May 4th Wonder: Anybody Else's Kids Sick

Dasha

Mouseketeer
We came home on TH and today the doctor says my daughter has ear and eye infections plus streph throat. He said she would have been exposed during the time we were on the cruise.

She was in Oceaners for a few hours each day and I was wonder if anyone else has been this unlucky on this cruise.

Thanks!

We were on the Wonder then. Our son came down with a snuffly nose/cough on the last evening of the cruise.

I've come to accept that whenever you put 500 kids together, they are BOUND to get something from someone.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon!

DD4 has a fever today, although no one was sick on the ship.
dasha how old is your daughter?

The rest of us are fine but Cameron came down with a little bit of a cold Wed. night on the ship. I think its more from coming in and out of the air conditioning. Sorry to hear some of you have sick ones at home. Hope everyone had a magical vacation!!!!

My smallest is 4. I expect that my 6 year old will be sick soon. I was surprised how sick my youngest was as they had both been fine the other two times.

All three of my children have runny noses and I started with a sore throat this morning. My oldest (age 5) was in the Oceaneers Club and the youngest two (ages 1 and 2 1/2) were in Flounder's.

On Sunday Cameron started complaining of general not feeling well. He was not running a temp, he still only had a little bit of a stuffed up nose. Well all of a sudden at 7 pm he was sitting doing his homework and started crying saying he couldn't move. He has never been one to complain of pain or anything of that sorts. Anyways I layed him down in his bed thinking he was tired, when I went to leave the room he started crying complaining he couldn't move. After a while I realized he wasn't kidding. He could barely move his head off the pillow and had no use of his arms, legs and could not sit up. He was admitted Sun. evening, they did every test possible. After about 6 hours he started to gain all his muscle control back. They never did put a diagnoses on what happened other than they believe he got a viral infection and it effected his spinal cord. The Neurologist stated he was lucky to regain all of his muscle/nerve function so quickly, sometimes it can take month's.
My son is home and is not showing any real signs of being sick, other than still being a little weak and tired.
I am sorry for rambling I just wanted to update you.
Hope everyone gets well real soon!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter