May Park Hours

Just putting this out there, how many people would accept their local shopping centre or bus line changing there times whenever they felt like it. I for one like to be able to plan in advance. If people don’t voice their displeasure nothing will ever change.

Just putting this out there, how many people would accept their local shopping centre or bus line changing there times whenever they felt like it. I for one like to be able to plan in advance. If people don’t voice their displeasure nothing will ever change.

Opening earlier or closing later? I wouldn’t care at all.

Either of those are businesses and they can do as they please with their hours. Disney typically doesn’t change their hours after the changes they make in the middle of the month before (so changes for May will likely be made this week) leaving at least two weeks pre-trip to make necessary changes. I also like to plan ahead but things change and it’s up to us to adapt- this isn’t a new procedure for Disney.

Opening earlier or closing later? I wouldn’t care at all.
I’m in that same camp. As long as I can see the hours when I need to utilize the service, I’m fine.

There is always this "Disney is a business argument". that's fine.

To me it is just a simple request, if they want me to plan 60 and 180 days out can they at least let me know what time the park will be open during my trip? Is that really too much to ask of the business?

Yes. The whole reason they encourage you to plan 60 and 180 days out is so that they know how many people they need to staff the parks to keep them open the for the time that they deem reasonable for the crowds. And they don't have the off-site fast pass info until 30 days.

They expect to use the info you provide, the other way around is not their priority. Not saying I like this, it's just the reality.

Last edited:

I am so happy to see that they've extended the hours slightly for my first week of May trip! MK open till 11:00 on Friday, and 10:00 pm on weeknights. Much better than 9pm!

just checked

We will arrive on May 31. Ak extended to 9-10.
Our second day Jun 1 at MK (our chosen park) is now at 8-12.

I am not sure to be happy or not, as "it means busy busy"?
Do I need to throw out all FP and then re-schedule June 1 (saturday) to another park?

I am so happy to see that they've extended the hours slightly for my first week of May trip! MK open till 11:00 on Friday, and 10:00 pm on weeknights. Much better than 9pm!
I was happy to see the extra hour for MK also on April 30, I thought it would give us an extra hour to do things until Happily Ever After at the end of the day, but HEA is still at 9 pm. I always thought those fireworks closed the park.

Has anyone noticed if they’ve released FPS for the later hours or when it’s likely that they will? The selection times are updated, but I’m not seeing any FPS for the extended hours on anything.

I was happy to see the extra hour for MK also on April 30, I thought it would give us an extra hour to do things until Happily Ever After at the end of the day, but HEA is still at 9 pm. I always thought those fireworks closed the park.
It is rare they change the fireworks when they extend hours. I won't say never but I don't remember it happening any time in the last few years. In the limited cases they have changed fireworks hours, it has been well before "the mostly final" extensions.

just checked

We will arrive on May 31. Ak extended to 9-10.
Our second day Jun 1 at MK (our chosen park) is now at 8-12.

I am not sure to be happy or not, as "it means busy busy"?
Do I need to throw out all FP and then re-schedule June 1 (saturday) to another park?

Josh at easywdw recently did an assessment of whether it matters what day of the week you go to each park. Saturday is routinely the worst day to go to any park. If you are happy with your FP, maybe just pack your patience. FYI: we will be at WDW that day and we are planning to sleep in, go to Epcot, use our 3 FP, attempt to look at topiaries, and then get the heck out of dodge.

But they don't change hours whenever they feel like it. Hours changing the second Friday of the prior month has been in play awhile now.

They're doing something with Fp for the new hours. I just got an email that almost gave me a heart attack telling me my SDMT FP time was no longer available. I had an 8:20- 9 pm FP. I was ready to kill before I even finished reading the email. They changed it to 8:20-9:20. lol I'm happy with that as I was wanting to back it up as late as possible since we have Artists Point at 7. I'm not seeing any updated hours yet, but it has to be soon.

Edited to add: They have added some FP to the later hours, but it's hit and miss. Just picked up SDMT for 10:30 on the 3rd. There were several other late time slots to choose from.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter