Living by Disney and Mammoth Club for my Disney fix. I've utilized YouTube videos from different people, currently it is Fabulous 50s. I haven't gotten into podcasts but keep hearing about good ones that sound interesting, I should try having them on in the house instead of the tv, since I'm usually moving around doing things or knitting and not looking at the screen most of the time.

Last edited:
I like to have podcasts going in the background recently been into Mayim Baialik’s breakdown as far as thought provoking and get fit with Rick for some quick hit workouts in addition to good old Blogilates (love that she is getting some extra recognition thanks to Taylor Swift). Stuff to make me laugh Kathleen Madigan’s pubcast is a good one, she is one of my fave comics and the outcast helped me zone out during rough times over the last few years.

This isn't going to sound like a woohoo, but bear with me.

Part 1: Monday evening when my Neice went over to feed the cats she lost the keys to the house. I don't free feed any longer because Ester is on a diet, so they only had enough food to get thru Tuesday. Neice said she would try to crawl thru a window (there are a couple where the latch isn't latched), but I thought I should come home Wednesday evening either way... so woohoo... I'm headed home after work today and will take tomorrow's mtgs virtually, which means I'll be able to make it to the last pottery class tonight.
Part2: When my Neice was trying to get in the bedroom window she aggravated the bumble bees that are nesting in a one-inch hole in the house siding below it. I had just noticed them over the weekend and was going to call the rental service to have a bee person come out and was worried they'd send an exterminator instead. In talking to said Niece, bumbles only make enough comb and honey for themselves, can't/won't be moved but will move on themselves at the end of the season. So, no need to call.

So, in recap: woohoo I get to go home a day early; Neice did get into the house so cats have food for breakfast and will get a nice dinner tonight; bumbles and I get to hang out together this summer enjoying the garden.

Oh, and p.s., I'm pretty sure I put a spare key in the shed, but need to double check and put it closer to the shed door so it is easier to get to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter