May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

Just booked DH and me on the Hawaii cruise for May 6th, 2022. I hope this virus is gone by then..I see people said they booked a BTB. Where else does it go? I asked Disney and they said they don't have that info yet. Also thanks for the info on Aulani. I would like to stay there, it would be the first time.

Just booked DH and me on the Hawaii cruise for May 6th, 2022. I hope this virus is gone by then..I see people said they booked a BTB. Where else does it go? I asked Disney and they said they don't have that info yet. Also thanks for the info on Aulani. I would like to stay there, it would be the first time.

Those doing the BTB are doing the Hawaii cruises in both directions.

However I think the cruise after this one will be an Alaskan - I would love that do that BTB but don't think DH will agree!

The Disney Alaskan cruise was spectacular, I've done it twice. Thank you for your information. It would have been nice if after this cruise the Wonder had to reposition to California.

Will you be travelling from Europe too? We're from Scotland so need a flight to London first before we've even started the long haul portion of the day.
No, Newfoundland Canada. If you were flying just from London, you’d beat me there because you have better direct flights. We’ll likely have 2 stop just to get to Vancouver. Our last itinerary was 23 hours. Maybe we’ll get better connections this time.

Does anyone know when they start booking the 2022 dates if we want to book it ourselves? We were looking at a standard hotel room.
You’ve seen the 499 days already mentioned, but they did not open at 499 for us. That was part of the confusion that happened. It was quite a number of days past the 499 before we could book. That contributed to everyone pondering that they were selling out or something. I cannot recall but I feel like it even might have been a month or two into 499 days. I’d given up on checking every day.

The Disney Alaskan cruise was spectacular, I've done it twice. Thank you for your information. It would have been nice if after this cruise the Wonder had to reposition to California.

We've done DCL Alaskan cruise once and loved it - definitely want to do another in the future.

The Wonder will have just repositioned from San Diego to Vancouver before the Hawaiian cruises, that's why I'm guessing she'll go to Alaska next.

No, Newfoundland Canada. If you were flying just from London, you’d beat me there because you have better direct flights. We’ll likely have 2 stop just to get to Vancouver. Our last itinerary was 23 hours. Maybe we’ll get better connections this time.

I've checked flights for the same time next year, and assuming we fly to Seattle it'll take approx. 17 hours to there so I'm planning to stop over there for a few days before continuing on to Honolulu.

You’ve seen the 499 days already mentioned, but they did not open at 499 for us. That was part of the confusion that happened. It was quite a number of days past the 499 before we could book. That contributed to everyone pondering that they were selling out or something. I cannot recall but I feel like it even might have been a month or two into 499 days. I’d given up on checking every day.

That's good to know, but as we've DVC (but not owners at Aulani) I hoping to get something at 7 months out, otherwise we may just stay in Waikiki as the hotels there are cheaper.

I've checked flights for the same time next year, and assuming we fly to Seattle it'll take approx. 17 hours to there so I'm planning to stop over there for a few days before continuing on to Honolulu.

That's good to know, but as we've DVC (but not owners at Aulani) I hoping to get something at 7 months out, otherwise we may just stay in Waikiki as the hotels there are cheaper.
I am also DVC and have to wait for the 7-month window. I asked the hotel if I can book with cash then at the 7-month window switch to points, they said no. It is 2 different kinds of reservations.

Anyone looking to upgrade to an oceanview stateroom? There seems to be availability (it lets me select it in modify my reservation) but I'm guessing it's cat. 9C as that's what we've already got so can't actually change.

Hi,
My family (DH, 2 DS 15 & 13 at time of sailing) and I are booked on this Hawaiian 🌺 Cruise. We were not on the 2020 cruise but we were on the 2015 Hawaii DC- we are SO excited 😆

Hi,
My family (DH, 2 DS 15 & 13 at time of sailing) and I are booked on this Hawaiian 🌺 Cruise. We were not on the 2020 cruise but we were on the 2015 Hawaii DC- we are SO excited 😆
Happy to hear you and the family are joining us!! Just curious about your 2015 sailing. How rough were the sea days between the islands and Vancouver? We booked the 2020 Hawaii itinerary while on the Wonder in the Caribbean and talked about it with our stateroom host who said it gets pretty rough.

Happy to hear you and the family are joining us!! Just curious about your 2015 sailing. How rough were the sea days between the islands and Vancouver? We booked the 2020 Hawaii itinerary while on the Wonder in the Caribbean and talked about it with our stateroom host who said it gets pretty rough.
Our 2015 Hawaiian DC was at the beginning of September so I’m not sure if it would be the same weather wise and we sailed from Vancouver to Hawaii on that sailing and we only had 1 ”rough” day of sailing and it was on the first day of the cruise where there was swaying but it was gone by supper and we had smooth sailing from there.

That's interesting. Good options to Seattle I guess? I'll probably fly to Vancouver.

Hi,
Welcome aboard!

I realized I never introduced us as I was just continuing from the 2020 thread. It will be DW and I, with a small possibility of DS joining us. We would have been pre-celebrating turning 50 but now it will be post-celebrating. 50 for the 2nd year in a row! ;)

That's interesting. Good options to Seattle I guess? I'll probably fly to Vancouver.

Welcome aboard!

I realized I never introduced us as I was just continuing from the 2020 thread. It will be DW and I, with a small possibility of DS joining us. We would have been pre-celebrating turning 50 but now it will be post-celebrating. 50 for the 2nd year in a row! ;)
Thank you and congratulations on celebrating your 50th birthday for the 2nd year in a row :)

Hello fellow Cruisers!:wave:
We are very excited that Disney has decided to do this trip again. We were also booked for the 2020 Hawaiian Cruise :boat: that never happened. Glad to see the enthusiasm of the people we will be traveling with.:cheer2: I look forward to meeting you. We also will do a pre-Cruise stay at Aulani. This will be our 2nd Disney Hawaiian Cruise. We did the Inaugural Cruise of 15 nights out of Los Angeles. It will be me, my DH and DD. Wishing everyone the very best until we meet. Aloha!🌴🍹

I saw a cruise ship go out this week and even though they were all tested 2 times before they got on the ship, two days into the cruise someone came down with covid..Very depressing. I hope by the time we leave this virus will be under control or gone. So looking forward to this..We plan to stay at Aulani before the cruise also..Cant wait to meet everyone. I guess closer to the cruise we can plan a get-to-gether.
Take care,

I may add that I would feel safer on a Disney ship than any other ship. I know Disney has higher standards than any other company.

I may add that I would feel safer on a Disney ship than any other ship. I know Disney has higher standards than any other company.
Agree with this 100%.... they have everyone use anti bacterial wipes before entering the restaurants and getting back on the ship. Also see them constantly wiping. This was all pre-COVID of course.

Canada is pushing the pleasure craft ban out another year. This announcement does not affect our sailing date. But it's close. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!