"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

I so agree with everything you say....and Macy`s....yes, what happened to that store...it used to be alright!!! I looked at a dress in there, more skater style I guess......it was $200. I wouldn't have paid $50 for it!!!

Yes, the policy is weird.....it is on their website in some obscure page that no photography or filming is allowed...but a friend said he thought that statement was more for professional shoots who must get permission.

Yes, crazy I can be in the picture......I guess they haven't heard of photoshop!!! I didn't know they tried a dress policy???? Crikey that is even weirder......I know it`s a nicer mall, but if you have money to spend it shouldn't matter how you dress.....doubt they`d turn Kim Kardooda away and we all know how she dresses at times...….eeek!!!!!

I can understand security issues in certain situations and I know there are sensitive areas in some buildings that common sense tells you not to picture....but a shopping Mall!!!!! Doesn't make sense.....I know what you mean when you say the places in Cali that don't allow pictures....makes you not want to go, like you we love taking pictures of everything, and if it makes sense I`d understand....but this just doesn't.

And yes, I guess I`ll be breaking the rules in December too as Kyle will want to go, so we will, we saw everyone take pictures of it last couple of years......crazy......

:wave2:

When I was a kid and it was still Filene’s I remember that’s the place you’d get nice dresses or my parents would get work clothes, but now I wouldn’t even bother.

Yeah a lot of places have rules against professional shoots, but what could it possibly violate privacy wise for a picture of the outside of a mall to get out? Everyone can see the mall. But the same picture would be okay as long as someone stood in it. It would make more sense if they said none at all. :confused3

Yes when the mall first opened they tried instituting a dress code because it’s supposed to be a higher end mall, but I guess that changed quickly. (I heard about it in someone’s vlog). Just seems ridiculous they obviously want your money, and just because you’re dressed casually shouldn’t mean you can’t come in. They probably reversed that when it started costing them since many people don’t dress up for the mall.

I guess I don’t really understand not letting people take pictures at tourist attractions (unless there’s a good reason) so I just skip those places. For some of them I wonder if the attraction isn’t that good and they don’t want people to know :rotfl: (Judging by reviews) plus you can always see pictures online so people don’t even follow the rules.

I know it’s their policy but I still wonder if that guy was just overzealous. I bet it won’t happen again, and like I said I took pictures there too. Also as another person mentioned your pictures help people find out about the mall so they should thank you! (I think your TR is how I found out about the mall).

With the early weird part of our day behind us, we did put it out of our mind......well, I say that.....I found I couldn't really snooze as it was annoying me a little. Which annoyed me even more as usually I don't let things I can`t control bother me too much.....lol....so it was a vicious circle...….but it was nice just resting for a little while in a darkened room!! Tom watched tv in the sitting room....I think he found an episode of the original Star Trek and was hooked. Of course.

But, eventually I got up and showered and changed, and it wasn't too long till we were ready to go.

We always love to try new restaurants, and even better when it`s a personal recommendation from someone who`s opinion we trust...…and a few days before one of the managers of Strong Water had mentioned a place in Winter Garden, and we hadn't heard of it before. He had worked with the man who is the head chef before and from speaking to us, he and Fernando knew it was somewhere we would both enjoy a lot.

It was the Chef`s Table at The Edgewater and this place had an amazing reputation and booking was definitely recommended. So when we had looked at the menu we knew we would love it, so Mike had made the booking for us and spoke to his former colleague about the allergies I had and they said they wouldn't be an issue.....so we were very much looking forward to it. He said to make sure and ask for Matt when we went in as he would look out for us.

It was hot when we went outside for the car, and then set off on the drive to Winter Garden...…..the roads were fairly quiet and not as busy as expected. It only takes around 30 minutes to drive here, maybe more maybe less depending on the route you take I guess...….but it was pleasant. And Downtown Winter Garden is beautiful...…..

We surprisingly hadn't been here before. We had driven through the main area where 4Rivers is, but this part is very pretty and scenic. And a very warm and welcoming feel about it.

We had been told parking could or maybe tricky, there was nowhere to park directly at the restaurant, but we did get parked a 5 minute walk away, so quite handy. There is on street parking and I`m sure we saw a sign for a car park, but this was ideal and as we were early (we usually are) we managed to have a wander around a few of the little stores in the town. And it was beautiful.

As soon as we stepped out the car, the heat almost imprinted itself on us, this was bliss......but the dress I was wearing wasn't the finest of materials and felt quite heavy on tonight....but it was lovely and we already knew we would want to come back to this beautiful little town.

i-8mC4JDV-X2.jpg

i-Kvg32Rr-X2.jpg

There is a plethora of stores and all unique and the design of the stores all fit in to this quaint little town......it was beyond pretty. And folks were so friendly everywhere...….

There is a store in Mount Dora that we love that sells all sorts of Olive oils and balsamic vinegars.…..it is beautiful and this town had a similar store only a little smaller but much prettier. The ladies who ran it were extremely nice and when we said we weren't buying anything tonight they were still chatty and encouraged us to look around and try the vast range of products...….we would come back here and try some of the produce....it was a lovely little store called The Sacred Olive.

i-NKMQRkq-X2.jpg

i-tJsxBDF-X2.jpg

i-ZQ5ndF2-X2.jpg

We wished we`d had more time to peruse, but it was near our reservation time so we wandered across the street and found the building.

It is right on the main street, called a rather vapid, bland and non descriptive address of West Plant Street...….you say a name like Ocean View or Mountain Plain and your mind portrays a rather splendid image.....but this one inspired me to think of industry, when nothing could be further from the truth, it was a beautiful street.

And you couldn't miss the green canopied restaurant.

i-QGrVDPp-X2.jpg

We walked in to a rather busy front bar...….and at the desk I saw the man awaiting us had Matt written on his jacket, so we had found our man...…..I said I believe you`re expecting us......he smiled and came out from behind the desk and said our names and welcomed us to the restaurant...….he was as nice as we had been told and he immediately took us through the back of a rather large restaurant that belied it`s original impression...….and then through again to the very private area that housed 3 chef`s tables……...we chatted about Mike who he had worked with previously and we told him how much we loved Sapphire and of course Strong Water Bar...…..he surely hoped we would enjoy our meal and said he`d come back and check on us and brought in our waiter for the evening, Ryan.

We loved it here immediately...….the personal welcome was lovely and the ambience of the restaurant worked for us and it was very intimate in here, which we liked. At the moment we were alone, but one of the other tables was soon occupied by a mother and daughter. The third table lay vacant till we left.

Tom had opted to drive tonight, we did plan to go back to Strong Water later so we would get a bottle of wine then......but for me I had a lovely couple of glasses of Pinot Noir, while Tom stuck to water. he`s not a huge fan of coke type drinks so water would be fine for him.

The Chef`s Table menu is a 3 course set dinner with four options for each course. The appetisers for me, weren't something I`d normally choose but it was nice having something a little different for a change.

i-NwLnfnj-X2.jpg

i-vkgrP2N-X2.jpg

Tom is very keen on his water!!!!

i-zP7SNdb-X2.jpg

Tom`s appetiser was a mushroom and chive crepe torte.....it had a roasted shallot cream and truffle salt and almost looked like a triangular lasagne…….

It was unusual for him to have anything vegetarian as we do like a meat or fish appetiser usually, but this had appealed to him and he absolutely loved it.....I couldn't try it as it had onion in it, but he cleared the plate.....

i-GQ72H4g-X2.jpg

Mine was a frisee salad with an assortment of beets and the sauce was beautiful.....

i-n2jftFM-X2.jpg

There was no rushed feeling in here either, and I could have talked wines with our waiter all night.....he was knowledgeable without being too effusive.

Our entrees arrived with a perfect amount of time between courses, and I had ordered the fish which tonight was Tile fish, one I had never tried before......and came served atop a beautiful rice dish adorned with crab which was one of the tastiest dishes I had ever tried...….

i-G6Ld2W2-X2.jpg

Tom had of course opted for the filet......

The pictures aren't the clearest as it was a very romantically lit restaurant.....and we just wanted to eat to be honest...….

i-t58ZGjN-X2.jpg

Both dishes were glorious. Tom`s filet could be mistaken for butter as it was so soft and full of flavour…...not over seasoned at all which is sometimes the case. But he had asked for medium rare tonight and it was ideal for him.

My fish was soft and creamy while flaky in texture......perfect, and that rice.....I could have eaten that meal every night for a month!!!!

Matt came in just as we had finished our entrees and we assured him we had indeed loved every second of our experience tonight......he really was a nice man who had a genuine passion for the restaurant......the owners were there too and seemed like very nice people too. No wonder this place gets amazing reviews.

We then ordered our desserts...….I went for the crème brulee and Tom the cheesecake...…

i-fvQTnpd-X2.jpg

i-QhN67QX-X2.jpg

I cannot for the life of me remember what the crème brulee flavour was, but it did have a flavour and the cheesecake was white chocolate and something......I didn't write them down...……..of course not!!!!

Image result for the biggest lie i tell myself is i don't need to write that down

They were a treat.

Crème brulee was perfect and for me a good judge of a restaurant indeed if they can get the top correct. Tom`s cheesecake was creamy and well balanced so it didn't feel to heavy after our other two courses, so it was nice to have a dessert like that.

The whole meal was blissful. It truly had been one of the nicest restaurants we had ever been in. We like unique and we like different.....although we do like chains at times too....but places like this are true gems and keep their well deserved reputations by keeping up high standards like this...….we would absolutely come back.

We thanked Ryan and paid the check which was a lot less than we thought it would be.....such a meal could easily be served at a higher price. It was worth every cent.

A quick bathroom visit and we looked for Matt to say thank you and good night.....he was waiting for us at the door and we had a lovely chat before he showed us out of this wonderful restaurant. He said he hoped to see us again and they would keep our details on file so when we booked again they`d know it was us, with allergies this is ideal as it saves going through them every time. So, once again we thanked him for a lovely meal and we set off for a wander in the centre of this lovely little area.

It was a beautiful Friday evening and the singer was indeed very good.....people were just sat around listening or singing along. Some were lazing on the grass with blankets, others were lounging on the many benches strewn around and it was just a lovely atmosphere...…

i-W9NRRkh-X2.jpg

We, as always, got chatting to many people around the town and every single one of them were beyond friendly and keen to chat. The Scottish connection keeps coming up with many people talking of how they have family there or their family originated there......it`s always lovely to hear these stories...…and yes, one lady did ask if we might know her family name......I have to say we admitted we hadn't heard of anyone by that name. Bless her.

One other couple offered to take our picture and made us check we were happy with the image before they headed off for their evening.....people are so nice.

i-GvztsJC-X2.jpg

i-57V4SHK-X2.jpg

The last of the daylight made the place even prettier, and we were loathed to leave to be honest......

This was a town we will come back to. I`d love to visit for lunch one day, and then dinner at the Edgewater again another night. They have a beautiful regular tasting menu which appealed to us a lot, so I`m not sure whether we will do that or the chef`s table again....I know Tom would go back for both!!!

i-jvNgfh5-X2.jpg

The car was only a short walk away and we got in and drove back home....we were full and had no room for any more items tonight......

Well, except for wine of course...…….

The bottle we ordered was the same one Fernando had sent to our room as a gift last visit. It really was a beautiful wine and not on the menu as it was a bellhop special one they had in. Our lovely waiter managed to find it as we couldn't remember the full name...…..he was a star!!!!

We spoke to Mike and Fernando and told them how lovely our meal had been and the whole place had been a treat......they were glad!!! I know when I recommend somewhere, I always want it to be a good experience and pray it`s a success....so I knew they were glad it had been a success for us. Mike said Matt had sent him a text saying we had been in and enjoyed the meal and how nice we were......awwww...…...that was nice to hear...…..

Fernando brought the wine over himself and was glad we liked it enough to order our own bottle.....it really was worth the cost. Very smooth but full wine.

i-K7jpDgs-X2.jpg

It was fairly quiet for a Friday night right now...…..and the guitar guy wasn't on yet, he can be quite loud at times and we do see folks ask for his music to be turned down a little as it can be a little overpowering. But, he is good.

i-rxNgHgZ-X2.jpg

It got busier around 10pm, and we did enjoy our evening in here.....we like evenings like this where we just sit and chat.....Lenny came over a couple of times to chat and so did one or two of the others......it is the friendliest of places...….

We sat till around 10.30pm before admitting we were tired......Friday night and we were sloping off before the place livened up....we did feel a little old doing this.

But, tired we were and we did apologise to the couple coming out of the elevator as we were getting in as the doors opened all they saw was our mouths wide open yawning...…..how rude of us!!!! They laughed....lol.....usually we do cover our mouths, but didn't this time....oops......I hate that!!! It`s as bad as people coughing and not covering their mouth!!!

In the room we popped the water in the fridge and we did think about watching some tv......but, honestly......we were whooped.

Bed was very appealing tonight...…….we had enjoyed such a lovely evening after such a weird day...….but as always, when these odd and strange things happen to us my motto is always the same...…….

Image result for richard fish bygones gif

Tomorrow we had no idea what we planned to do at all...…..just the way we like it...…...but for now, sleep.

414203Image-1.png

The above photo is the reason why I was pages and pages behind on your TR Carole!
We went wayyyyyyyyy up north for a vacation with my in-laws, and I was truly off grid!
The views were worth it though...we could see Wisconsin, Michigan and the Apostle Islands of Canada from the top of Copper Peak!

What a weird experience at the mall, very odd rules. I know from your reports you have been going to this mall for quite some time and always take pictures!
I love your mall pictures, :lovestruc That is just strange!

The employee at Macy’s, well just yuck to her! How rude to say such a thing to a customer!

On a positive note, I love all the wonderful restaurant reviews and pictures!

When I was a kid and it was still Filene’s I remember that’s the place you’d get nice dresses or my parents would get work clothes, but now I wouldn’t even bother.

Yeah a lot of places have rules against professional shoots, but what could it possibly violate privacy wise for a picture of the outside of a mall to get out? Everyone can see the mall. But the same picture would be okay as long as someone stood in it. It would make more sense if they said none at all. :confused3

Yes when the mall first opened they tried instituting a dress code because it’s supposed to be a higher end mall, but I guess that changed quickly. (I heard about it in someone’s vlog). Just seems ridiculous they obviously want your money, and just because you’re dressed casually shouldn’t mean you can’t come in. They probably reversed that when it started costing them since many people don’t dress up for the mall.

I guess I don’t really understand not letting people take pictures at tourist attractions (unless there’s a good reason) so I just skip those places. For some of them I wonder if the attraction isn’t that good and they don’t want people to know :rotfl: (Judging by reviews) plus you can always see pictures online so people don’t even follow the rules.

I know it’s their policy but I still wonder if that guy was just overzealous. I bet it won’t happen again, and like I said I took pictures there too. Also as another person mentioned your pictures help people find out about the mall so they should thank you! (I think your TR is how I found out about the mall).

Yes, it’s just weird all round. There are NO signs up whatsoever so I do think he was being overzealous especially with the video cameras around us being used.....lol.........but the Mall certainly agreed with him.......weird.

I didn’t know Macy’s used to be called something else. But, apart from perfume now, we don’t buy anything.

I’m so glad you found the Mall too!!! It is so beautiful and I was so pleased I had that picture with no one in at the entrance.......now I feel a little bit of a rebel when I look at it........:P

View attachment 414203View attachment 414203

The above photo is the reason why I was pages and pages behind on your TR Carole!
We went wayyyyyyyyy up north for a vacation with my in-laws, and I was truly off grid!
The views were worth it though...we could see Wisconsin, Michigan and the Apostle Islands of Canada from the top of Copper Peak!

What a beautiful picture!!!

But, oh my goodness what on earth are you doing there?? That looks a sickeningly healthy climb.......and terrifyingly high!!!

I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip through......it’s always nice to get away and yes, off the grid is good now and again!!

And glad you’re all caught up again!! I missed you posting!! But nice to have you back and thanks for the picture.......:wave2:

What a weird experience at the mall, very odd rules. I know from your reports you have been going to this mall for quite some time and always take pictures!
I love your mall pictures, :lovestruc That is just strange!

The employee at Macy’s, well just yuck to her! How rude to say such a thing to a customer!

On a positive note, I love all the wonderful restaurant reviews and pictures!

It does seem odd to try and enforce something like that when we see many people take pictures all the time.......we are obviously not professionals so yes, it was just weird. I have pictures of the Mall since the first time we visited and it does seem strange we’ve never been approached before.

And the sales lady......well, won’t go back there again.

But, I’m so glad you’re enjoying the pictures and reviews.......it just brings it all back!

And you go next month!! Wooohoooo........that is exciting! I cannot wait to hear of your time especially at Universal.......:wave2:

What a beautiful picture!!!

But, oh my goodness what on earth are you doing there?? That looks a sickeningly healthy climb.......and terrifyingly high!!!

I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip through......it’s always nice to get away and yes, off the grid is good now and again!!

And glad you’re all caught up again!! I missed you posting!! But nice to have you back and thanks for the picture.......:wave2:
Copper Peak is the worlds largest artificial ski jump, and boy were we high!!
But no way did we walk all the way up...my in-laws are in their 70's...that wouldn't be so nice for them.
We boarded the ski lift (you can see part of the lift in the photo by it's red metal structure) and it takes you up the steepest incline.
Then you board an elevator which is built into the ski jump that goes up 18 stories to an observation deck.
Finally, you walk 8 stories to the very top.
The picture was taken while walking up the 1st story, of 8, from the observation deck.
It was a bit scary, but so worth it!!!!

SATURDAY MAY 18TH

Image result for HAPPY PLACE MEME

I was awakened by the sound of the Facetime sound going off this morning...…...I couldn't quite work out what it was at first......then I realised….it was early of course, but not that early...….but as we had no email this visit Kyle said we could just try and call an then arrange a definite time for all other calls...…...so this was him trying and he as usual assumed since it was us, we`d be up already.....not this morning....….I didn't quite get to the ipad in time so called him back and said give us half an hour......we really did want to at least look respectable before chatting......the downside of Facetime is you can actually see each other...….

So, into the shower and dressed then Tom rather hazily did the same.....mumbling it was too early, but secretly happy I`m not someone to sleep the day away.

Once we were decent and as I always say, our faces have fallen into place for the day, we called him back and had a good old chat.....he was doing so well and enjoying the break from us.....although cooking and ironing aren't his favourite past times.....but we both had some stories and shared them before he said he was going...I can`t remember now what it was, but we said our goodbyes and arranged our next chat time.

We had a brief chat about what to do today. Usually we don't go near the parks on a Saturday or Sunday but today we felt like going to the Studios and riding Gringotts and Mummy. So, sun screen on, got our stuff together and set off over to the Club Lounge at RP.

This morning we really did plan to take our time. It was Saturday and we were sure the park was going to be busier than we were used to, so a leisurely breakfast was called for.

The lounge wasn't busy, in fact it was quiet...….I guess a lot of folks had already gone to the parks today....it was another gorgeous day ahead....so much for May being cooler!!! Temps looked to be high again today with a predicted 89F, but it did reach mid 90`s around the area.

We settled down to our usual, chatting and food.....perfect mix......Kayla told us the Concierge desk was now open and we said we`d pop down after we`d eaten for a look.…...we were looking forward to seeing it in the flesh so to speak......

Breakfast was our usual.....mix of fruit, pastries, toast and croissants.....those little pastries are ideal as they hit the sweet tooth but aren't huge enough to make you feel you`ve eaten too much!!

i-TZX7qMR-X2.jpg

At this point it wasn't long till Endless Summer would open......it`s hard to imagine this area was the old and rather run down area that was Wet n Wild not so far back. It`s a big improvement.

i-VRxBfbw-X2.jpg

I love these little pastries.......they do always have a variety of flavours and assortments, and the little mini muffins too are addictive...….the breakfast here is plentiful......choices for everyone and it always seems very popular...….

i-SfgqFVg-X2.jpg

i-pvMFQ8R-X2.jpg

Once we passed a fair amount of time here this morning we headed down to the lobby to see the newest addition and the first part of the lobby renovation to be revealed...…..

And it looked great!!! Kayla even matched her top to the new desk.....that`s dedication for you!!!

The Concierge team are fabulous downstairs too. Although we ask upstairs to help if we need anything as they are all Concierge trained, the girls and guys downstairs are fabulous. And now are more visible as they are so close to the entrance......they were a little tucked away at the rear of the lobby before, so you certainly can`t miss them.

i-MxDcMNK-X2.jpg

As always we chatted the time away, and eventually we let the poor woman back to work and we went for the boat......we could chat to Kayla all day....and twice on Sundays!!!

The heat hit us like a baseball bat when we walked out the doors today.....but it was such a beautiful day......and we again, did wonder the wisdom of going to the parks on a Saturday. But, we had missed going on some our favourite rides in that park.

The boat had just arrived as we got down to the boat dock......they are very regular and at busier times of the day, they run frequently to transport as many people as possible...….

i-fdkKfF6-X2.jpg

i-crtB3cB-X2.jpg

As we were much later than we originally planned, there were no lines going in the gates this morning...….everyone must already have gone in...….this was for us the best time when there are no lines. We hate standing in line for anything...….of course no one does. It seems the delays can be with people who haven't signed their tickets....or those full A4 sheets of paper that don't seem to scan properly......

We do wander through the store and I see a few things I can get on the way out...….Tom smiles again....yep, I`m always looking out for little gifts and I have some stuff to get for the little ones in the nursery yet.

We head into the Minion ride which we do see has the newish single rider line sign where it is visible......

Today we are again glad of EP line...….it is a complete walk on, but the regular line at around maybe 9.50/10am is already 75 minutes......I felt incredibly sorry for the folks in the sunshine......the heat was incredible this morning.

i-QKcpknp-X2.jpg

We got straight on Minions today and it was as always, a lot of fun.....it always makes us smile...…..

Our next stop is RRR where we headed to the lockers and there was a bit of a row going on...….one man was telling a TM he didn't want to leave his wallet in the locker......the TM assured him it would be safe and if he didn't he wouldn't be able to ride......the guy was being unreasonable and told the TM he held him personally responsible for it......but he was saying it for effect for everyone around him.....he was being a loud mouth basically. He did eventually leave his wallet and went on the ride......we heard him complain bitterly about it and then about folks using the EP line......lol...….

The TM at the front today said at first they didn't let you wait for the front anymore......we knew this was incorrect so we asked her to check. We weren't just being prima donnas......the front of the ride we find doesn`t knock you around as much…..the back of the cars we find can be terrible and knocks my head into next week...….so the front is something we always ask for...….she asks someone and says yes, it`s ok......we only wait a few moments then and we`re on......

Love this ride!!!!! We adore the climb, I know it`s not for everyone, and can see why....but it so much darn fun!!!!! I agree, maybe not the first time..it appears very daunting, but once you do it for the first time......it`s fabulous. Or you decide it`s not for you.

i-8RT6bfw-X2.jpg

We collect my bag and head past the dreadful ride that is Jimmy Fallon, we won`t do that one again!!! But, I do have to say the building is worth a walk through......incredibly impressive and very shiny looking....and a chance to meet the famous panda...…...

i-CbVpVj8-X2.jpg

Despite being the smokers area, this area is lovely......it could be the loveliest of backdrops from the inside, we very rarely go in there because of the smell when people are smoking.....but today it`s almost empty so pleasant to walk through.

i-qN9M9F6-X2.jpg

I always think the face on the statue at the top is familiar somehow...….hmmmm.

i-kTtGFMJ-X2.jpg

i-qSvTNSB-X2.jpg

We pop into the Christmas Store here...it`s much smaller than the one on IOA but has the same gorgeous aroma as you enter. They have the same basic purchases available, just on a smaller scale.

It`s a little shadier in this side street...….the trees do give some relief from the building heat....and we remind ourselves it`s not long after 10am right now...…...

i-FwVNb3c-X2.jpg

It`s not really as quiet as it looks in the next picture...….this really was a lucky image......

i-pm6brrs-X2.jpg

The Mummy is our next ride...…..we LOVE this ride...it`s a classic mix of excellent theming and an excellent coaster, a definite must do every visit...….

The new locker set up is so much better than the old ones that were incredibly cramped.....and there are always plenty of TM if you need any help. I didn't notice the wait for the regular line but EP is a short one...…..

i-vwP2Rfm-X2.jpg

Again, this is pure fun!!!! It`s not scary and it has no big drops, but it`s fast and full of energy...….we again ask for the front and we get it straight away...….no waiting at all today....this is the way to do the parks.
The vehicle is full and we set off...…..I often think it seems faster some times we go on it.....and today is one of them...…..we can both feel our teeth rattling as we hurtle round the fast coaster part...….this is fabulous!!!! We`re always sorry when this one ends...…..

This we only do once this morning, and we set off out into the street.....we were again too early for the Blues Bros...….they are so fun to watch too and the lady can really hit a note when she sings!! It`s one of these shows you need to see.

I`m always amazed when folks say the only thing worth seeing in both Universal parks is Harry Potter...…..there is so much more to these parks than Harry Potter...….much as we adore the Potter areas, we spend as much time in the other areas too. But, each to their own...….we love the parks and everything in them......well, except maybe Jimmy Fallon and F&F which is a truly dreadful ride and must be the worst thing in the whole of Universal Orlando Resort!!!

i-7d2JB6N-X2.jpg

Louie`s used to be one of our favourite CS places until our recent visit which was disappointing to say the least......so we won`t go back until we hear it has improved dramatically.

i-MqcD5km-X2.jpg

i-Bw5R2m6-X2.jpg

Again, looking up you can see so much of the detail Universal has put in to the parks...…..I love the signage on the windows above the store front facades.....some, or most of them are very clever.

i-DW8Xp8Z-X2.jpg

i-6pkVnTL-X2.jpg

And again themed perfectly in the old NY style...…..

i-n9xt39d-X2.jpg

i-R24xscH-X2.jpg

Oops...….have to come back later...…..more of the park and lunch......

Last edited:
Copper Peak is the worlds largest artificial ski jump, and boy were we high!!
But no way did we walk all the way up...my in-laws are in their 70's...that wouldn't be so nice for them.
We boarded the ski lift (you can see part of the lift in the photo by it's red metal structure) and it takes you up the steepest incline.
Then you board an elevator which is built into the ski jump that goes up 18 stories to an observation deck.
Finally, you walk 8 stories to the very top.
The picture was taken while walking up the 1st story, of 8, from the observation deck.
It was a bit scary, but so worth it!!!!

Oh my goodness!!!! That is too high for me.....you are all so brave!!!!

But, what an amazing view….it does look spectacular.....what a beautiful place, I`ve never heard of it.

You win the bravery award of the day for that...…::yes:: ::yes::

Image result for well done meme

We passed F&F with our usual wonderment of how could they have got it so wrong with this ride.

Yes, I`m sure there are a few people out there who do like it, there must be......but overall it`s a huge failure in the eyes of most. Even folks who are fans of the series find it a little nauseating.....and that's not the ride vehicle!!!! Too much schmaltz isn't always a good thing......

i-xWKNTQr-XL.jpg

We again, miss Beat Builders...….one of the TM says they will be here soon.....but to be honest, it`s too hot to stand and wait for them, but they are very entertaining..…..so much energy......but as we are heading out for lunch we decide not to wait for this today.....will catch it another day, or another trip. They are worth stopping to watch if you`re passing.

i-2mpp73j-X2.jpg

i-HPzDmgS-X2.jpg

The view over the lagoon is beautiful...….and I`d love a little boat to take you from Richter over to the other side.....although technically it takes a few minutes to walk over, so I doubt there`s a desire or a need for it......but we do like a little boat ride....or we`re incredibly lazy!!! On a blazing hot day like today I`ll go for the latter...….::yes::

i-zvGKhvL-X2.jpg

i-PwZQZd9-X2.jpg

Lombards is simply beautiful. Inside and out. It`s certainly more than a theme park restaurant...….it`s very elegant and not what you`d expect in park restaurant.

Food is good. We had a gap of a few years as we didn't have a nice experience few years back, but we did go back 2 years ago and it was lovely with good service, so it was back on the rotation of places we like to eat...….but not today. I think it would be September before we ate here again.

i-VV98dpf-X2.jpg

There is also the San Francisco Bakery next door which is similar to Croissant Moon Bakery in IOA. Serves the same type of food and some lovely desserts, all of which it was too early for us to enjoy today. Again, we planned to enjoy a dessert here in September.

On to Potter.

We really didn't plan to spend a lot of time here in here today, it was really to have a quick wander and ride Gringotts.

Love walking past this entrance as the blast of aircon is extremely welcoming...…..we do linger a little here this morning...…..

i-ttkTmPv-X2.jpg

Rather reluctantly we wander back down from the very cool entrance to King`s Cross. And again, we still didn't take the train this visit.

i-P2Gh3dt-X2.jpg

It`s fairly quiet along here today, and a woman asks us to take a picture of her and her boyfriend......they seemed lovely and he was a little distracted looking now I think on it......but Tom took a couple of pictures as she had asked and then they took one of us.

i-nVBbW8V-X2.jpg

Later that evening we met the same couple in the hotel and they told us just after we met them, he had proposed to her in front of the Dragon in DA.....and we had missed it!!!!

Related image

We were so happy to hear their news......but really annoyed we had missed it, would love to have seen that, proposals are so romantic.......I think we must have been on Gringotts at the time!!!!

We did linger around outside for a while and had an amble around the Knight Bus...….

If you haven't stopped by the conductor and the shrunken head, you really should.....they are so funny.....especially the shrunken head.....he will be funny and not afraid to be a little off beat with his humour if he thinks you are up for it...….he was so funny when he heard my Scottish accent a few years back......and joked he couldn't even smell the alcohol on me......lol......it was funny when he said it....and of course the conductor feigns horror.....they are worth stopping by and having a meet with them if you`re there.

i-tC5BzHb-X2.jpg

As a small child we had buses that had upstairs and a conductor or conductress......and we all wanted to ring the bell...….seems weird now, but simple things amused us at times......so Tom rings the bell!!!

Unfortunately the buses we grew up with weren't as pretty as this purple one!! And of course now conductors are a thing of the very distant past too.

i-mdB3XJW-X2.jpg

The interior of the bus is identical to the film...….and very cute.

i-LKk6cLG-X2.jpg

i-WjN4hVs-X2.jpg

Seeing the full set of houses in the street from the distance, you can clearly see the distinction of the house where Kreacher peaks out from......much darker than the regular houses...….and Kreacher is still quite a draw for people waiting to see him peer out with his angry and distorted face as he shows his disdain for us muggles looking up for his appearance.

i-qHVHw85-X2.jpg

We wander in to DA and of course can`t help but take pictures of the dragon above us...….it is hard to resist and it looks so good.

i-jZMhc4w-X2.jpg

i-4tGBhxP-X2.jpg

The steps here are a popular place to sit and enjoy one of the many flavours of ice cream you can enjoy from Florean Fortescues…...you can`t go right to the top but you can go a fair bit up.

i-Vt26DcF-X2.jpg

We go in and put my bag in the lockers which today again, the front ones are busy......despite TM trying to encourage folks to use the ones at the rear...….I go straight to the back where there are plenty of them and no one crowding around.

The EP line is short....very short, and I didn't notice exactly how long the regular line was, but it looked long enough.

A lady didn't feel well as we got to the elevator part today, and the TM`s were swift to help her and her daughter who was with her......it`s never nice to see someone not well. But, we all moved on once she had left, and got in the elevator. Thankfully no more incidents today. We had seen some people go a little funny with the elevator.....it`s not fast or wobbly.....but there is a slight movement to it that some don't like.

We get off and take our glasses.....and climb the stairs. There is an elevator if you can`t climb the stairs...….we have been on the front row many times and the back row, and probably all the seats in between....and I think I prefer the back row. Except the little drop....I like the front for that...….and it is a little drop, nothing to fear really.

I like this ride...….it swooshes you around rather than fling you around....and I don't mind the screens on this ride that so many complain about...….it`s still a very decent ride.

I retrieve my bag easily, although for a second I did forget the number of the locker, despite me assuring Tom I`d remember...….oops!!

Coming back out we manage to get a good view of the dragon breathing fire, very much a firm favourite of guests from all over the world who come to see this amazing place.

i-5M89QXD-X2.jpg

Before heading out we stopped into the store I`m not overly fond of.

Yes, sounds ridiculous, but I hate snakes, frogs and thing like that...any kind of reptile around and I`m off...…..but I do go in to it, and hate seeing one little kid playing with a toy snake...….I don't even like pictures of snakes!

But we do wander round and I am distracted by a lady who is dressed in head to toe purple.

Now, I love purple beyond what is normal, or so I`m told.....….but this lady was completely in purple!!! Socks and shoes too. What a lovely lady she was too...…

Tom said it reminded him of the time I wore a satin purple dress that was kind of 1950`s style, or maybe 3/4 length prom style and my best friend asked if I had come to the party as Barney...….:rotfl:

Only a true friend can say that...…..but we didn't spend long in here.....

i-ZPMLRLh-X2.jpg

i-HTSjBNw-X2.jpg

I always avoid this rather weird moving frog that looks strangely sinister.

i-c5HXVGg-X2.jpg

i-pcGBTJF-X2.jpg

Tom stayed in a little longer to get some pictures as I went out into the heat and chatted to the lady in purple. We naturally didn't take a picture of the lady, but she looked amazing......a little different, but happy. Her grandkids were mortified apparently...….lol......

Wandering out we passed The Hopping Pot and thought we might get a drink before we left, but the line was long, so we didn't bother. We just bought a bottle of water to keep us going till later.....

i-23Dw3Fc-X2.jpg

It was generally getting busier now, so we decided to leave and head out of the park...…...

We do love DA. But, when it`s crowded we much prefer to not be here. We can easily come back when it`s quieter.

More to come...…..

We left Potter and headed back past Louie`s and out that way, and came across the remnants of the small parade that`s on daily......not a huge event, but it`s a lot of fun and the kids love it....as do many adults.

It`s not something I`d go out of our way to see, but if you pass it`s a nice way to spend 10 minutes or so. The one with the Minions and Gru is much better......but these guys do put on a nice show. And in this heat where they get their energy from I have no idea.

i-4q242Nz-X2.jpg

i-kmGHBM7-X2.jpg

This is ridiculously quiet today.....I don't remember seeing it as empty as this in quite a while....and I remind myself it is Saturday......not the madding crowd I`d dreaded.

i-WbPHcDf-X2.jpg

i-FLrNr62-X2.jpg

However, the Today Café is heaving. It certainly looked to be very popular. I was glad to see it as it`s nice when a new place is successful. It wasn't for us to be honest....although at some point we may have a pastry or cake from there......maybe. I think the Boulangerie would be hard to replace.

i-bShL27B-X2.jpg

Coming out the park we did see a lot of people entering and we were glad we were going......it was now blisteringly hot......we had seen hotter temps than this, but it felt intense today. Although we did still love it. This heat was one of the many reasons we return time after time to Florida.....

I always say Citywalk looks gorgeous at night......but on days where the sun is shining high in the sky it also looks stunning.

i-wkhwSKT-X2.jpg

We also realised we had never stood right by the globe to take a picture.....I was sure we hadn't anyway....

i-2Xr4wH6-X2.jpg

i-8DsXgTt-X2.jpg

i-CktQXTF-X2.jpg

Toothsome is very photogenic, but somewhere we didn't get the hype for. We hadn't enjoyed our food there and found it to be very generic, something you can get anywhere.....and Steampunk isn't something that appeals to me so that wouldn`t draw us there.....we had also tried their chocolates and weren't impressed at all. But, many enjoy it and rave about it, so maybe one day we`ll give it another try, but we were in no rush.

i-GrxnXzG-X2.jpg

i-FdsBtPK-X2.jpg

The pics may seem repetitive but we honestly think this is such a beautiful boat ride......and we get a Capt today who isn't as engaging as some of them, but still it`s a lovely way to get back home.....and we did want a shower and get changed today...….

i-9CF37zc-X2.jpg

Sapphire again, is beautiful. We love when the boat turns the corner and you can see how gorgeous this hotel is.

i-z6rspQh-X2.jpg

i-wKqMZR9-X2.jpg

Our rooms are again done very early in the morning, so we like coming back and knowing it will be done and you`re not disturbing the lady who looks after you. This suite has a huge space under the sinks in the main bathroom where there are loads of extra towels, so you can have many showers a day and always have plenty to spare.

It didn't take long today to get ready and as we do we discuss where we are going to have lunch...….and this is what we love about not planning......we see what we feel like at the time and go wherever we feel like going...….and today we decide we`ll visit Toojays.

The valet guys are all busy, I think the world and his mother are arriving at this point. We don't mind waiting, so we have a few moments before we get the car this time...….those guys work incredibly hard running back and forward all the time in this heat......and always with a smile.

I think they like our car is handy and always sits on the ramp. Not far to go.

i-qHSmGrR-X2.jpg

Aventura is not a hotel we will stay in, but it is so pretty....especially in this light today. It just has too sterile a feel to it inside....and Bar17 despite the wonderful views, isn't for us. But, you should go up for the views alone.....seeing the whole place all lit up is beautiful, and when the fireworks are on at Disney you can see them from here which is pretty nice.

i-TRsvQf3-X2.jpg

Toojays is on Sand Lake Road so not very far away at all. We discovered this place many years ago and it`s somewhere we frequently have lunch in. It`s a very local place with friendly staff and the food is very good and has a nice menu. We like it.

i-cVpvSc8-X2.jpg

The interior is nothing fancy, but the food more than makes up for it.

i-n9NkpKp-X2.jpg

i-P7zmp6g-X2.jpg

The menu is very varied and has something for everyone...….anything we have ever had has been lovely, and very fresh...….and today I don't feel like a huge meal, so we both order their very lovely strawberry lemonades and I opt for the shrimp salad.....she asks if I want some kind of bread or wrap, but no thanks, this will do...….

i-757mDkp-X2.jpg

Tom had heard from someone at the hotel their burgers were very good......so that's what he chose, I think he had cheese and bacon on it too....and a very nice serving of fries too...….I think I may have taken one or two of them, wishing I had ordered a side for me!!!

Although despite me being his wife for almost 30 years......he does have this going through his mind right now...…..:rotfl:

i-sswgk7M-X2.jpg

Those were good fries!!!! Not sure why I didn't order my own. But other folks fries do taste better....…::yes:: Tom is very good at sharing really......lol......

The food was so good and the portion of shrimp once you broke into them was huge.....that was a lot of shrimp.....and yes I did share a little.

Once we paid the check, we glanced at the cold cabinets on the way out...….everything looks so fresh and tasty.

i-7LhdLLh-X2.jpg

i-5sD6jhm-X2.jpg

Next time I want to try their key lime pie...….we`ve had the coconut cake and a few other items, but haven't tried that yet......although there are a few things we`d love to enjoy from here.

i-cVH9qHN-X2.jpg

i-WZPGZ3p-X2.jpg

I think Kyle would love this chocolate cake!!!

i-w8b6Bjc-X2.jpg

We head off and are glad to get in the car and get the aircon on...….it really is too hot to do anything else today...….and as it`s almost 2.30pm not much point in going anywhere, so we head back home and decide to have a quiet hour before heading over to Club Lounge.

Tonight`s plan is a quiet visit to Citywalk…...

ok, that frog was totally giving you the side eye. or should I say toadally ;)

Have to add Toojays to our list of outside restaurants. The food looks delicious.

I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but those bakery items look incredible!

Great selfie btw! You both look so relaxed and happy:lovestruc

Yes, I much prefer savoury flavours......but those coconut cakes and the ones at 4Rivers are so hard to resist!!

Thanks :-)........we’re not quite as good at selfies as some, my niece for example takes a perfect selfie! But she’s gorgeous and would look good in any pose!!

Yep, it is such a relaxing trip again........:wave2:

ok, that frog was totally giving you the side eye. or should I say toadally ;)

Have to add Toojays to our list of outside restaurants. The food looks delicious.

Lol......I found it very creepy....and when it raised itself up, I was off out the door........:laughing:

Toojays is excellent. The owner is always around and checks in on everyone, nice man. I think you’d like it!

Toojays is great as is Bosephous (Turkish food) about two doors down!

Bosphorus does look good, but we called the one in Winter Park a year or so ago about going and they couldn’t accommodate the allergies I have comfortably. I agree it has a fabulous reputation for good food.

I’d love to eat there.

Bosphorus does look good, but we called the one in Winter Park a year or so ago about going and they couldn’t accommodate the allergies I have comfortably. I agree it has a fabulous reputation for good food.

I’d love to eat there.
Oh no! I am sorry to hear that!! I am going to the WP one next week for my birthday so I will enjoy it for the both of us. 😉

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that!! I am going to the WP one next week for my birthday so I will enjoy it for the both of us. 😉

Yes, the menu showed us we would have loved it there and when we’ve passed it a few times in Winter Park everything looked gorgeous!

Yes, enjoy it for both of us........::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter