• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May I join?!?!?!

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I have only tried to lose weight twice in my whole life. Not that I didn't need to do so but I have no willpower in this area. I am "pooh-sized" and am beginning to develope some medical problems associated with my weight and age. DH needs to lose, too, and suggested that we do it together. Unfortunately, we are not much motivation for each other because we have different areas of need and our lives are filled to the max right now.

My three worst problems are:
1) too many Pepsi's (I usually drink 3-4 cans/day & can't tolerate "diet"
2) breakfasts (I like pastries and hefty breakfasts...don't do well on minimal or small portions early in the day)
3) I love to cook comfort foods and have a well-stocked kitchen at all times. I've modified my cooking techniques over the years but don't have a lot of time to develope new recipes or tastes.

This is what I've done in the past 2 weeks:
1) cut back to 2 Pepsi's per day (hey, it's a start.....)
2) force myself to eat at least 1 meal per day of a low-cal Subway sandwich or a frozen WW entree.
3) had the flu and lost 2 pounds (!)

So far, I have lost 7 pounds but I'm losing motivation fast. Need to lose lots more but don't know if I can stick with it.

Any suggestions? especially for a filling but fast breakfast???? I'm trying to drink water but I just don't like it. Going to WW or another support group is not an option for me and my family.

....and....oh..... I own and operate a candy business......

I'm glad you are going to join us, Claudia. I suppose your breakfast will depend on what sort of eating plan you choose. All weight loss eating plans are going to require that you give up <b>something</b> that you love, unfortunately.

I'm following the Atkins plan so for breakfast I eat eggs fried in butter and bacon, but no toast and jam or biscuits, or (my favorite...grits).

I know the WW point system offers a lot of variety but I'm not familiar with it.

Whichever program you choose, come here and comiserate with us. We're one big support group. Have you posted to the DIS WISH Challenge thread? <b>IT'S HERE</b>. Kelsie has designed a clipart that we get for our signatures every time we lose 5 pounds.

Working together we can do anything. I'm so glad you're going to be working with us :)

Sure! We're a fun, yet round, group!!

You really should eat a nutritious breakfast. It sets the stage for the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter