May get wet? - A September TR

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

1- six
2- I have no idea - a Dis meet ?
3- Minnie Van
:welcome: Dlo.
Well, we met at a Disney hotel, so I guess technically it was a Dismeet. :laughing:
Is it a Disney hotel though...Swan and Dolphin are weird...they're on Disney property, but they're not fully Disney hotels...I don't get it.

Found it! I can't promise I'll keep up this time but I'm going to try my darnedest!

1) Of the 8 things I listed of items I wanted to do or try, how many did we do?

2) Who met us the first night for dinner(Garden Grove at the Swan)? (Hint - might be in my first TR)

3) What mode(s) of transportation was/were used to get there?

1. I'm going to say 5.
2. No idea since I was a slacker and never finished your first TR
3. Do you mean from home to Disney or from Pop to Garden Grove? If it's #1 I'm going to say car. If it's #2 then I'm going to say bus and boat.

Found it! I can't promise I'll keep up this time but I'm going to try my darnedest!

1. I'm going to say 5.
2. No idea since I was a slacker and never finished your first TR
3. Do you mean from home to Disney or from Pop to Garden Grove? If it's #1 I'm going to say car. If it's #2 then I'm going to say bus and boat.
:welcome: aboard Ariana. I'll try to make it more entertaining/better than the first one.

I was talking about from Pop to Garden Grove.

I'm in!

had to stay with the common folk

Hey!

resort(get it?) to staying in a value resort.

Yes. I found that turn of phrase to be invaluable.

Our original plans (spoiler alert, they changed):
23rd - Check in and dinner at Cape May Cafe
24th - AK
25th - Resort/relax day
26th - MK
27th - Resort/relax day
28th - EPCOT
29th - :sad: day (check out)

Hmmm... No DHS. ergo no Slinky Dog.

Carrot cake cookie.

Is this still possible? I know the Writer's Stop is gone. And that's where I got mine... that I never ate.

Rice cream in Norway. @Steppesister had told me about this and wanted to try it.

She's rather rabid about it... don't get between her and her rice cream.

Dole whips - Kinda like breathing...must do.

::yes::

I tried my hand at it back in February, but didn't feel I did very well

Oh, posh. You did just fine. :)

This TR might be a little be slow

Matches the author.

:duck:

I'll be starting a new job and moving to Orlando starting on the 22nd.

Ah! I don't think you mentioned the date. I knew it was coming up, but not exactly when.

1) Of the 8 things I listed of items I wanted to do or try, how many did we do?

2) Who met us the first night for dinner(Garden Grove at the Swan)? (Hint - might be in my first TR)

Forgot his name. But you met up with him last time.

3) What mode(s) of transportation was/were used to get there?

Uber or similar?

here's one of the pictures the PP photographer took for us with my camera...

Works pretty good. :)
Or is that just the operator? Time will tell! :laughing:

:welcome: Good to have you along. As previously stated, great meeting you last week!

Hey! How are you doing? Oh, that wasn't a hello hey was it?

Yes. I found that turn of phrase to be invaluable.
Left turn? Right turn? U-turn? I'm turning into quite a punny guy, eh? Well, I'm a legend in my own mind. ;)

Hmmm... No DHS. ergo no Slinky Dog.
Nope. Since I couldn't get any good FPs (thanks Disney IT systems), I didn't feel like fighting the pandemonium that would be attempting to rope drop this.

Is this still possible? I know the Writer's Stop is gone. And that's where I got mine... that I never ate.
It's top secret. If I told you, I'd have to....well, I can't tell you...yet.

She's rather rabid about it... don't get between her and her rice cream.
Yes, I've noticed. Again, you (and Liesa) will have to wait to see if I tried it and if I did, whether I liked it.

Oh, posh. You did just fine. :)
Hmmm....I've met you and I don't recall you being delusional, but that comment gives me pause for reconsideration. Actually, thanks. I just have some high standards after watching you, Liesa, Mark, Meghan, Liesa, Caroline, Ariane, Ariana....(oh crud, didn't realize it was gonna be such a long list) and several others...got tired of typing names. That's actually a good problem to have and a testament to all of you. Jury's still out on Jeff, but his is shaping up to be good also.

Matches the author.
Huh? What? I don't get it! Now, where did I put that "TRs for dummies" book?

Ah! I don't think you mentioned the date. I knew it was coming up, but not exactly when.
Rapidly approaching. Almost too rapidly. I don't want to drop off of here completely, but reading time is drastically reduced. I'm umpiring my final game in GA tonight. I told them not to schedule me for any games next week. I want the extra cash to help offset some moving expenses, but right now I need the time more so than the cash.

Works pretty good. :)
Or is that just the operator? Time will tell! :laughing:
I'm going with the latter.

Now...the answers and next questions. Remember these are just for fun.

We did 6 of the 8.
We met T from the first TR and he again joined us for seafood buffet, but no swimming at the BCV pool this time for any of us. :sad:
We drove. I was thinking about taking the bus, but we didn't have the ECV for DW yet, so decided to go with less walking for her. Dropped her and PR off at the entrance and then I went and parked. If you said boat also, you're partially right. After dinner, we boated over to EPCOT.

Next questions:
Which 2 of the 8 didn't we do.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, how bummed was I about the 2 we missed?

Why did we go to EPCOT? (multiple reasons, so multiple answers are cool). If you can't come up with good reasons, make up a funny one(or two or three). I love the comments, so have some fun if you'd like.

Hey Doc, I'm in!
I'm here, I'm here!! :) Thanks for the tag; I suck at finding things as I don't scroll the list.
Hello! I’m joining in. Your moving to Orlando? Wow how exciting! I think when we met you had just started a new job, is this a transfer or totally new job? Congratulations either way:cheer2:

I will guess 5 of the must dos
You met your Friend from the last report
Your car
I think I told you about carrot cake cookie, I know I told you about the dole whip pineapple upside down cake yummy!

:welcome: Mark, Liesa and Caroline. Good to have all of you on board.

It may have been you (Caroline) who told me about the carrot cake cookie. I have a hard time remembering my name some days, so my apologies. Wait, who are you, what were we talking about and why am I sorry? :laughing:

Liesa, you'll have to wait to see about Rice Cream.

(Not sure why, but this didn't go out the other day when I typed it up, so when I logged into this computer and saw it, sending now).

Good to have you along. As previously stated, great meeting you last week!

You too! :)

Hey! How are you doing? Oh, that wasn't a hello hey was it?

No. It was most decidedly not.

:laughing:

Left turn? Right turn? U-turn? I'm turning into quite a punny guy, eh? Well, I'm a legend in my own mind. ;)

Well, since there is no visual representation here, I can't tell which way you turn. So perhaps it would be accurate to describe it as no-mind.

But that would be nasty, so I'll refrain.

(Everyone! Join in on the refrain!)

Nope. Since I couldn't get any good FPs (thanks Disney IT systems), I didn't feel like fighting the pandemonium that would be attempting to rope drop this.

Meh. Elbows up and you'd be fine. You're plenty tall enough for it.

It's top secret. If I told you, I'd have to....well, I can't tell you...yet.

Now that's just mean! Now I can't go to Disney until you fess up.
(Or I research it.... and that's not gonna happen.)

Yes, I've noticed. Again, you (and Liesa) will have to wait to see if I tried it and if I did, whether I liked it.

I'm curious. I can definitely leave it. She can definitely not. We'll see where you fall on the scale.

Hmmm....I've met you and I don't recall you being delusional, but that comment gives me pause for reconsideration.

Apparently, you are not a very good judge of character.

:lmao:

Rapidly approaching. Almost too rapidly. I don't want to drop off of here completely, but reading time is drastically reduced. I'm umpiring my final game in GA tonight. I told them not to schedule me for any games next week. I want the extra cash to help offset some moving expenses, but right now I need the time more so than the cash.

Totally get that.

We did 6 of the 8.
We met T from the first TR and he again joined us for seafood buffet, but no swimming at the BCV pool this time for any of us. :sad:
We drove.

I got 2 out of 3. Not bad.

Next questions:

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, how bummed was I about the 2 we missed?

Why did we go to EPCOT? (multiple reasons, so multiple answers are cool). If you can't come up with good reasons, make up a funny one(or two or three). I love the comments, so have some fun if you'd like.

Hmmm... The book... because I have no idea what that is. And VOL, since they're scheduled so, easier to miss.

I'll say... about a 7. Sad to have missed... but you can come back so, not distraught.

You had brought along a small hamster and wanted to give him a ride on the model train in Germany.

Unfortunately, you did not take into account the low tunnels and there was an "incident".

Children were traumatized.

Hmmm....I've met you and I don't recall you being delusional, but that comment gives me pause for reconsideration. Actually, thanks. I just have some high standards after watching you, Liesa, Mark, Meghan, Liesa, Caroline, Ariane, Ariana....(oh crud, didn't realize it was gonna be such a long list) and several others...got tired of typing names. That's actually a good problem to have and a testament to all of you. Jury's still out on Jeff, but his is shaping up to be good also.

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

That is a high complement. Thanks, Doc!

An 8. I think one was VOL and that's a really sad one to miss and I know how much you wanted to see them.

Illuminations since it's ending, VOL, dinner at The Reef, and TT.

Jury's still out on Jeff, but his is shaping up to be good also.
The jury's been out on me for years :rotfl2:
But I'll take it as a compliment anyway.
FYI, I have my next update written, but haven't had a chance to sort through the pictures yet.

I'll say cinnamon roll and maple popcorn weren't done.

Maybe an 8 for being bummed?

You had to see Illuminations of course.
Plus, it was a Friday night so you wanted to Let It Go with Elsa :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter