May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

Forgot to mention that it will be my wife and I sailing, and as of now we are Cat. 11C GTY with early dining.

We’re in too. Was going to be on the last one as well celebrating our 25 th Anniversary.

Husband and I from Toronto ,Canada.

Cat. 5 ? Deck 7

I’m in! This is also my second try from the cancelled 2020 cruise. Just me (retired and family is still working or in college) and I’m from Atlanta Ga.
cat 5b, deck 7...veranda... I usually go with a basic ocean view or inside...splurged this time! 😊

We are booked as well. Family of four from Ontario, Canada and we are travelling with friends. This is also a do over for us from the cancelled HNL-YVR from this year.

We have booked a 9C GTY. We usually book inside rooms on the classic ships so a little splurge this time.

We’re in too. Was going to be on the last one as well celebrating our 25 th Anniversary.

Husband and I from Toronto ,Canada.

Cat. 5 ? Deck 7

Happy belated anniversary! Glad you’re giving the trip a second go.

I’m in! This is also my second try from the cancelled 2020 cruise. Just me (retired and family is still working or in college) and I’m from Atlanta Ga.
cat 5b, deck 7...veranda... I usually go with a basic ocean view or inside...splurged this time! 😊

Fantastic, treat yourself! Do you have anyone to dine with or do you prefer alone time?

Back on board, and this time bringing some extended family. 60th birthday and 30th anniversary. woot woot.

Wow, lots to celebrate and be thankful for!

We’re booked! Cat 9C GTY, hoping to upgrade to 9B. This will be a do-over from our big 15th anniversary trip that was cancelled this year: a week at Aulani then cruising home to BC.

Also a belated happy anniversary to you! The silver lining is we have this trip to look forward to all over again.

We are booked as well. Family of four from Ontario, Canada and we are travelling with friends. This is also a do over for us from the cancelled HNL-YVR from this year.

We have booked a 9C GTY. We usually book inside rooms on the classic ships so a little splurge this time.

Welcome (again)! It’s nice to splurge once in awhile.

We'll be on board!! DW couldn't sleep the night before out of fear it would sell out before we got through. This itinerary has been on our radar for years. Just haven't been able to make it work yet. We were booked on this year's April sailing when it got "COVIDed" :( . Anyway, she was trying to jump in an hour before the window was scheduled to open. Apparently they did open 40 minutes early (7:40AM ET)?? We splurged as well going with the new category 3A. Can't wait!!

Fantastic, treat yourself! Do you have anyone to dine with or do you prefer alone time?
dtrain - I’m an introvert so alone is great for me but people on DCL cruises are so sweet, I’ve always been asked by folks at nearby tables to join them. this has never happened to me on other cruise lines....
must be that Disney vibe! 😍

We're in (at the moment) Cat 10B GTY, just DH and I, second seating for dining (I didn't get the option to choose but am happy with what I got). Here's hoping that DH is happy with the price because he doesn't know it's actually booked yet due to his work.

We visited Oahu in 2019 and loved it so much we vowed to go back some time - this felt like the perfect opportunity to me - along with the chance to visit some of the other islands.

We'll be on board!! DW couldn't sleep the night before out of fear it would sell out before we got through. This itinerary has been on our radar for years. Just haven't been able to make it work yet. We were booked on this year's April sailing when it got "COVIDed" :( . Anyway, she was trying to jump in an hour before the window was scheduled to open. Apparently they did open 40 minutes early (7:40AM ET)?? We splurged as well going with the new category 3A. Can't wait!!

Woohoo! I was up at 3am here in the southwest waiting to get our room and it was a success...phew.
dtrain - I’m an introvert so alone is great for me but people on DCL cruises are so sweet, I’ve always been asked by folks at nearby tables to join them. this has never happened to me on other cruise lines....
must be that Disney vibe! 😍

OK, as long as you’re not lonely LOL..you can always eat with us and hide behind a Mickey Bar

We're in (at the moment) Cat 10B GTY, just DH and I, second seating for dining (I didn't get the option to choose but am happy with what I got). Here's hoping that DH is happy with the price because he doesn't know it's actually booked yet due to his work.

We visited Oahu in 2019 and loved it so much we vowed to go back some time - this felt like the perfect opportunity to me - along with the chance to visit some of the other islands.

Tell your hubbie the memories are priceless ;) Hope you can make it stick.

We are trying again. I booked yesterday a 9b stateroom for the 3 of us. It will be 3 years and 7 months in the planning for this cruise.

Just think how perfect this cruise will be after all that planning. I already know the excursions we want from last round.

Tell your hubbie the memories are priceless ;) Hope you can make it stick.

I've been able to chat online with him now and he's coming round to the idea. I've suggested a stop over in Seattle on the way out to Oahu as we've never been there and it would break up an otherwise very long day of traveling (24+ hours). Fingers crossed that it works. :)

FYI, for everyone that didn't follow the Aulani confusion last year, allow me to explain some of it and hopefully help you avoid possible issues if you wanted to include an Aulani stay. But note, I don't necessarily know all of it.

A number of us talked to the cruise line about whether they'd do an Aulani pre-stay deal. As it was too far away for booking Aulani, they added us to a seemingly pretty informal list and then we let the months pass. For us, we had transferred our reservation to a TA in the meanwhile (and that likely caused some of the issue). When Aulani booking opened up, we tried checking on that Aulani list. The TA tried to track it down with the cruise line but no one had any clue. So, we assumed it was too informal and just lost so we booked our own Aulani stay.

Months passed again and then we went to pay in full. The TA got the approval from us to pay X and we approved as it was what we expected. However, we got charged X + $2K. We didn't notice right away. The TA thought we were charged X. It took forever to track down but DCL added a 3 night Aulani stay to our cruise without talking to anyone. DCL claimed they told the TA but they had no record of it. We certainly had never agreed to a 3 night stay - since we needed 5.

There was so much arguing/disputing about what was going on between DCL, the TA, and us. I guess it was such an odd situation no one understood what was going on. It was tough to get people to understand there was even a problem at first. On top of all the confusion, after it was cleared up, DCL didn't reverse the charge, but did a refund - which meant that we lost money to exchange fees. Not a small amount of money lost through no fault of ours. For a trip we never took.

If I ever do it again, I'd ask for clarity on how/when we would be contacted. And get a contact name.

I've been able to chat online with him now and he's coming round to the idea. I've suggested a stop over in Seattle on the way out to Oahu as we've never been there and it would break up an otherwise very long day of traveling (24+ hours). Fingers crossed that it works. :)
I'll have close to 24 hours too. I certainly am not looking forward to not looking forward to it again once I book my flights - if you know what I mean. :)

FYI, for everyone that didn't follow the Aulani confusion last year, allow me to explain some of it and hopefully help you avoid possible issues if you wanted to include an Aulani stay. But note, I don't necessarily know all of it.

Oh my! Not good on DCL's part. We would be doing a pre-stay at Aulani, but as we're DVC members would likely book everything ourselves. Good to know though just in case we change our mind and take a DCL add-on option.

I'll have close to 24 hours too. I certainly am not looking forward to not looking forward to it again once I book my flights - if you know what I mean. :)

Will you be travelling from Europe too? We're from Scotland so need a flight to London first before we've even started the long haul portion of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter