"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

I love the name of your new PTR “May Include Rum”

C11EDBF0-A250-4331-9BF1-2EEA6253366F.jpeg

I would expect nothing less on a trip report from you....LOL........You have a way of finding the best cocktails in town.

I’am looking forward to the BERRIES & BUBBLES at OP.

I’am in for another of your great trip reports :dogdance: You have already started with great ideas for places to eat.

I love the name of your new PTR “May Include Rum”

View attachment 397261

I would expect nothing less on a trip report from you....LOL........You have a way of finding the best cocktails in town.

I’am looking forward to the BERRIES & BUBBLES at OP.

I’am in for another of your great trip reports :dogdance: You have already started with great ideas for places to eat.

WELCOME along to you Robo……..:)

Great to see you here for this one too...…

Yes, rum does tend to make an appearance somewhere in our reports.....lol......and I`m sure you`ll love the Berries and Bubbles cocktail...….it`s beautifully presented to you too.....

More food ideas coming up......and hope you enjoy this one too....look forward to your comments along the way for this one too :wave2:

One of the places we love….is the cheap and cheerful Longhorn Steakhouse.....

We have visited this place almost every visit since 2007......only missing a few trips last year as we had so many other places to fit in......we go to the one in LBV near the outlet centre, and it has never disappointed.....we did once go to the one on I Drive and it was dreadful......badly cooked steaks, poor service so we didn't ever go back.

I don't believe it`s because it sits on I Drive that was the issue as there are many lovely restaurants around that area.....Yard House, Oceannaire and Charley`s to name a few.....I guess they just don't get many complaints. so carry on as they are.

But the one in LBV has always been friendly and we always know we are going to get a beautiful meal.....and around half the price we usually pay for a steak in Ocean Prime and The Palm......and our last visit I can honestly say the steak I had in Longhorn, was on a complete par with the one from the Palm.

And Kyle loves this restaurant too...so I know we`ll be here in December too...….

i-v87TSK4-XL.jpg

We generally don't have appetisers here, as the food is incredibly filling.....but, for some reason I have a picture of an appetiser, and we honestly don't remember ever ordering this!!! I think we must have enjoyed it though...….maybe :confused3

i-3c2Ndvd-XL.jpg

When Kyle was younger he absolutely raved about their chicken tenders......and I have to say, they were the best tenders I ever tasted...…they were crispy without being too hard, and the chicken was beautifully cooked.....Tom was always tempted to order a portion for himself!!!

i-5bLjx3W-XL.jpg

But, for us it was and is all about the steak......and I think Tom has had almost every type of steak they do over the years...…and loved every one he has tried!!

I tend to stick to the filet, of varying sizes......and always beautifully cooked......I like my steaks medium rare to rare......and Tom is more of a medium guy...…

I did try their lobster as an addition once, but honestly, I didn't need it.....but it was nice, not the nicest lobster I`ve ever tasted but perfectly fine...….I think I prefer to stick to eating lobster in proper seafood places.

i-nhW4HSq-XL.jpg

Steaks are massive when you order the larger size as you`d expect......but when you see them on the plate, they just look like they are almost too big......well.....maybe not...….as they always disappear...…

i-vkBmSF2-XL.jpg

They do have a decent enough cocktail menu, not a huge choice, but I had mentioned to our waiter one night I loved the Lobsterita from Red Lobster and did they have anything close......he said to leave it with him......and he came back with this...….

i-krbDbD6-XL.jpg

It wasn't as good as the lobsterita, but it was nice and I appreciated him asking the barman to make something up that resembled it...….and one of these is always enough!!!

For me the filet is perfect…...it`s large enough and always tender...….and on one occasion even Tom ordered it and had a special side of lobster mac n cheese......it did lack a little lobster but you never expect too much being honest, but he did enjoy it...….

i-cNz3XDt-XL.jpg

And just another gratuitous image of a rather large steak...….just because...…:D

i-hv5nRkB-XL.jpg

We aren't huge on desserts...….if it`s just Tom and I we`ll usually share one if we do bother...….but......when our chocolate loving son is with us...….he does enjoy a dessert......big time!!!

The Chocolate Stampede is an extremely large dessert designed for sharing...….it is huge!!!!

So, when Kyle used to be with us regularly, this was always the dessert of their choice......and as I don't like chocolate cake...….I will have a little of the ice cream...….while they divide, almost to the millimeter this dessert, I happily tuck into the very creamy and tasty ice cream...…

i-KZk8tn5-XL.jpg

And now when we visit together in December, this is on the list of must do desserts for our boy...….....he is very much a creature of habit at times.......….but then I guess I am a little like that too.....:rolleyes1 Some places we go I often get the same thing...or so I`m told....

So this is one of our definite places to visit this time, and very much looking forward to it...….

More food choices to come...…..:wave2:

Long time lurker/reader, first time commenter (I think) with a restaurant suggestion. If you do get over to Sarasota, and are looking for a lunch spot, DH and I LOVE Longboat Key (which is very close to Sarasota, especially the St. Armand's Circle area). There is a restaurant on Longboat called The Dry Dock. It's smack dab in the middle of a working marina/boat yard. The views are lovely, the food is great, and it's got a nice, casual vibe. It's tucked way at the back of the parking lot, but worth the effort to find.

So close now!
We have a Longhorn Steak House in town and I always always forget about it until I read one of your trip reports!

Long time lurker/reader, first time commenter (I think) with a restaurant suggestion. If you do get over to Sarasota, and are looking for a lunch spot, DH and I LOVE Longboat Key (which is very close to Sarasota, especially the St. Armand's Circle area). There is a restaurant on Longboat called The Dry Dock. It's smack dab in the middle of a working marina/boat yard. The views are lovely, the food is great, and it's got a nice, casual vibe. It's tucked way at the back of the parking lot, but worth the effort to find.

:welcome: along debster812......glad you joined in and posted...…

Always love suggestion for places to eat!!!!

I did have a look at that place just now, thank you.....it does look fabulous....and gets excellent reviews.....places like that are worth their weight in gold!! I have it written down with the zip code and address as a definite place to look at...….the whole area looks beautiful...….

Good to see you and hope you enjoy this one too...…...:)

So close now!
We have a Longhorn Steak House in town and I always always forget about it until I read one of your trip reports!

:welcome: back to you Monyk……..:)

Glad to see you here...…

Oh we do like Longhorn....I know some folks don`t for some reason, not sure why.....but, we always enjoy our meals there...….hope the one local to you is a good one...…

There`s a new one opened near the Outlet centre at the top of I Drive, but haven't heard any reports of it yet, so will wait a little longer to see if we give it a try.

Hope you enjoy this report too MonyK……...:wave2:

I always enjoy your trip reports!

I think I've come to accept that I find one of the most best things about vacation is the food. I think its the part I look forward to the most. Your food pics are so amazing (especially the creme brulee).

Looks like we will be there the same time as you- I just finished the booking. We arrive on May 13th and leave the 19th. After changing the hotel reservations (first I thought a split stay would be fun) now we are at RPH for the entire stay. Im sure it costs more but at this point I like not having to move.

We will have a car for the entire time so will be looking to do some exploring- I was hoping you could make some recommendations for dinner outside of the parks? We will be arriving on Monday at dinner time, so I figured we would stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things- then stop for dinner before heading to the resort to check in. I'd love to hear where you guys love to go! :thanks:

I will be there for my birthday- which will be fun Ill have to find a fun way to celebrate.

I always enjoy your trip reports!

I think I've come to accept that I find one of the most best things about vacation is the food. I think its the part I look forward to the most. Your food pics are so amazing (especially the creme brulee).

Looks like we will be there the same time as you- I just finished the booking. We arrive on May 13th and leave the 19th. After changing the hotel reservations (first I thought a split stay would be fun) now we are at RPH for the entire stay. Im sure it costs more but at this point I like not having to move.

We will have a car for the entire time so will be looking to do some exploring- I was hoping you could make some recommendations for dinner outside of the parks? We will be arriving on Monday at dinner time, so I figured we would stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things- then stop for dinner before heading to the resort to check in. I'd love to hear where you guys love to go! :thanks:

I will be there for my birthday- which will be fun Ill have to find a fun way to celebrate.

And :welcome: back to you too ck...……:)

Always good to see you..…..and I`m so happy you`ve booked RP!!!

Yes, food does play a big part of our trips......and the reason I`ll never be slim.....lol...…

Having a car is fabulous, we wouldn't be without one as it does mean we can mooch around to many places.....

I suppose it depends what you like.....we do like a mix of high end places and regular......for higher end Ocean Prime is on Sand Lake Road.....it`s a 10 minute drive.....

Orlando Ale House on Kirkman is fabulous...….Bubbalous barbecue and 4Rivers are two fabulous places......Bubbalous is ridiculously cheap and cheerful...looks a little different, but food is good....4Rivers is in Winter Park....about a 25 minute drive away......but worth it!!!

Teak Neighborhood Grill is a place we have been going to for years...….they also have an another restaurant called RusTeak a little further away......it was really good too, but we`ve just never gone back for some reason...….Smokey Bones down the 192 serves excellent food.....

Celebration is worth a visit, beautiful place with some lovely restaurants...…

Mount Dora is just under an hours drive away......I could live there!!!!

Hot n Juicy Crawfish is again, a ten minute drive at the most......beautiful seafood but served in a bag.....lol....very different...…

Toojays is a great lunch place......sandwiches and many entrees and beautiful cakes and pastries.....

There are some lovely choices at the Millenia Mall...….we are planning on going to PF Changs this trip.....and of course they have the Cheesecake Factory.....

Yard House by the Orlando Eye is excellent.....and there`s a great vibe there at night...…

Oceannaire at Pointe Orlando is another nicer place...…

Kobe, Longhorn and Red Lobster are all basic places we love, but you could have some around where you live...…

Seito Sushi is only ten minutes away and we only discovered that this past trip.....it`s on our must do list now!!!

I`m sure there`s more...….:D

But, glad you`re back and hope you enjoy this trip report too...….:wave2:

One of the places we do enjoy but have only been three times is Yard House. We went once for lunch when it first opened, and twice for dinner.

Set in the one of the newer complexes on I Drive right beside the Orlando Eye, this is a lovely place to eat or have drinks...….although beautiful during the day, I think night time is much better as there is a real friendly bar atmosphere here......I think it`s one of these places that is fabulous for groups of adults. Although there are kids go of course, we just haven't seen too many of them....

i-3d5gXxq-XL.jpg

Tom loves the spicy jambalaya, I have to say I had eaten one of the rather large shrimp before we took this picture and so had Tom..……

I`m not very fond of rice dishes, but this was lovely.....he had asked for it extra spicy, and they said they had made it really hot.....but for us, it could have been much spicier.....but it was tasty.

i-MrFV8dZ-XL.jpg

The butterfly shrimp was delicious and I had it with sweet potato fries with the most delicious maple bacon dip....these were very nice.

i-6mC3VLB-XL.jpg

The third time we went Tom had the same jambalaya and I went for the Nashville chicken with sweet potato pancakes, this was alright, but wouldn't get it again...…

i-sW4RzqF-XL.jpg

The area surrounding Yard House is beautiful...….they have done a really good job with the whole place.....many food options are available down here now and things for families to do. Those that say stay away from I Drive obviously hasn't been here recently...…

And at night it is so beautiful...…….

i-cHM99SF-XL.jpg

Even I wont go on this ride below!!! Strange thing is if it was in Universal, I think I`d give it a go...….but I don't know how their maintenance is...…..well, as good an excuse as any.....right...…..:rolleyes1

i-8p7ZQkv-XL.jpg

i-ftwvrqD-XL.jpg

So, the one restaurant that seems to split opinions of friends and friends who are local equally is the wonderfully divisive eatery that is Red Lobster.

The first time someone laughed when I said we were going to Red Lobster I didn't think anything of it......when someone laughed for the fourth time....I began to wonder. What was wrong with this place.....food was good, prices were cheap and we had always enjoyed our time there.....I did remember Jerry Springer making a joke of it about a gazillion years ago...….but seems it`s looked down on by some......well, that's ok.....we all have different likes and dislikes......wouldn't do if we were all the same...….

We visited for the first time on our very first trip back in 2007 and loved it...….and after trying various establishments we settled on more or less frequenting the one at the bottom of I Drive near the Convention Centre...….and fingers crossed it hasn't disappointed yet...…

Of course those that know me, and even those that don't I guess.....know I love a good cocktail.....and this one from RL is one of the nicest...…..

The Lobsterita is a very large cocktail. But, it hasn't the potency you would think......it`s very fruity and I`ve never felt remotely that it has too much alcohol in it. So tasty and one is definitely enough!!!

My mother who doesn't touch alcohol was shocked and burst our laughing when I ordered this on one of our trips to NYC......I ordered it knowing she`d find it amusing......

i-Ldx2CJn-XL.jpg

The other impressive cocktail they do is the Alotta Colada...….a larger pina colada...and just as tasty, they do of course offer a large selection of regular cocktails like Bahamamama and such..all very nice too.

i-PJzhNZc-XL.jpg

Famous of course for their Cheddar Bay Biscuits...….delicious and very moreish...…...although the secret is not to eat too many of them before dinner arrives...…

i-wcKRgGn-XL.jpg

I asked once if they could do a special of shrimp and lobster appetiser and they said yes, they absolutely could...….and it was delicious...….we both got this on that occasion. There are some other nice appetisers though...

i-WVqvsxs-XL.jpg

There are so many dishes here that we love......and the stuffed flounder was delicious......I had recently had one in beautiful fish restaurant on Long Island, so this didn't quite beat that one, but as a dish on it`s own, I did enjoy it...…

i-CPjr2Gd-XL.jpg

i-6pr5gFF-XL.jpg

All you can eat shrimp.......does what it says on the tin...……

i-6nWfTzm-XL.jpg

i-x2Tv682-XL.jpg

And Kyle isn't the biggest seafood fan.....he will eat fish of course, but likes it quite plain, and isn't a fan of having to shell anything..….and isn't too keen on things with eyes looking at him......so, there are non seafood items and I have to say the maple chicken he enjoys here is delicious......I think he has ordered this every time we have gone.

i-X9JFfgq-XL.jpg

I think this was Tom`s all time favourite dish...….perfect mix of seafood for him...…

i-qg4bbRF-XL.jpg

i-9v3JpBP-XL.jpg

i-j7Ggtqx-XL.jpg

And of course when Kyle is with us, dessert is a must do...…..

And his dessert of choice of course is their rather decadent chocolate wave cake...….this is apparently beautiful...….

i-m2TtpT9-XL.jpg

For barbecue food there are a few choices around locally...….many more further afield of course, but in Winter Park we do enjoy 4Rivers.

Around a twenty to thirty minute drive away depending on traffic, this place is sat on a main road in an area that certainly couldn't be described as pretty, although the central are of Winter Park is very beautiful, this is on the main drag where there are lots of other businesses......but once you are inside......you know you are in for a treat...….

We haven't been since July last year and again, this is one Tom has requested we go back to.....and of course I was quick to agree...….

i-bfXQKKB-XL.jpg

The menu itself is plentiful and I know we are always torn in what to order...…

When they are busy, they have someone in the line to help you if you need it...and food is served quickly and efficiently as a result...….I did like the way they can spot someone who hasn't been before too.....and they give immediate service as to how you order and some of the food explanations......I liked that kind of service.....and it continues throughout, from the people you order from and the guys who come and clean the tables......the place is immaculate...…

i-BQmX3Vt-XL.jpg

I adore the Texas Cornbread, filled with jalapenos.....and the sweet potato casserole was delicious!!!! Tom doesn't like sweet potatoes so I didn't have to share any of this....lol...….

i-vX6zdVM-XL.jpg

One of their dishes that they are famous for is the Brontosaurus Beef Rib...….Tom had considered it before but hadn't ordered it, but the time he did order it, it arrived and we thought wow that's big......then a few minutes later another arrived as the chef decided the first one didn't meet their size standard.....so another was sent out...….!!!!

And they were gorgeous!!!! Genuinely gorgeous...…..

Although, every single item we have ever ordered whether it be ribs, burnt ends, brisket or any other item has always been beautiful...…

i-sbGp2kT-XL.jpg

i-FpfGbpt-XL.jpg

They also have an amazing bakery area...….and everything there we have tried.....has been excellent.

i-Dk5FDsk-XL.jpg

This salted caramel cake is uniquely different......it`s a mix of very buttery shortbread, apple pie and caramel.....this is one of our favourite items from their bakery.....one between two though!!!!

i-gFbW9hR-XL.jpg

i-6zRvBgB-XL.jpg

So these are in the plans for this visit...….I hope with two weeks we can visit most of them if not all, one thing we are in Orlando is spoilt for choice...……

Coming up.....onsite options...…….

Last edited:
You had me at burgers and steaks. I just love your food pictures. My dream job would be to travel around and taste test burgers and sandwiches and do a vlog about it!!!! Honestly, I could just eat and burgers and sandwiches everyday. Throw in the occasional steak and potato, and I would be a very happy girl ;) :thumbsup2 ::yes::

You food reviews are just as interesting as your park reviews!!!

After viewing your last post I decided to go to 4Rivers for lunch!

:welcome: along my friend...….

lol......I wish I was going to 4Rivers tomorrow!!!! Hope it was nice whatever it was......only fair if you share what you had...…..::yes::

Glad to see you on this one too....hope it`s a fun read!!!

You had me at burgers and steaks. I just love your food pictures. My dream job would be to travel around and taste test burgers and sandwiches and do a vlog about it!!!! Honestly, I could just eat and burgers and sandwiches everyday. Throw in the occasional steak and potato, and I would be a very happy girl ;) :thumbsup2 ::yes::

You food reviews are just as interesting as your park reviews!!!

oohhh...burgers and steaks yep...….throw in some seafood and I`m all set!!!!!

Thanks.....I`m so glad you enjoy the pictures and reviews......and what a job that would be!!! Taste testing beautiful food.....sounds good to me :thumbsup2

And of course when Kyle is with us, dessert is a must do...…..

And his dessert of choice of course is their rather decadent chocolate wave cake...….this is apparently beautiful...….

i-m2TtpT9-XL.jpg

I now, after running 2 miles(Ok half running, half walking fast), want a big piece of chocolate cake. 19 more days!

I now, after running 2 miles(Ok half running, half walking fast), want a big piece of chocolate cake. 19 more days!

Lol.......

Sounds like you deserve it then.......even half walking is still deserving........:thumbsup2

19 days......worthy of a wooohoooo........:cheer2:

Got back from our trip, finished your last TR and here is another. Hooray for extending vacation thoughts :)

We saw that crazy swing ride while bouncing down Dr Doom at night - thought "nope nope nope!!!" I'll ride Doom 20 more times instead ;)

I avoid Red Lobster like the plague, but I have to say they helped me pinpoint my sulfite allergy. When we were in college we would eat at a Thai restaurant regularly. I would always get ill after the curry, but fine with the pad thai. Couldn't figure it out. Went to Red Lobster, had the shrimp scampi and was violently ill. Called them the next day and the chef told me I was probably allergic to sulfites - they were both in the shrimp and in the wine in the dish, double whammy! Mystery solved! (the culprit in the curry was coconut milk)

Looking forward to following your TR :)

Got back from our trip, finished your last TR and here is another. Hooray for extending vacation thoughts :)

We saw that crazy swing ride while bouncing down Dr Doom at night - thought "nope nope nope!!!" I'll ride Doom 20 more times instead ;)

I avoid Red Lobster like the plague, but I have to say they helped me pinpoint my sulfite allergy. When we were in college we would eat at a Thai restaurant regularly. I would always get ill after the curry, but fine with the pad thai. Couldn't figure it out. Went to Red Lobster, had the shrimp scampi and was violently ill. Called them the next day and the chef told me I was probably allergic to sulfites - they were both in the shrimp and in the wine in the dish, double whammy! Mystery solved! (the culprit in the curry was coconut milk)

Looking forward to following your TR :)

:welcome: along to this one too elfling8...…:)

Nice to see you here too.……

Don`t blame you not going to RL in that case!!!! Allergies aren't fun......but I`m glad you found out things that were causing you grief!!

Crazy swing.....lol....yep, that about describes it...….nope, me neither!

Hope you had a fabulous trip and hope you enjoy this one too...….:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter