May Hours - They stink!!!

Ya-hoo!! In exactly six weeks, I'll be getting ripped off by Disney and I can't wait!!!! My girls are walking through those gates for the first time ...and they are eating in that castle with the princesses and I can't wait!!!! BUT...I wouldn't mind getting a peak at those lengthy park hours sometime soon...and I can't wait!!!!!

Gee, timbud1 . . . if I didn't know better, I'd think you couldn't wait !!!! :teeth:

This is how we combat the early closing times. We have always gone in the month of May. About 4 to 5 years ago.... it started, we would book are flights, rental car, buy our tickets and reserve our room and then not go! We found this to be, shall we say, "most relaxing". No crowds to deal with! We are never disapointed if some ride is closed for rehab. When you don't go...you will never miss it or know it. And who cares if the price of water is a dollar more...or a dollar less. And the shrinking number of chicken strips! Heck, the way I plan our trip it's chicken...for everyone.

I can't wait, to not go on vacation again! I think I'm having
a Magical Moment....just thinking about it. :jester:

OK everybody!
What gives? We are going down for a wedding on May 10th,and staying at AllStar Music for three nights(will be our third stay there),and going to one park on sunday before heading home on monday.So what is all of this talk about the hours in may/and or the attractions? We usually go in October,and MK,MGM and AK usually close around 6 or 7.Epcot at 9 after illuminations. So is there a big difference in May? Are there some rides at MK closed?What about Epcot? SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know,so I can plan accordingly. We thought about going to MK,but if it is too crowded and too much shut down,we can go to Epcot.
I will appreciate any help and advice.
Remember we arrive on May 9-12,with our park day on sunday the 11th.

My secretary has a son who is presently fighting in Iraq, wonder what she would think about reduced hours at WDW.

I don't want to start an arguement as this has nothing to do with the original thread but what does she think about you going to WDW? What does she think about you or I complaining about traffic in the morning, what does she think about someone complaining that the copier is broken? What does she think about you being on a Disney board while her son is over there. Come on..... Yes, it sucks but I am a firm believer that we must continue our normal, daily lives and for some people that includes moaning and groaning about Disney hours ;)

You don't complain when your bank closes at 3pm do you? Or when Wal Mart or your grocery store only has 3 checkstands open?

Who doesn't :p

Personally, I always go offseason so I'm used to the cutbacks. Doesn't bother me one bit :D

kdibattista has it absolutely right. Don't use your secretary's missgivings about her son as a rebuttal to moaning about park hours.

Hey---- There are people dying all over the world right now in armed conflicts. People who didn't chose to sign up with any army, people who aren't supported at home, people who are innocent. If we shouldn't complain about park hours than you shouldn't complain about us complaining......

So is there a big difference in May? Are there some rides at MK closed?What about Epcot? SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know,so I can plan accordingly.
The last attraction closures were the Hunchback show (MGM) in October, and the Tapestry of Dreams parade (Epcot) this month. The Blizzard Beach rehab was extended to April 9th. I believe any other closures are rehabs. At MK, the most recent closure are Timekeeper and Carousel of Progress, though they do occasionally open at very busy times (not May).

Some restaurant hours have been cut, mostly for breakfast and lunch.

Future World has started closing at 6pm.

As for May, its difficult to say, because hours and show schedules have not been released yet. Speculation is that they will be shorter, hence Brian's preemptive strike with this thread.

Disney has stated they are seeing smaller crowds due to the increased terror alert a few months ago, as well as the (at the time) upcoming war with Iraq.

Hey-getta a life. The hours WDW works on aren't very important. I mean think about it- your complaining about the hours at the world greatest vacation destination- war or no war- don't you see this as a little whiney. I guess its all your perspective- I'm just thankful to have the opportunity and wherewithall to go to WDW, I won't worry about the hours of the Magic Kingdom.I think maybe were all( myself included) a little spoiled.Be greatful for what you got, don't b.... about what you don't. I need to go away from this thread, its making me crazy.:confused:

"I should just be grateful to be able to go and
not care about the park hours, ticket prices, cut
backs, etc., etc."

Just what ol'Mike E. and the beancounters over
at Team Disney want to hear.

And by the way, to me (and possibly many others),
the park hours are very important to my vacation.

Bill3--again, perhaps you are not realizing the intent that the OP had for this thread. Many people complain and complain when the park hours are released. This was his way of saying "tongue in cheek"-c'mon, post your complaints here and get them out of the way.

I, personally, found this thread very amusing and even poked a little fun at my own, somewhat, crazed planning of our trip (not in a post--but more thinking outloud at home).

I agree that I am very grateful that I can even enjoy one trip to WDW, let alone the 2 we will be taking in the next year.

Unfortunately there seems to be lots of threads on many boards lately with a less than happy attitude. I took the OP's thread to just poke a little fun at everyone-including me--who complains about it--that was all.

Hope you have a magical trip! :)

Yo Bill3, Dude...

Lighten up a little, man..

Take a chill pill or something and enjoy the thread for what it was meant to be - something to smile over...

>Originally posted by mudhen
>I should just be grateful to be able to go and
>not care about the park hours, ticket prices, cut
>backs, etc., etc."
>
>Just what ol'Mike E. and the beancounters over
>at Team Disney want to hear.
>
>And by the way, to me (and possibly many others),
>the park hours are very important to my vacation.

For me the park hours are very important too. I need them to decide on which day to plan which park. That has also to do with some priority seating locations. There are some restaurants where I want to eat for lunch or dinner. Before making some priority seating arrangements I want to know on which day I will be near which location.
At the time park hours come out, we know if and when there will be fireworks and Spectromagic. Its possible that there are very little, if any, days that I can see those evening shows. Its very important for me to be in the magic kingdom at the few days that the evening shows are scheduled.
A visit to Disneyworld for me is very expensive and I can't go every year. When I decide to go there I need to plan that trip several month before to be sure I can take free days at work.
If I can't catch the spectromagic Parade, I won't be seeing it for maybe two years.

OK, yes when you are at Disneyworld your are at the magic place. Shorter park hours or not, closed attractions or not. There will allways be Disney magic. Sure I know that.
But for the Disney magic I can also go to Disneyland Paris. Within six hours I can be within that magical place.
My visit to Disneyworld is not only about to be at the Disney magic. Its based on attractions that I want to see or ride. Especially I'm looking forward to new attractions, shows and parades. Allong with this I want to revisit the best attractions and shows that I'v seen before.

One of the highlights which was one of the reasons to book this trip was and is to see the Spectromagic Parade. Seeing the park hours for a while there is a chance that I'm not able to see it.
The case is that I don't know what to think about it. The release of the May hours will give me a confirmation about this all.
For example, if there is really no Spectromagic or fireworks at MK, I will maybe plan a day extra at MGM studios and a day less at the magic kingdom.

Hope that this will make clear how important park hours can be for some reasons.

Marcel.

:) I love the planning stage of the our trips to WDW. I had to make my PS early because we are a party of 10. I just assumed the shortest hours possible and went from there. Any extra time is excellent. We went last year the first week in May on MK had fireworks only on Sat. So I assumed same for this year. We will make the best of the hours we have.

The hours WDW works on aren't very important. I mean think about it- your complaining about the hours at the world greatest vacation destination- war or no war- don't you see this as a little whiney. I guess its all your perspective- I'm just thankful to have the opportunity and wherewithall to go to WDW, I won't worry about the hours of the Magic Kingdom.I think maybe were all( myself included) a little spoiled.Be greatful for what you got, don't b.... about what you don't.

I don't want to keep harping on this and I am sure that you have realized by now that this thread was suppose to be comical but you need to understand what people are saying. Are you saying that since you will be in the greatest vacation destination you will not complain about anything? You will not complain about it raining 6 of your 7 days, you won't comment when the shortest line is an hour and a half wait, you won't take a deep breath when the restaurant has screwed up your order for the second time and you certainly won't roll your eyes when the kid in front of you pukes on your shoe. I mean, heck, your in Disney... there's no complaining, right?

Please understand that the above is also meant to be humerous and no disrespect intended.....

Would anyone mind if I suggest we let this thread die a natural death? If no one else responds to this thread it will fall into the back pages. Some of us come here to enjoy fun and comraderie and are trying to escape the "negatives" in the real world.

I appreciate Brian's attempt to say just that in a tongue-in-cheek fashion. Unfortunately it was misinterpreted by some.

It would be nice if we had a board just for negatives and complaints but who in their right mind would want to pay good money for the hard drive space and bandwidth that would consume?

Let's find fun positve things to discuss, get away from finding fault with Disney and our family members here and leave the anger, hate, bitterness frustration and negative in the real world where we can't seem to escape it.;)

Thanks everyone

May is still considered in the winter time. So of course the times are shorter But you have less people and now with the war there will be lesser people. Have fun we won't be going until December but will have a great time when there.

Dan-tot

Don't even get me started with the June hours. They are just as bad if not worse!!!
Kim:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!