May get wet? - A September TR

docsoliday1

DIS Dad #834 Cubs, Dolphins fan forever
The particulars:

Who: Me, DW and DD (and visits from my brother, SIL, niece, her boyfriend and family friend)
When: September 23rd-29th
Where: Disney...DUH. Just kidding, Pop Century.
Why: Normally, there's not a why besides going to Disney, but this was more to make use of our APs and DD's last school break before she turns 18.

We're DVC members, so we normally stay at DVC resorts, but we had used our points on the February trip and so had to stay with the common folk...err..resort(get it?) to staying in a value resort.

Our original plans (spoiler alert, they changed):
23rd - Check in and dinner at Cape May Cafe
24th - AK
25th - Resort/relax day
26th - MK
27th - Resort/relax day
28th - EPCOT
29th - :sad: day (check out)

The initial goals for this trip...or maybe things I wanted to do (also changed):
Carrot cake cookie. I think it was @ariane37 that mentioned this in one of her TR's and it sounded good, but it could've been someone else also.
Rice cream in Norway. @Steppesister had told me about this and wanted to try it.
Huge cinnamon roll from Kusafari. I know this was @ariane37
Maple popcorn from Canada
VOL
Getting into the book at one man's dream
Tiffins - This is a must now.
Dole whips - Kinda like breathing...must do.

There may have been some others...this week is still a blur and I'm trying to remember what my goals were and which ones we did and which we missed.

Originally, I was not planning on doing a TR. Some people are very good at writing TRs and I tried my hand at it back in February, but didn't feel I did very well and my camera was not acting right so pictures were meh. I promised to do better pictures this trip so to fulfill that promise, this TR was born.

Last edited:
I'm here! I've been a lousy commenter these days with how busy school has become, but I'll try my best to pop in with comments once in a while, and I'm very much looking forward to reading along no matter what! Thanks for tagging me to make sure I found this.

I'm here! I've been a lousy commenter these days with how busy school has become, but I'll try my best to pop in with comments once in a while, and I'm very much looking forward to reading along no matter what! Thanks for tagging me to make sure I found this.
:welcome:

Good to have you Meghan. Can't relate to not having as much time to post and I remember you saying you had a busy school schedule shortly after your anniversary trip. Speaking of which, I'm behind yet again on your thread(s). :sad2:

This TR might be a little be slow in developing...FAIR WARNING! Why, you might ask. Well, you might not, but I'll tell ya anyway. I'll be starting a new job and moving to Orlando starting on the 22nd. Right now, I find myself even more busy than I have been. Talking with realtors, talking with mortgage brokers, looking at houses online, filling out paperwork for new job, scheduling drug test and other for new job, making sure I still do current job well and still umpiring softball. Oh yeah...trying to figure out who is moving and when. PR is in school and I might delay moving her until the end of the semester (right before Christmas break). I might not. Also trying to decide whether we're going to sell current house or rent it out. I have yet to get any pictures uploaded from the camera to the computer and since I promised better pictures this time, I will do that...just might take a while.

Okay, okay, enough of me whining about how busy I am, so some questions for fun...I could do prizes since the winners from my previous TR never claimed them, but I think it's the fun of the game more so than the prizes.

1) Of the 8 things I listed of items I wanted to do or try, how many did we do?

2) Who met us the first night for dinner(Garden Grove at the Swan)? (Hint - might be in my first TR)

3) What mode(s) of transportation was/were used to get there?

Last edited:

2) Who met us the first night for dinner(Garden Grove at the Swan)? (Hint - might be in my first TR)

1) I'm going to say 6. You gave it a good attempt, but things don't always work out.
2) I do remember there was a gentleman who was with you for part of the trip on your last report..can't remember his name now..Bob?
3) you drove your car

so had to stay with the common folk...err..resort(get it?) to staying in a value resort.

Hah!! I got it!!

Rice cream in Norway. @Steppesister had told me about this and wanted to try it.

But... did you like it! That's the real question!

Well, you might not, but I'll tell ya anyway. I'll be starting a new job and moving to Orlando starting on the 22nd.

Coming up soon!

I'll say 5.

Brother and SIL.

Bus and mono.

Hello! I’m joining in. Your moving to Orlando? Wow how exciting! I think when we met you had just started a new job, is this a transfer or totally new job? Congratulations either way:cheer2:

I will guess 5 of the must dos
You met your Friend from the last report
Your car
I think I told you about carrot cake cookie, I know I told you about the dole whip pineapple upside down cake yummy!

Hey Doc, I'm in!
I'm here, I'm here!! :) Thanks for the tag; I suck at finding things as I don't scroll the list.
Hello! I’m joining in. Your moving to Orlando? Wow how exciting! I think when we met you had just started a new job, is this a transfer or totally new job? Congratulations either way:cheer2:

I will guess 5 of the must dos
You met your Friend from the last report
Your car
I think I told you about carrot cake cookie, I know I told you about the dole whip pineapple upside down cake yummy!

:welcome: Mark, Liesa and Caroline. Good to have all of you on board.

It may have been you (Caroline) who told me about the carrot cake cookie. I have a hard time remembering my name some days, so my apologies. Wait, who are you, what were we talking about and why am I sorry? :laughing:

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

1- six
2- I have no idea - a Dis meet ?
3- Minnie Van

I promised pictures and although I'm not nearly as good a photographer as many of you, I did get a good camera since the last TR and here's one of the pictures the PP photographer took for us with my camera...
dis1_smaller.JPG

This was our AK day and I was wearing my Everest (okay fine, not expedition Everest) shirt. I don't normally coordinate my outfits, but did specifically pack this shirt for this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter