"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

Welcome home! We got back from our trip yesterday afternoon. We had a fabulous week and even got to ride the new Hagrid roller coaster.

MONDAY MAY 13TH

Image result for another beautiful day gif

We had been shattered last night, but not exactly sure why......we had such a lazy day yesterday and it had been relaxing......but sleep was welcome and I don't think we had moved all night long......and it showed when I looked in the mirror...…..oh lordy…….I had a huge crease on my face where it looked like I hadn't moved off it all night long!!

Today, despite the poor weather forecast, we planned to go to New Smyrna Beach.

Our friend had told us a place to go park and walk over the other side of the road where we could walk on the boardwalk and see dolphins and manatees...….so we planned to do that as well as walk on the beach.

We love the Gulf beaches and much prefer the calmer waters on the Gulf side, but it had been a few years since we had been to this side of the coast.......we had also been told of a place for lunch and we would take up this recommendation......just hope the weather played along.

Once we were showered though, we headed over to RP for breakfast......we hadn't gone yesterday at all so we looked forward to enjoying our usual breakfast again. I yawned all the way over, it was one of those days where it was going to take me a long time to wake up I think...….and of course yawns are catching, so Tom and I were both walking through the hotels yawning our heads off!!!! We must have looked shattered.

Breakfast was lovely, it was fairly busy this morning, and we had just finished eating when one of the girls came over and said they had something for me, they thought we would be over yesterday, so apologised for it being a day late........

And it was a card for Mother`s day from all the team in the lounge and concierge...…..awwwww……….from our American kids...…..so cute!!!

i-9MxBc2s-X2.jpg

They had written some lovely things inside the card and it was incredibly touching what some had written......it was so thoughtful of them......I would put that card up in the suite when we went back over...….I made sure to thank everyone as the stay went on as some were off and some didn't work there anymore......but I think we caught everyone I needed to thank...….

We headed back over and ran into our friend near the biggest ballroom in RP, always a joy, so we walked over to Sapphire with him and he showed us some pics of New Smyrna on his phone and we agreed it did look lovely.....we couldn't wait to get there today.

We said our goodbyes and as we headed out for the car it was already waiting for us again......that is good service!!!! Mike the manager had seen us chatting and anticipated we`d want the car....so it was all lovely and cool for us getting in to it...….nice touch.

As we set off we could see the clouds build up and it didn't look good we had to say......but we presumed it could brighten up, or it may not be as bad there, as it was here……..maybe.

The I4 wasn't as bad as it could be this morning.....it was busy of course and around Orlando itself, it`s crazy......the lanes are ultra narrow and folks are racing like it`s stock cars!!! I wasn't driving this morning and was glad of that...….crazy!!! But once you pass central Orlando madness, the roads get better and much quieter.....and it becomes a pleasure to drive again. And the road is familiar to us although the cloud does indeed build and looks heavier as we go further on......

i-FNjCqPv-X2.jpg

The drive along the I4 and then onto the I-95 is an easy drive later....but it`s quite a dull ride at some points....long and straight roads can become dull, but we chat all our way along and are there before we know it...….and we have our 80`s music we had put on a flash drive before we left...….bliss!!!

The drive into New Smyrna Beach area is very pretty......although today wasn't showing it at it`s best......

Anyone who was in Orlando around this time knows this was a bad Love Bug season...….incredibly bad. We hadn't seen many in the parks or hotel so far, but as we pulled in to park beside the beach.....it was like something out of a horror movie....

It was like a swarm and quite terrifying to see millions of them all around you...….we were glad we didn't have a white car, as we saw one parked and it looked black as it was completely engulfed in these little pests...….and they are pests…..they don't harm you but are incredibly unpleasant...….and if you squish them!!!!! Yuk...…….we had been able to just swat them away anytime we had seen them before, but this was different...…..

Image result for funny florida love bugs gif

Tom did very briefly, get out of the car to take a picture of the ocean......he didn't last long out there at all...….and of course I had to swat him down as he got back in the car too...….this was horrible!!!! There was no way you could spend any time out of the car here at all.....we knew we wouldn't be walking on the beach today...…..

We did drive over to see the boardwalk we planned to walk on, and there was no one there.....the bugs had taken over.

i-q3q7RPG-X2.jpg

So, as it was now lunchtime we drove back down the way we came in and went to our lunch venue...….Chase`s on the Beach...….

And several people had told us to come here and we knew we would enjoy it from what we had been told of the food.

i-WkcScMX-X2.jpg

It is a beach bar in the proper sense...….it is open and folks are wandering up and down from the beach.....although not too many on a day like today...….and it is open....there are no indoor seats as you wouldn't expect to find in a beach bar...….so we hoped the pesky bugs wouldn't be a problem for us...….I couldn't imagine eating while they are swarming around us...….

i-MmzGLnR-X2.jpg

i-dVbns66-X2.jpg

Yes, you could see the dead bugs all around which was off putting if I`m honest...….the waitress said they cleaned them up as best they could but there were just everywhere…….she did give our table an extra wipe before we sat down but they didn't seem to be attracted to the tables thankfully......

i-CkT9bht-X2.jpg

I did like the look of this place, and the menu was, as promised, excellent with plenty of choices for everyone...….

i-GjXQ33f-X2.jpg

As I perused the very nice and varied menu, Tom popped out to take some pictures...….the wind was getting up a little now and the bugs did seem to be dissipating somehow.....or maybe I was just being hopeful......

The light outside was getting darker and you could feel a storm coming in....no doubt about that........

This place would be amazing on a beautiful sunny day.....and busy!!!

i-vdb6bnF-X2.jpg

Tom was enjoying the very brief cool air that arrived just before the storm clouds did...….he captured the whole storm trundle out above us to the ever darkening sea...…..and when the rain came, it was miraculous...…..and the bugs did indeed disappear as the storm got heavier and the winds got stronger...….this was going to be very cool!!!!

i-5SprsLC-X2.jpg

i-mQvhpSz-X2.jpg

And it was...…..

What a storm...….the thunder and lightning were so impressive.....we love a good storm and this one was playing out right in front of us.....we had an excellent view over the beach as we enjoyed our food, and especially now the bugs were completely gone, we could enjoy eating.

i-b2dLsD6-X2.jpg

i-p4nLCfV-X2.jpg

The cocktail menu was very nice, although I didn't have one, they were huge as the table opposite us ordered a couple.....they looked very colorful and tasty...…..we just ordered fanta`s……..

i-SQbjBVR-X2.jpg

The menu was lovely......although it didn't take long to decide what we wanted...…..

I opted for the very spicy, or so I hoped Voodoo Shrimp with a portion of fries we would share as we had been told they were delicious......and Tom opted for the Turkey Wrap...…..

The voodoo shrimp were sautéed in a spicy sauce and it was a very large portion and it was an appetiser…..the sauce was indeed hot and spicy...…..I usually prefer shrimp fresh and not battered, but these looked delicious...…

i-BF4WtdD-X2.jpg

i-Nqp2xS8-X2.jpg

i-KsCQ5mb-X2.jpg

Oh my goodness!!!! The food was incredible, and so fresh......the fries were memorable on their own!!!

Tom`s wrap was filled with turkey and several other items which he enjoyed a lot......and the shrimp was delicious......this was our kind of place...….service was friendly without being over bearing......and a police officer who had been enjoying lunch, approached us and asked where our accents were from as he couldn't quite pin point us.…..we laughed and said we were a little bit of a mix of places!!! Which is true as we have lived in a few different places...….

Once we paid the check we headed out to the end of their property to have a look at the beach we wouldn't be wandering on today and decided yes, this place would be bouncing with people on a lovely day......

We did laugh to see a heated swimming pool attached to the bar......it was just a little odd as they are right on the beach...…

i-w9RNCH8-X2.jpg

i-XxkXQP4-X2.jpg

We drove back along to the first place we had parked, but now the rain was just bouncing down.....….and it wasn't pleasant at all...….but we did say we`d come back next week when the weather was nicer and by then the bugs would be gone. They were predicted to lessen in the next few days...….and this was the worst day for them in the time we were there.

i-vs3rTnm-X2.jpg

The drive back was uneventful, and we were soon back home. We did stop in at Publix for a thank you card for Mr Beiderman for his kindness, I often send him an email, but a thank you card is more appropriate..... and picked up a Dutch Apple Pie too......we like those!!! It was 84F right now and we both also bought a bottle of water each as we were incredibly thirsty....we were ready for a drink and a cool down before we were planning to go back out. We then, a few minutes later, dropped the car off into the careful hands of the valet guys, wandered through the cool lobby and headed up to our suite.....and we saw we had a delivery while we were out...….

And nice timing...….we hadn't had any wine yet today...…..lol...….

Related image

i-SxCq5K8-X2.jpg

We hadn't expected anything, and this was a lovely little surprise, and so thoughtful, with a lovely little card to go with it...…..strangely we had the conversation with someone a day or so ago about what type of wine we liked...….this came to mind....

Image result for thank you for the wine meme

::yes::

We couldn't believe the difference in the weather between the beach and here......the suite was drenched in late afternoon sunshine and light...….and it looked so beautiful...…..

i-RLTz6hH-X2.jpg

And of course looking over to RP was so gorgeous...….
we loved the view over the lagoon to RP from this side of the building, we don't mind the pool view at RP, but here the lagoon view was our preference.

i-HMdznhH-X2.jpg

We put away the few items we had purchased, and then we went for a quick snooze...….we did feel like we needed a nap today, and we planned to stay up later tonight...…...

Our plans for the evening were, Seito Sushi, Citywalk and Strong Water Bar...….but for now, we were both ready for a snooze!!!!

Last edited:
Glad you are back safe and sound Carole! “Come from Away” is so near and dear to our Canadian hearts-glad you loved it! Can’t wait to read the rest of your report:flower:

Brenda

Thanks Brenda...….yep, good journey after a lovely trip!!!

Oh my goodness I loved Come from Away......and looking more into it, I love that many of the folks all still keep in touch!!! Very touching story that I struggled to imagine how they could turn it into a musical, but it works so well...….and local theatres seem to do it well too. Amazing show.

Will try to get through it now I`m back home...….has been so busy so now I have some time....although shopping and laundry will keep me out of mischief too ::yes::

Yay! You’re back. Seeing Come From Away locally this season at home. Too bad we always miss each other by like a month. Going to NYC in a few weeks.

I made it home.......::yes::

I am glad to be back with my guys, although it was a lovely trip and I was glad I could take mum for what should be her last big trip......

Oh I know, bad timing or what!!! One trip our timings will align......you have a few trips to look forward to!!!! :thumbsup2

Welcome home! We got back from our trip yesterday afternoon. We had a fabulous week and even got to ride the new Hagrid roller coaster.

Thanks Andrea!!!!

How wonderful you got to ride the new coaster...…..what did you think of it???? I`ve very briefly touched base with a few friends who work there, and all love the new ride!!!! Can`t wait to hear what you made of it......

And so happy to hear you enjoyed your week...….you certainly deserve it......:wave2:

Thanks Andrea!!!!

How wonderful you got to ride the new coaster...…..what did you think of it???? I`ve very briefly touched base with a few friends who work there, and all love the new ride!!!! Can`t wait to hear what you made of it......

And so happy to hear you enjoyed your week...….you certainly deserve it......:wave2:
The ride was phenomenal! Way more intense than I expected. My son and I loved it, my husband said it was a one-time ride because of his motion sickness, and my daughter was absolutely terrified! The two of them will probably never ride it again, but my son is already asking when we can go back and ride it some more. Because of technical issues and weather issues, we waited 9 hours to ride it on the second day it was open. I always said people were crazy to wait that long for a ride, but it was our last day, and I guess I became one of those crazy people! The experience was very memorable, and not all bad even though we waited for so long. We met tons of nice people and we will remember that day forever.

The ride was phenomenal! Way more intense than I expected. My son and I loved it, my husband said it was a one-time ride because of his motion sickness, and my daughter was absolutely terrified! The two of them will probably never ride it again, but my son is already asking when we can go back and ride it some more. Because of technical issues and weather issues, we waited 9 hours to ride it on the second day it was open. I always said people were crazy to wait that long for a ride, but it was our last day, and I guess I became one of those crazy people! The experience was very memorable, and not all bad even though we waited for so long. We met tons of nice people and we will remember that day forever.

:scared1:

You waited in line for that long!!!! Wow........I am impressed!

But, so glad you enjoyed it so much......even waiting in line sounded alright and not too much of a chore......it is nice to meet folks in line at times.

I think it sounds amazing and can’t wait to ride it......but I’m so glad you had such a good time. I’m sorry your daughter and husband didn’t enjoy it as much, but at least they tried it.

Yes, you need to plan another trip so you and your son can go back on it.......::yes:: ::yes::

Thanks so much Pooh......it was a lovely trip, I was so glad we made this one.....and of course seeing NY again was fabulous :)

We really didn't snooze for long......Tom had zonked out on the sofa, his favourite place for a nap....I had gone through and had the bedroom in total darkness so I would snooze easily......and I think we had around an hour or so, I wasn't sure when I closed my eyes if I would sleep or not, but next thing I knew Tom was telling me it was time to get up...….guess I was tired after all.

We felt a little groggy at first, but once we were showered and dressed we were ready for a nice evening...….we headed out to get the car, but first I handed the card in to the desk to be handed to Larry beiderman, then out for the car.....it was hot tonight...….we did plan to get a cab originally, but as we were heading to Citywalk later, Tom said he wasn't bothered about a drink right now, so car it was.

It only takes ten minutes to drive to where Seito Sushi is.....and there are plenty of spaces around, just not usually in front of the restaurant, but not far. It sits in the same area O` Charley`s used to be, will miss that restaurant a lot...…..but there is also a Five Guys and Anthony`s Coal Fired Pizza...…..not a place I will go as they cremate the base....not for me.

Tom always likes a picture of the car.....and although this one was fun to drive, not having the SUV type was something we missed and wouldn't get the low sleek one again. Which is strange as we have always driven low sleek cars at home.....although that was changing when we got home!!! But, wouldn't think about that yet...…….

i-C4JcJBs-X2.jpg

The restaurant isn't too busy with it being a Monday night...….so we sat in the main area, we did prefer through the back of the restaurant, but at least it wasn't too noisy tonight.

Our waiter tonight was not the best waiter we have ever had. We had just been seated and were looking over the menu when he came over and asked if we were ready to order...…..er, no...….he wandered away and we studied the menu then realised he hadn't asked what we wanted to drink yet...….strange, as establishments are usually keen to have you purchase as much alcohol as they can...….

i-xsFjWr2-X2.jpg

So, when he came back to see if we had decided on food yet, I asked if we could order a drink...….he looked a little vague and wasn't friendly, so Tom ordered a lemonade and I said I`d stick to water......he then offered me as many drinks and offered to go through the drinks menu with me…….no thank you, water will be fine. This wasn't the friendly service we experienced last time.

i-vwTvRPf-X2.jpg

Tom had seen the sea bass on the menu the previous visit, but had gone with sushi...so this time he ordered it with a side of stir fried veg. And again he tried to upsell some more side dishes...…..although when we saw the fish we understood why!!!

Related image

I swear this picture doesn't show how small this portion of sea bass was.....but, it was small...….

i-JLzQFtH-X2.jpg

We do like our veg al dente, but this was raw......completely raw.....so we sent it back and said we didn't want a replacement.

i-zLwnfPk-X2.jpg

Fortunately, I couldn't make my mind up with dishes and ordered both.....the long dish was The Distinguished Gentleman which had lobster and wagyu steak among other ingredients, and the other was a spicy lobster dish...…..both were gorgeous and I was very happy to share the dishes as Tom was going to be hungry!

The sushi was beautiful and both dishes were very filling.

i-w4mrNhB-X2.jpg

Our waiter was keen for us to have dessert or some coffee......we declined both, although he was surprisingly a little friendlier as he brought the check. Hmmm….wonder why.

The manager asked us on leaving if we had enjoyed our meal, so we told him that no, it hadn't been the best experience this evening.....he apologised and said to come back and he`d make it right for us.....well, I kind of think it should be right the first time. I`m sure we will go back but just not this trip.

Straight back home, we dropped the car off and I went to the room to change into comfier sandals for walking into Citywalk…….although as we set out to walk, the boat pulled in so we jumped on that instead of the walk.....it was still so hot tonight, so, a sensible decision.

We went straight to Fat Tuesday`s right in the centre of Citywalk…..we do like this little place, when it`s not so busy......the one thing we don't like is you can smoke in the outside areas, so for us it`s not pleasant to be sitting while folks next to us or even close to us are smoking, you can smell it a mile away...….but tonight, the folks around aren't smoking, so we sit in comfort and enjoy the evening.

Fat Tuesday`s is known for strong cocktails...…..and I think you can taste the strength of them.....and they are very fruity too which I like...….

We both like rum cocktails, so we ordered the top two on the menu......you can mix any of them together which we planned to do but forgot......we just got the regular 16oz cup as we didn't need nor want a souvenir cup...…..

i-pXXhzBn-X2.jpg

i-pD7Xnqt-X2.jpg

They are very nice and quite refreshing too......and sitting here on a boiling hot night in the middle of Citywalk was just lovely...…

i-Qc4RLC9-X2.jpg

i-P5HM224-X2.jpg

i-Q624GTV-X2.jpg

Citywalk is just beautiful at night. Families enjoy the space and entertainment provided at night...….there was no music playing tonight but kids love the water areas and dancing around, just having fun.....

i-f4BrJSV-X2.jpg

i-5MgDMxH-X2.jpg

I think Tom went into picture over drive this evening...…..we must have 90 pics of this area alone!!! In the space of 15 minutes.

i-XW2sQ29-X2.jpg

i-L67n7Dk-X2.jpg

i-d9PD6c8-X2.jpg

i-QvQCVt2-X2.jpg

Cowfish is one of our favourite places to eat, although we didn't manage it this time...….but we did plan to try Vivo and looked forward to that as we had heard many good reports about it. So that would be sometime this week.

i-VJr4BPM-X2.jpg

i-XWjvfHf-X2.jpg

Can`t go wrong with Margaritaville...…..again the Lone Palm is lovely, but it gets smoky at times too. But, it is so beautiful to sit there and look over the lagoon.

i-TXZkmKd-X2.jpg

i-PMVQvLr-X2.jpg

i-Lg9NnrZ-X2.jpg

We love the boat ride......and seeing everything all lit up at night is gorgeous...…...

Sapphire Falls is the same..…...when you come round the corner and see the hotel all lit up, it is one of the prettiest boat entrances to any of the hotels onsite....

i-5Z2Cx4k-X2.jpg

We plan to go to Strong Water, but first a bathroom break is needed as we had ingested a lot of water tonight...…..so I headed to the ones in the lobby and Tom did what he usually does, takes pictures.

i-HR4pBQM-X2.jpg

i-x2Kbdpq-X2.jpg

The hotel has some lovely little seating areas, and of course they have a wonderful Universal Store in the middle of the lobby...….

i-rG9N338-X2.jpg

As I came towards Tom I met Nancy again (TeamJacob) it was so nice to see her and I was so happy they were having such a lovely trip.....we had a nice chat and of course, we got a picture...…….I did hope to run into her again, they had I think two days left, but we never crossed paths. But, I was glad we had managed to meet up.

i-GvVqvJ3-X2.jpg

The staircase from lobby level down to Amatista and the boats is incredibly stylish and very pretty......

i-FMQJCzP-X2.jpg

Shameless selfie again...…..still no intention of ever buying a narcissist stick...…..and we didn't see many of them around this trip......thankfully....

i-tZ3RB42-X2.jpg

We plonk ourselves down at the end of the bar as it incredibly busy tonight. There is a large conference in the hotel and I guess most have decided to spend their evening in here. And sometimes they are loud.....something about conference people...….they always have to be heard!

Related image

The staff on tonight are as always fabulous...…..I order a Rum Marathoner and Tom ordered the drink Ashley created in March called Fool`s Gold...…..both are gorgeous...….

i-7N7ZsF2-X2.jpg

i-g38LNFh-X2.jpg

We get chatting to the lady who comes and sits close to us, she is from the conference people but is lovely......she is from Hawaii and we chat a lot to her over the next couple of nights...….I am annoyed though, as she did give us her email address and I`ve lost it!!!! I thought I had put it somewhere safe, but seems I didn't...….her name was Jen and we did enjoy talking to her a lot, she was fun and very genuine.

There are a couple of other folks around and one who is incredibly loud and feels the need to inform everyone she is from Ireland and seems to be keen to tell us how proud she is of this fact......she is well gone though!!! And eventually she leaves with her husband and someone else. The noise level does now go down to something that you don't need to be a dog to hear!!!!

Our evening passes between chatting to Jen and the wonderful staff.....Lenny is just hilarious and we tease him mercilessly about something that would take far to long to explain that happened in March......he is funny!!!

We were having one more drink, so got Jen a white wine, and I order a rum revival and Tom asks Lenny to make him something different...…..hmmmmm…..a challenge......not to these guys...….

i-CF8h8Gb-X2.jpg

I cannot remember what he put in it, except for egg white and rum.....but it was delicious......and different, almost dessert like...….and I think I may have tasted more of it than Tom did...….lol......we would have another of these......he said tomorrow night he`d have the missing ingredients for the full drink and we could taste some of the new drinks being created.....we would look forward to that as they do create some amazing drinks......

i-spcjtkf-X2.jpg

Our evening passed before our eyes, and finally around 12.30am we said our goodnights to Jen, and also to our bar staff...…..we would see them tomorrow night for sure and reminded Lenny we looked forward to trying some of his creations...….

Up to our room we put the water in the fridge turndown had left, and took a cold one out...….the aircon can be incredibly drying so we always get thirsty during the night.

We both fell asleep before we knew it, I don't think we even said goodnight to each other again...….

Tomorrow we planned a park morning...……...

What a lovely card from your American kids... so sparkly! That was so thoughtful of them.

Those love bugs are disgusting. Quite off putting to see them all over the restaurant. Harmless but ewwy!

Welcome home! Nice to see the TR resume. Good thing dinner is soon with the appetizing pics:). That sushi looks beautiful.

Family friends, who haven’t been to U in years, just back. Waited 10 hours in line one day at rope drop. Never got to ride it due to mechanical difficulty. They took it surprisingly well. There are few things in life I will wait in line for, but to each their own! Nice to hear it was a positive experience for you.

Welcome back!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your Mom. It's great she is able to do trips like that at her age.

I love the card from your American kids lol I have never seen love bugs,....but I'm going to assume they are like our May Flies. They are sooo annoying. We managed to miss them this year at the lake, but heard that it was a very bad year for them this year. I'm sure I will have plenty of cleaning up to do the next time we head out to the lake lot. Hopefully they didn't love our camper too much out there.

Can't wait to hear more

Welcome home! Nice to see the TR resume. Good thing dinner is soon with the appetizing pics:). That sushi looks beautiful.

Family friends, who haven’t been to U in years, just back. Waited 10 hours in line one day at rope drop. Never got to ride it due to mechanical difficulty. They took it surprisingly well. There are few things in life I will wait in line for, but to each their own! Nice to hear it was a positive experience for you.

Oh, I'm so sorry they didn't get to ride! I don't know how well I would have taken it if we didn't get on after waiting so long. Apparently, the ride didn't even open until midday today because of technical issues. The same thing happened the day we rode it. It sounds like they needed a bit more rehearsal time before they opened it to the public.

What a lovely card from your American kids... so sparkly! That was so thoughtful of them.

Those love bugs are disgusting. Quite off putting to see them all over the restaurant. Harmless but ewwy!

It really was lovely....any card they`ve given us has always had some beautiful sentiments in, especially from the folks we know best.....yes, very thoughtful and so kind.

Love Bugs are gross......and if I`m honest, if this place hadn't been recommended so much by friends, we`d have left and found somewhere that was inside tables only....but we were hungry, it was going to pour down and the tables were clean.....but I agree.....it is off putting to see any bugs around.

Thanks Keisha......only taken me a few days to get back to normality again, so onwards I`ll go...….:thumbsup2

The sushi was gorgeous......the one with the filet on is amazing...….well, anything we`ve had from there has been amazing......except Tom`s sea bass lol...…..

Yep, we wouldn't wait that long either.....kudos to anyone who does have that patience...….

Welcome back!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your Mom. It's great she is able to do trips like that at her age.

I love the card from your American kids lol I have never seen love bugs,....but I'm going to assume they are like our May Flies. They are sooo annoying. We managed to miss them this year at the lake, but heard that it was a very bad year for them this year. I'm sure I will have plenty of cleaning up to do the next time we head out to the lake lot. Hopefully they didn't love our camper too much out there.

Can't wait to hear more

Thanks so much......it is nice to be home!!! Yes, I`m so lucky my mum is still healthy mentally and physically able to do such a trip, she was tired by the end of our time there and after the flight home, but she had a good time......

Oh good luck with the flies when you get up to the lake!! This year seems to have been a bad year all round for bugs in certain areas.....horrible things...….

Yes, the card was so lovely.…..we love our American kids...….::yes::

More coming up!!! Glad you`re still here :)

Oh, I'm so sorry they didn't get to ride! I don't know how well I would have taken it if we didn't get on after waiting so long. Apparently, the ride didn't even open until midday today because of technical issues. The same thing happened the day we rode it. It sounds like they needed a bit more rehearsal time before they opened it to the public.

And of course they`re not opening till later for a while now, not sure how long that`ll last.....I guess as short a time as possible from their point of view.......

But, yes, glad you did get to ride and weren't cut off just before you got on.....that would hurt after 9 hours!!!

Ack, I am with you, Schumi, don't think I'd ever wait in such a long line.

Enjoyed the beach pictures and the Universal ones. Sounds like a nice lunch, and well, a decent enough dinner. I don't like fish, let alone, not cooked, so that place would not be visited by me.

And yeah, love bugs. Ewww. I am glad when we have visited, has never been at those times they swarm.

And yep, our NYC days were perfect. And could not have asked for better weather. So happy you mum got to travel with you, if, indeed it was her last trip.

And yes, I have been so used to SUVs, I always feel like I'm too low, when in car. Though this last purchase would be a sedan, nope, very little bit smaller SUV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!