"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

Ack, I am with you, Schumi, don't think I'd ever wait in such a long line.

Enjoyed the beach pictures and the Universal ones. Sounds like a nice lunch, and well, a decent enough dinner. I don't like fish, let alone, not cooked, so that place would not be visited by me.

And yeah, love bugs. Ewww. I am glad when we have visited, has never been at those times they swarm.

And yep, our NYC days were perfect. And could not have asked for better weather. So happy you mum got to travel with you, if, indeed it was her last trip.

And yes, I have been so used to SUVs, I always feel like I'm too low, when in car. Though this last purchase would be a sedan, nope, very little bit smaller SUV.

I hear you with the car......we have always driven high powered sporty cars, so low and sleek has been super....although this new Porsche is blowing them all out the water!!! Very sporty and very fast!!! Haven`t even used Sport mode yet.….Tom says I`m not allowed.....lol.....but we do prefer the higher ride......

Yes, you got some lovely weather too in NY, glad you had such a nice trip with your daughter...….it`s such an amazing place......I think it will be mum`s last trip.....the flight and the hanging around before takes it out of her, but she did great.

We love fish......cooked or raw.....lol....but if you don't like something....you don't like it...….

We have seen the love bugs in September before, but only a few little annoying ones, this was like a plague and the apocalypse was coming!!!! Horrible things...…..I hate bugs of any kind...….

Glad you`re still reading along...... :)

TUESDAY MAY 14TH

Image result for thunderstorms memes

We slept amazingly well, but for such a short time...….we woke fairly early, much earlier than planned and did our usual shower routine......having the extra bathroom for Tom to use was a godsend!!! He could shave through there giving me both sinks and space......so much space!!!!

We wandered over to Club Lounge for breakfast and as we sat this morning, it seemed everyone came over to talk to us, staff members form other areas who we hadn't seen yet this trip, and two who had popped in to say hello as one of the staff had called to say we were in......it`s always so lovely to see everyone......and after everyone had gone a lady came over with a huge smile on her face and said we were like real celebrities in the lounge as everyone came over to see us and hug us, and she had seen it the previous time as well...….lol....I did laugh and say we do visit a lot......she was a very nice lady who was there for a few days after.....it was funny!!

So, we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast as we didn't really plan to do much in the parks this morning......we still hadn't decided which park we would go to yet, but it was only for the morning as we had plans to meet our friend in the afternoon, but we were in no rush. And this was one of the best things for us on our trips......it may not suit everyone, I understand some folks like to do the parks commando style, but not us......we enjoyed taking our time and taking in all the tiny details that is so easy to miss...….and just sit and watch the world go by....sometimes a very busy world with lots of rushing around.....

But, not for us...…..we leave the lounge and decide we`ll go to IOA today, so it means walking.…..and what a beautiful walk it is as always.....the air is very humid and we do now believe our friend when he said it was going to rain today...….it`s just in the air, it`s flaming hot of course, but there is a strange feel about the day...…..

We walk through the pool, which is probably our overall favourite pool of all the hotels...….Sapphire is beautiful but I think we just prefer the feel of this one......both have wonderful food options of course, so really can`t go wrong with either.

Looking across you can see just how pretty Sapphire Falls is, excluding the repair deck for the boats of course......lol...…..

i-Mqzg9xM-X2.jpg

It is humid this morning, and even after a few steps we can feel the heat building and we look on in amazement when 3 people jogging pass us by...….well, if they`re not jogging they`re very late for something....they didn't look particularly dressed for jogging.....but who knows......

Jogging seems odd to me..…..even my friends who jog mystify me...…

Related image

Although I believe just considering something doesn't mean I ever have to do it!!!! :rotfl:

The red plants below were planted many years ago......we watched them planted in the earth over one trip way back many years ago...so to see them the size they are now is lovely......the foliage around the hotels and walkways are beautiful and very lush.

i-zB3pqHq-X2.jpg

The walkways mirror the boat route, and it genuinely doesn't take long to walk......if you take the boat you go through a bag check at the dock of the hotel, when you walk you go through a security check to the side of Margaritaville......takes a few seconds either way.....

i-Gcp7Msj-X2.jpg

i-87V7hM7-X2.jpg

The walk into IOA is the prettiest around...….and there are a few lines as we are still fairly early...….but the lines move quickly and soon we are entering the store to cool down as we are feeling the heat already.....we will be glad to be only doing a half day here today...…..it is hot!!!!

The store is wonderfully cool and it is a pleasure to walk in......and we see the new display of merchandise from the much anticipated ride opening soon...…

They always have beautiful merchandise at Universal and of course I am sorely tempted by almost all of it!!!!

i-bsCMTjK-X2.jpg

I am tempted enough to buy a few select items for friends kids and grandkids......I do however decide the dog is just a little too big to carry home the three I would need to buy...…but, smaller items are alright.....

i-vHLrHtp-X2.jpg

i-ZW7WXKG-X2.jpg

We carry our little haul to the checkout and have them sent back to our room....they`ll be there tomorrow morning sometime. It`s a lovely little perk of being onsite...….

Once outside in the amazing heat that seems to have increased since we went into the store......but it was lovely at the same time......after all this was one of the main reasons we visit Orlando.

POE is beautiful......no question it is stunning and we love walking through it every time…….although the colours don't look as vibrant today as the cloud got more prevalent, it`s still pretty and you can still hear so many things if you listen...….

i-9qPQwgh-X2.jpg

Croissant Moon Bakery is a favourite place to eat breakfast or lunch for many folks...….they offer quick service sandwiches and croissants.....along with some very lovely bakery items.....very similar menu to the now closed Boulangerie in the studios.

i-3XnVrWS-X2.jpg

i-cTJMXC8-X2.jpg

We head down to the lagoon area and look across to see the havoc being wreaked around the JP visitors centre for the new coaster.....…….I know it`ll be fabulous, but the area was so beautiful looking over from this side of the lagoon...…..the trees were beautiful...….

i-prqmJd8-X2.jpg

And of course Mythos is as always stunningly beautiful and such an impressive building...….

i-H2ScfHJ-X2.jpg

i-QnCR2p6-X2.jpg

So, such a beautiful morning and we really did take our time wandering around this quiet area of the park...….it really is blissful and very peaceful walking down here, although listening to the screams of everyone on The Hulk is wonderful to listen to while we do enjoy the tranquility of this little area……..

And The Hulk is our first stop this morning...…...

Coming up next...……..quite a short update.....I seem to be busier than planned today!!!! :wave2:

Today was proving to be a very dull day, but so hot...….I always love pictures when the sky is that vivid blue colour, that gives you no doubt it`s hot...….but it was still lovely for now...…..

Our first stop was The Hulk and I didn't pay attention to the regular wait times, but it was busier than we expected it to be. Some days it surprises you just how large the lines are, so when someone reports they did the whole park in one day with no lines, yes, well done.....but it`s not always possible......so for us, even on so called quiet times EP is something we won`t do the parks without.

i-8Vg9VNx-X2.jpg

We got the front row today purely by fluke.....usually we ask for it, but we got chatting to a couple beside us and we were just given the front......and it is so cool...….we love this ride......I often reminisce that excluding Indiana Jones in DLP many, many years ago when the park first opened, this was the first big coaster I ever went on......it was terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time......the take off is unlike no other for me...….I still find the last portion a little bumpy on the brain at times, but it`s a case of bracing and trying to not bash your head, and if I can do that.....I`m fine...….

Tom and Kyle can do this numerous times, as I used to be able to do too......but now, twice maybe three times and I`m done......I could do more, but if I want to ride other rides that same day....it`s best to limit them. But, this coaster is worth a little head bashing......it has good drops, good turns and best of all the take off!!!

This is a one and done this morning as we don't plan to be here all day, so we head over to Dr Doom. We love this ride...…...

It gets a lot of bad press for being too short, not enough fun and similar comments...….we love it!!!! Yes, it`s short, but we think it`s fun......and love when the guy gives you a fake countdown....especially if you`re on with a newbie...….hearing those screams amuses us no end...….yes, we have a wicked side!!!!

i-TR2mbFp-X2.jpg

This is one ride we can`t do just once......I would be too embarrassed to tell you how many times we did it in a row one day few years back!!! It was a lot!! Didn't beat Kyle`s 26 times run on DD many years ago......I gave up after the third run that day if I remember correctly!!! But, today we do Doom twice...….so much fun!!

I wasn't sure we had ever taken the picture of Stan Lee Blvd before, so asked Tom to snap it while we were here......

i-qGf7cWX-X2.jpg

Then, a firm favourite……….Spider-Man...…..

Who doesn't love Spider-Man......yes, it`s screens which some folks seem to think are the devil incarnate......but some screen rides are good and this is one of them......the story is an old one, but hey....the oldies are the best aren't they...…..

We walk straight on today and the regular line was showing 40 minutes, which is a fair amount of time to wait...….we are on the back row of the vehicle and laughed the whole way around......

i-8mjDhCq-X2.jpg

And of course you never know who you`ll run into in line...…...

The picture below was December......and there was no one else around, so we had a good interaction until the next folks wandered in....but so unexpected and a whole lot of fun!!!

i-pw3MPfW-X2.jpg

Spider-Man interactions are always amazing.....he is one of the best there is, and Universal does all their character interactions brilliantly......we haven't had a bad experience yet, and they have always been wonderful and totally memorable.

i-JhxZfRK-X2.jpg

We buy a bottle of water each and wander slowly round to Toon Lagoon....this has got to be one of the most colourful places around.....and most photographed according to my husband...…..I think we have it covered.

We never eat in the Comic Street Café, the menu doesn't appeal and it is usually too early for us anyway when we pass through this area...…

i-GqT7RZf-X2.jpg

i-KdqDkXZ-X2.jpg

Popeye is one of the areas I hear a lot of folks saying their kids don't know the characters very well...….and I actually can`t remember when the cartoon was last shown over in the UK on any channel......so I can see why lots of folks kids might not recognise them.....but it`s still a hugely popular ride and I think folks at least know Popeye and Olive Oyl…..

i-jMJTFPx-X2.jpg

We aren't riding it today......you just get too wet...…..but......we do like to stand at the bridge over the water and see unsuspecting folks getting drenched beyond belief...….and most do...….the way the barge rolls, it is just your luck which side you sit on as to whether you end up getting the deluge of water on top of you...…..

i-b2qSwQX-X2.jpg

It is funnier when folks don't have ponchos on....and even better when they don't know it`s coming...….we have roared with laughter at many folks getting drenched with that cold water...….and it always amazes us how angry some folks get when they do get drenched...…

I swear we saw this face many times!!!!!!
Image result for angry face gif

We stand here as long as we can before deciding we had laughed enough at folks reactions...…

Now, they have a TM roaming around this area......and we had one stand for a while with us......and I think our laughter is contagious...….she was trying not to laugh at the guests getting drenched and annoyed, but it was too hard not to...…..we are naughty!!!! Or so we`ve been told....many times...…..

I think most folks enjoy it though....or seem to.

We only do water rides when we concentrate on them and them only....then head back home to get changed.....you can spend a good few hours just doing the three water rides around this park......all are a lot of fun. This one has no drop though, the other two have fairly large drops which we do wish were higher of course...…..

Wandering around the rear of Me Ship the Olive is quiet, or it used to be quiet......now there are folks wandering around too...….but there are some cute things around and usually quiet...….

i-fw4BHPH-X2.jpg

i-JP6sSrp-X2.jpg

And again, so many little details to catch around...….I have posted many more before in other trip reports, but wont post them all again......I`d be here all day!!!!

i-7JhBH2w-X2.jpg

The day looks so dull here.…..and one friend who has never been to Florida or America even said it looks cold...….when we have dull skies over here, it`s usually cool.....so if you haven't experienced the heat and humidity of these areas it`s hard to imagine just how hot it gets.

i-6Q2tq9V-X2.jpg

i-V298JC9-X2.jpg

The work going on around the JP visitors centre is certainly interesting.....I was curious about the one tree they had left in the centre of the now empty expanse of land.....I`m sure it`ll be incorporated into the new ride......details will follow of course...….

But for now, it`s not so pretty...….

i-j3FQbMW-X2.jpg

i-BKhXQ9b-X2.jpg

We take our time and wander out of the area and of course Tom has his required picture where he poses in feigned exasperation......he doesn't do exasperated very well!!!!

i-QTWvvvj-X2.jpg

We have a quick bathroom stop and then wander round to Kong.....

This isn't a favourite ride......it`s alright......and one you should keep your mouth closed on as you go through some of the scenes...lots of flying "water" around..

i-QsdRqg8-X2.jpg

The EP line can get backed up here at times, and if it`s longer than say 10-15 minutes, we won`t wait...….but walk on is fine.....and today it is a walk on, although when we come out we heard someone say the EP line is long......we did have a delay on the ride right beside Kong himself......so that must have impacted something a little.....

This is a one and done...….it is an alright ride, and visually it is clever, but Kong isn't a favourite story of mine.....although I do remember crying my eyes out watching the Jessica Lange version when I was younger!!! But the later movies don't work for me...…..

JP is classic. Again, I watch the movies, but not my thing......however the ride is so enjoyable...….and don't let anyone tell you that you`ll get soaked or you`ll remain dry…….it varies every single ride!!!!! Some times you`ll get drenched.....sometimes you`ll get soaked....sometimes you`ll get sprinkled......and sometimes you`ll remain dry when everyone around you is soaked...…..so you never know...….

i-dW4JLBp-X2.jpg

We do go on this today......no need to drop off bags today as I only have a cross over......we don't like the very front as Tom`s knees bash against the front, so we get the back row...….and it`s not too busy and we don't have a full boat today...….

It starts off slow and gentle with a short meander around some lovely friendly dinosaurs among beautiful tropical and lush foliage......and then of course you veer off course and then the fun starts...….

This is one of our favourite drops in all the rides around......and we don't get wet at all today.....we come off bone dry much to the consternation of the folks in the row in front of us who are mildly soaked......lol.....

And we only do one ride again as we don't want to tempt fate and get soaked.....something we see the irony of later...…...

As we head round to Potter we see the utter devastation of the beautiful trees that once swathed the path in shade all the way through this area...…..it doesn't look pretty right now...….but again, when it`s done it`ll be stunning I`m sure.

The Raptor Experience which is very good, has been relocated opposite to where it was before......you can`t miss it and it`s well signposted.....

i-jJ65qLC-X2.jpg

Looking back as we leave the area and have a glance back behind us......we know September might not see a difference in this view, but this time next year it should look different then...….

i-Xjz92VP-X2.jpg

More coming up...……….

It never fails. Every time I read your trip reports, I notice new details. Your pictures call attention to little things I am likely to overlook in the excitement of being there.

More great pictures. Love seeing the color in the parks. Yep, I only ride those wet rides, when I want to get wet, and that includes JP. Though, like you, it's a crap shoot. Most of the time, we are dry, or just a little wet. We never like to sit in the front row.

One summer, my kids road it several times, as the TM let them stay on the ride.

I love it when it's hot, too.

The love Bugs in May yuck!! Some areas more than others,they flocked to and it was gross!!

It looks like some lovely days again for you and Tom!

I’m excited to spend some time at Universal in August, the heat will be oppressive but we love it overall!!

Enjoying all the beautiful pictures!

And of course, on to Potter........

I quite like coming in this way, as you get your first glimpse of the castle from behind as you leave the JP area....the wooden walls don't exactly look so pretty here either......

i-HXWV9tt-X2.jpg

And of course, the bridge in front of the Castle is where everyone wants their pictures taken......it is a beautiful backdrop and you can see why everyone wants the shot.......

i-j79h78K-X2.jpg

i-gpLHkn6-X2.jpg

We head into do the ride after the obligatory pictures all around.....most people are friendly and will wait till others are done.....today we saw a very brusque couple almost shove a younger couple out of the way to get the shot they wanted...….rude. But, the younger couple held their own and wouldn't be moved on till they were done...….good for them.....a little patience goes a long way....I didn't think they had been too long either!!

i-GcJrq3z-X2.jpg

We do the EP line today, and it`s around 10 minutes till we get on the ride, not bad at all as we stopped along the way for some pictures.....

We all love this ride. It can induce some nausea with some people, myself included, but it is a phenomenal ride with some spectacular scenes along the way...….you do feel as if you are flying on certain scenes. The spider scene, I do close my eyes......not fond of spiders......and the down side of this is, when I close my eyes it makes my nausea if I do have it worse...….some folks find closing their eyes when getting motion sickness helps, the opposite works for me......keep my eyes open and fix on something still and not moving.....usually the seat in front on spinny rides...….

All the other scenes we love...….and the one scene that does make me a little off, is when you swoop back into the castle......but it`s a ride I can twice in a row.....usually that`s my limit. Tom and Kyle again, could ride all day...

It`s another one we do once today...….we didn't buy the ride picture as we only ever buy them when it`s the three of us in December....and it was a doozy......lol......I look like death!!!!! Not quite sure what the face was doing there...….lol...…...

We come out and manage to see the frog choir for the first time in a while......they are very good, if you`ve never caught the show, it`s worth seeing....as are all the shows around the parks......

We have a wander into the store here....usually it`s busy even on quiet days.....but today it isn't too bad....you have room to move around and not feel you are getting in people`s way all the time or vice versa.....

i-FCTsCvZ-X2.jpg

This book did scare the living daylights out of a little boy who`s dad rather weirdly told him it didn't move.....so he got his face right up against the cage...…..I stood till it did move...……:rotfl:

Image result for scared kid face meme

The dad wasn't popular at all......but it was so funny...…..

i-jdCSkjQ-X2.jpg

i-FQ5qGp7-X2.jpg

I couldn`t remember if we went into the 3B`s for a lemonade or pumpkin fizz today, but as there`s no pictures I assume it was another day!!!

We did have a good look at the new icons for the new ride opening soon.....it does look good....and of course it`s open now and getting rave reviews from most people. We look forward to trying it out in September...

i-TLC4GTJ-X2.jpg

We have so many pictures of Hogsmeade over the years, and we never tire of seeing it......it is beautiful and evokes so many memories of the movies.....we love the movies even though we aren't the biggest Potter fans......we always have the desire to watch them when we get home after every trip...….I read all the books as Kyle read them, and loved them.....love everything about the theme and they are so well written....I know Kyle and all his friends along with most kids on the planet totally absorbed everything about them. Even kids that weren't regular readers seemed to want to participate in them.....can see why. We were very lucky Kyle was always a reader from a very young age......but phenomenal books. People also say the audio books are excellent too. I`ve never used them I have to say.

i-J2Fx7S8-X2.jpg

The line for the train is non existent this morning, but as we take some pictures they begin to bring out the barrier lines and organise them into lines, I guess they were expecting folks soon to have to wait......and the whole area was getting busier as we left.

i-gqk2FmW-X2.jpg

We could see some activity from Hagrid`s Hut this morning...…a whole load of steam was intermittently swooshing out of the side......

i-RChqBkM-X2.jpg

i-SwwRtNq-X2.jpg

The short walk to the Talking Fountain is disappointing as he is down for repair...…..there are a few disappointed looks around as it is such a little attraction on it`s own.…..I love the humour of him, and can sit for ages just listening to him interact with children and adults alike.....when Tom and Kyle used to do DD many more times than my rattled head could take, I`d sit here and just let the time flow past till they were done.....not the comfiest of seats as you do have to sit on rocks.....not very soft!!!

i-XkXFzWG-X2.jpg

i-7GbPLH8-X2.jpg

i-pc6ZBHT-X2.jpg

One of my favourite places is where the Sindbad Show used to be.....this area is huge and who knows what plans they have for it long term......I`m sure in time we`ll all find out.

i-72QqBcw-X2.jpg

i-9nrTgk9-X2.jpg

There are lots of little quiet areas and again, so much detail that is hidden...….we wander here for 20 minutes or so and are again surprised that a few people do wander up here and not for the smoking area over the other side. It`s a peaceful little haven and one where I`m sure it`ll disappear to be replaced with a new attraction one day.

Fire Eaters Grill is somewhere we ate in many years ago......we did enjoy the food but sitting outside is not something we enjoy.....it was too hot and we had no shade that day....so not pleasant......but the food is good and I do remember the spicy chicken was indeed spicy...

We`d maybe try it again as a snack, but not a meal, only because there is no indoor seating anywhere.

i-j59SXTt-X2.jpg

Treasures of Poseidon is a store we venture into far too infrequently......it is a gem with some lovely little hidden gems...….and usually quiet too.

i-SgRt8h8-X2.jpg

i-JpSqBJt-X2.jpg

i-MrWWnzZ-X2.jpg

Mythos is such a beautiful building, and I gather the sign above the entrance has finally been changed.....it was a little outdated to say the least......we have given it a miss for a while and will go back at some point, but not yet.....

But, to head round the rear of the building and look over the lagoon is very pretty and usually quiet.....except for the recording of the wailings of the Troll under the bridge that you can hear......they are awesome!!!!

i-8w4HdfM-X2.jpg

More to follow...…….

It never fails. Every time I read your trip reports, I notice new details. Your pictures call attention to little things I am likely to overlook in the excitement of being there.

lol......

I can give Tom the credit for most....but occasionally I do point a few things out to him that he doesn't notice.....

Universal and IOA has so many tiny little details and hidden gems, its hard to not be impressed with the theming...….

More great pictures. Love seeing the color in the parks. Yep, I only ride those wet rides, when I want to get wet, and that includes JP. Though, like you, it's a crap shoot. Most of the time, we are dry, or just a little wet. We never like to sit in the front row.

One summer, my kids road it several times, as the TM let them stay on the ride.

I love it when it's hot, too.

Oh hot weather and me go like coffee and cream......love it!!! Some friends who are local laugh and always remind us they love the cooler months, which of course I can understand...….

The water rides are fun.....but you`d be dryer jumping into the pool instead of going on Bluto`s Barges!!!! If you get one drenching you get them all......

I couldn't imagine being soaked and then wandering the rest of the day in the parks...….

The love Bugs in May yuck!! Some areas more than others,they flocked to and it was gross!!

It looks like some lovely days again for you and Tom!

I’m excited to spend some time at Universal in August, the heat will be oppressive but we love it overall!!

Enjoying all the beautiful pictures!

They are gross!!! We noticed around water they positively thrived!!! One day beside Richter Burger they were everywhere and some kids were freaking out as they just surrounded them......horrible things!!

Oh I can`t wait for you to go back to Universal...….you`ll have such fun with Andi...…..you`ll be fine with the heat...….you`re a seasoned traveller and know how to deal with it...….we did July once and August twice and it was fine...….we just tempered our days with the heat and drank lots of water and shade and it was all good. You`ll love it I`m sure...…..

Yes, we did have some lovely days......we were loving this trip again...….:wave2:

Wow, what a nice gesture to receive a Mother's Day card from the staff. The clouds at the beach looked pretty awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a nice gesture to receive a Mother's Day card from the staff. The clouds at the beach looked pretty awesome!

Yes, it was lovely of them......we know a lot of them so well, and value them a lot. And I have to admit to tearing up when I read some of the lovely comments the ones we are closest too had written.....so lovely.

Yes, those clouds were amazing to see....you could feel the atmosphere all around us......fabulous to watch though!!!

It is really lovely how they designed the reveal of the castle, somebody should get a raise! Didn’t realize they moved the raptor encounter. Please tell me it’s now under FOTL perk :)

Have a love, hate relationship with popeye ride. Always look as tho i’ve fallen into a swimming pool. not to mention the walk of shame out of park, shorts drooping, shirt sticking lol

It is really lovely how they designed the reveal of the castle, somebody should get a raise! Didn’t realize they moved the raptor encounter. Please tell me it’s now under FOTL perk :)

Have a love, hate relationship with popeye ride. Always look as tho i’ve fallen into a swimming pool. not to mention the walk of shame out of park, shorts drooping, shirt sticking lol

It wasn't when we were there.....sorry!!!

Oh my goodness, we`ve all been there with that look haven't we...…:laughing: few years back we slopped back to the hotel drenched to the bone and someone who knew me vaguely shouted hello.....yes, she looked perfect....always the way isn't it!!!

Dr Seuss is of course the most colourful place in the park.....but today, again, it`s not just as vibrant looking as it`s so dull.....we definitely think the rain will appear later today…...but for now it`s still quite pleasant......

As we head in to the area we hear a voice call our name......it was Rob from Valet at RP......now, if you`ve been going to RP for a lot of years, or even a few years, you`ll know Rob…..he has worked there forever!!! Super nice guy and we had run into him a lot these past few trips and every time we did he was always surprised we were back again.....lol.....we chatted to him and his wife for a while before setting off again and they headed to Potter.....very nice couple.

i-v6nrP7T-X2.jpg

It is almost completely deserted here right now.....so we wonder if we should do the trolley train and CiTH…..but one look at the sky convinces us it`s time to leave...….we plan to walk to the boats before they get stopped due to lightning, get changed and go meet our friend.

Best laid plans.

i-gNgMLqg-X2.jpg

i-m96S726-X2.jpg

Circus McGurkus is another place we don't tend to eat in. I only know a few people who do eat there and most have kids.....it is quite cool seeing the train ride above you and kids do love to wave at you while you go round.....

i-WNt9TzH-X2.jpg

We were beginning to think we needed to get a wiggle on about now.....the whole atmosphere had changed and it felt very humid and unpleasant about now......

i-p82ZW34-X2.jpg

i-WKxBdPP-X2.jpg

Although...…..we did think why don't we have lunch here and avoid the weather that was surely arriving soon!!!!

Image result for bright idea meme

Confisco Grill is lovely......it has a beautiful interior, very cool and staff are always (usually) lovely.....plus we like the food. It has a good menu and loads of choices......I had only been disappointed once and that was genuinely a one off.

i-HpGztz4-X2.jpg

i-7fNTqvc-X2.jpg

i-36cFpnq-X2.jpg

We got a booth at the back of the restaurant which is where we like to eat, and we saw we had just missed the one waiter we didn't have a good experience with on a previous trip......but the lady we had today welcomed us back as she knew us vaguely......I think the Scottish accent is a bit of a giveaway...….lots of people remember that.

Tom ordered coke and I went for Fanta...…..

i-3ZCbJ8q-X2.jpg

Although the place is very cool temperature wise, I always think it has such a warm feeling about it......everyone is friendly and the managers come around a lot to check on you.....well, we find that anyway.

i-fqP8CGJ-X2.jpg

We are so predictable in here...…..Tom goes for the Croissant Moon Sandwich, and I, after practically choosing every item on the menu to avoid getting my regular chicken and shrimp sandwich.....do in fact order the chicken and shrimp sandwich......yep...…

i-Z3R7KBv-X2.jpg

i-9t3kVKh-X2.jpg

Food is good......and she does eventually remember my side portion of jalapenos...….can`t have this sandwich without them!!!

We have a nice lunch as we usually do and when we have declined dessert and paid we head back out to the now very ominous sky.

The predicted storm hadn't arrived while we were in enjoying lunch......of course it hadn`t.

i-XjptV26-X2.jpg

i-V8J2bgS-X2.jpg

There was a quick flash of lighting as we headed out of POE, so we knew the boats would be stopped by now.....so we would walk to RPR and then through the building to Sapphire...….

We had just walked past the security check and we felt a few little drops of rain on our faces...…...and as we turned the first corner on the pathway to the hotels......

The highest wind and torrential downpour I had ever seen or felt, appeared instantaneously at the same time...…..holy moly this was strong and it was thrashing the trees all around us and branches were being torn off in front of us...….all the while we could barely walk with the force of it and the strength of the rain whipping us at the same time.....

Related image

Only it felt worse than what Dorothy had gone through......we had to turn back and head for the security check area...….the poor folks there told us to hide underneath as the storm only seemed to get worse before our very eyes...…..

And for around ten minutes the wind and rain only increased more and soaked us from every direction, so much so a voice came over the tannoy telling every employee if they had a cover to put up around their station to now put it up and included all security stations.

So, our two officers who had been very kind in letting us shelter, although the sideways rain had no let up for us....they put the sides together with zips as another family appeared like drowned rats looking for some shelter from the ongoing storm...….

i-G6bkPp7-X2.jpg

We all got to know each other well in such a confined space!!!

i-d6m4VXQ-X2.jpg

After around 25 minutes we decided the rain had subsided enough for us to make our way to the hotel, we thanked the security officers for the shelter and headed out...….although it was still coming down, at least the trees weren't trying to side swipe us now!!!

We got drenched...….totally drenched......Bluto Barge jump in the pool wet......yep, soaked...….

By the time we reached the lobby of RP we looked like we had jumped in the pool...…..but thankfully, they always have the huge pile of warm towels to dry everyone off.…….and we needed them...….

As we walked in to the lobby we ran straight into our friend who did laugh a little at the sight of us drenched and wrapped in towels......lol.....well, he had warned us it was going to do this!!! We were laughing too as we were well aware how ridiculous we looked......it was funny...….although I was now shivering.....actually shivering...….

I really am a lizard!!!!

Brief chat and we head over to Sapphire still with the towels wrapped around us.....we did get some strange looks from some of the conference people out of the ballrooms...…..one woman did make what she thought was a hilarious comment when she saw us and another family behind us...…….no one else around her laughed funnily enough......she got the look...…..

Image result for sarcastic thanks meme

But, we got back to our room and turned the heat up.....I was so cold!!!!

We got showered and had a lovely afternoon with a friend and that couple of hours passed so quickly!!!!

Tonight was going to be Longhorn and Strong Water...

I'm sure it was not fun to be in that weather but the pre-storm pictures look amazing - the contrast between the bright colors in Seussland with the grey, foreboding clouds...

Seussland was actually one of my more favorite areas. My 10 year old said mom, what WILL you ride? I said anything in Seuss bud, so we went on ALL the Seuss rides. He said finally, I get to ride something with you. lol. Mama's not a coaster person.

Cat in the Hat was my favorite, what a well done ride and not just for the AC!

I'm sure it was not fun to be in that weather but the pre-storm pictures look amazing - the contrast between the bright colors in Seussland with the grey, foreboding clouds...

Lol......we laughed so hard all the way back!! What else can you do......I forgot to say we passed folks sheltering under the bridge who looked less than happy at the weather and said they didn’t see why we were laughing......:rotfl:

Just made us laugh all the more!

The clouds were striking. We love a good storm, but being caught up in it was different from sitting looking out at it from the warmth of a room or a bar........:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter