May 4th at SWGE - am i crazy?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
So just gone back over my plan for next year, every day is planned and adrs all done. Just today realised I've booked in HS for 4th may. Am I insane to attempt this?

So just gone back over my plan for next year, every day is planned and adrs all done. Just today realised I've booked in HS for 4th may. Am I insane to attempt this?

We booked our entire May 2020 trip around being in Galaxy's Edge for May the 4th, but we are definitely insane and huge SW nerds. It will be my gf's first time in the land and we're going all out (sabers & droids). I know that in the past there hasn't been much more than special merch but I am hoping the first SW Day in Galaxy's Edge will be a little extra special.

I was there on May 4 last year and it was pretty crowded. People already line up early for the merch. I expect with GE it's going to be even worse this year. I got through the merch line, they opened star tours over, then I went to meet the characters. I got in line for kylo ren just before the park opened and was able to get through the characters pretty quickly, but by the time I walked out kylo ren and chewie queues were full. I had planned to head to TOT but the wait times were too long so I just left and was back at Yacht club by 10:15. Wait times seemed to continue to be fairly high most of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!