May W.I.S.H. Goals-A Little Bit of Mayhem

Dear Genie, I would like...

... a personal trainer/chef, oh and they need to be a masseuse as well, and clean house. So basically I want a Nanny to look after me. Can you pull that together Genie?

I don't have any desire to see the live action Aladdin, I don't think I've seen the animated version either just clips. And there is something about Will Smith as Genie that's kind of squidgy, but maybe that suits the character?

Caution, ramble ahead...
Yesterday the owner of a yoga studio I've gone to sent an email with some thoughts from her recent trip to the Himalayas. In it she spoke to realizing the need to digitally disconnect, to get true rest and also to understand how impactful sound is to our bodies and souls. All things that spoke directly to where I am right now. So I've started putting my phone away when I'm at home... no more
monitoring work email or SLACK (a communication tool we use) after hours... or mindlessly scrolling thru Instagram. I'm also not automatically turning the TV on when I get home or when I get up in the morning either. I knit to de-stress but the TV is always on when I'm knitting so I'm not really getting full benefit of some mental rest. Plus I'm realizing the that noise from the TV is a continuation of the noise I'm surrounded by in the office, and I need a sound break. So lots of rambling ideas of things I need to change to get back balance, and health.

Dear Genie, I think I would like a bit more awareness (and the ability to act on it!). Am I really hungry or am I bored or walking by where I know the treats are located?

@Oneanne I hear you about the noise. DH likes some type of noise all the time and I like things quiet, pretty much all the time! Can you open your windows and hear the birds? Last night I was doing a puzzle in front of a window to our backyard and I watched the robins walking around looking for worms/bugs. It was a very quiet, peaceful moment!

Dear Genie, I think I would like a bit more awareness (and the ability to act on it!). Am I really hungry or am I bored or walking by where I know the treats are located?

@Oneanne I hear you about the noise. DH likes some type of noise all the time and I like things quiet, pretty much all the time! Can you open your windows and hear the birds? Last night I was doing a puzzle in front of a window to our backyard and I watched the robins walking around looking for worms/bugs. It was a very quiet, peaceful moment!

Yes! The weather has been so warm that the windows have been open and I can hear the birds from inside the house... when the TV is off. I'm loving it.

I'm a little late...but I'm super excited about Aladdin, so I can't skip yesterdays topic. (Although I will miss Robin Williams as the Genie)

Dear Genie, I would like more time....specifically more time to enjoy my exercise because I really do enjoy it when I'm not rushing to get to other things...and also more time for sleep.

Now for today...WOOHOO...my sister's house is listed and an open house is scheduled for Sunday. It was in the system last night around 10 pm and she already had 2 people ask for showings. There are just a few more things to get done before Sunday, but most of the big stuff is done. We're all hoping this goes quickly!

I’m woohooing our beautiful sunny weather today! It’s been so cold, rainy or overcast for the last few days. I sat out on my deck and had breakfast listening to the birds.
And a second (or am I third) to also WOOHOO the weather! I had a turtleneck sweater on Monday...it was that cold and rainy! Sooooo happy for some sunshine and warmer weather today!!!!!

Woohoo...

I got the email notification that my magic bands have shipped! The crown and heart pin I ordered for my Queen of Hearts outfit came and I love both of them, the red dress I'm not so crazy about but it'll work. Yesterday I made my Magical Express reservation and added the "no tomatoes" request to my Hoop de Do reservation. I also purchased the Groupon for airport parking... and I added the Friday before I leave to my days off, because my flight is so early Saturday morning. 25 days to go and counting.

Yesterday I saw our VP exiting a conference room with someone I've known for 25+ years, who's in leadership in one of our partner Tech teams. Something about the look on her face and their body language made me think it had been an interview... which makes me incredibly excited. In addition to my direct Manager's position, there's a Director position open and she would be fabulous being 1) a woman, 2) a long time company employee who would bring the classic company culture with her and 3) she's knows the landscape of our area, having been a partner. So, it could all turn out to be even better than I had hoped... if I read the situation correctly.

This morning I did not look at my phone at all before reaching the office (woohoo). When I got to the office and fired up my PC I had over 75 emails from overnight (not woohoo), but most of them were notifications that my team had gone into their work tickets and made the updates I asked for, so I could just delete them (woohoo).

upload_2019-5-15_8-24-32.png

Hello, Dearies... it's still Wednesday for 28 more minutes here, I made it!!!

Things to woohoo:
-My birthday is over, so I can stop moping about it. I am solidly in my mid-40's now (NOT woohoo) and yes, it's been messing with me. But it's over now, and I may as well get on with things.

- I finally broke down and got a fitbit after years of waffling... made H buy it for my combination Mother's Day/Anniversary/Birthday gift... still figuring it out, and absolutely HATE the band it came with, but again, it's here, it's done, might as well make the best of it (and already ordered a new band that should arrive by Monday, along with an adaptor that *MAY* allow me to make a custom band, if it feels sturdy enough when it arrives... hate to lose an expensive toy because of a cheap accessory...

-I started poking around my nursing school stuff, the first day of the semester is in 103 days... 102 by the time anyone reads this... lots to do... helps put me into "get it done" mode, which is better than "mopey mode..." After I finish my stats class this week, I'm hoping to get more into that stuff next week.

- All the prescriptions are sorted out... for the next week and a half, anyway. It's been a comedy of errors lately with that, but for the next little while we have everything we need to keep everyone (reasonably) healthy. That was a HUGE relief today!

-I think we have a good plan for my niece's wedding veil! I found a vintage dress that had lace that I knew she'd just love, and we are going to use that, plus a sheer piece from my sister's veil, plus the headband from my mother's veil, and it's going to be a very vintage, yet unique look, I think. She's very pretty, so she can get away with a lot... I've bagged everything up to protect it from the kittens and after they have moved on and I have my workroom back, that will be a fun project, meanwhile, it's nice to have a plan.

-I'm *SO* happy to have my van back from the shop!!! They did a great job, you can't tell anything was ever wrong, and bonus-- I'm not allowed to wash it for 30 days because of the paint... darn the luck... First thing I did was start squirrel-ing away snacks in my different snack compartments (one for my healthy junk, one for the kids junk-junk...) The kids don't ride with me like they used to back in the day (they used to commute 28 miles with me each way daily to daycare/school near my old work,) but still, it's a good idea to have things for them-. And also, I forgot to take my sunglasses out of the special cubby before I put the van in for service... and they are prescription, so I couldn't just get by with a drugstore pair in the meantime... so it was nice to have everything back where it was supposed to be today...

- Oh, and this one is for Lizanne… I drank 64 oz of water today, starting with 8oz right when I first woke up (no lemon or salt, though...) ... but in the middle of the day, I had a massive upper back spasm like nothing I've ever felt before, and later when I was trying to track my water on the fitbit app, my entire phone froze and crashed. Coincidence? I think not. Normal people can get water toxicity if they drink a gallon too quickly... since I NEVER drink water, I think 32 oz was enough to put my body, not to mention the iPhone into shock! :joker:

Wahoo a crisis was averted today at work! I'm so glad I did not have to call 911!!!!! I was not looking forward to possibly making the news. :rotfl:Wahoo to the various departments in our district that really helped me today when I was all alone! And wahoo to telephones. Gotta love them.

Wahoo DH and I are going to get away this weekend and visit old (and yes, we're old!) college friends. It's going to be great fun. We may even see a baseball game. Go M's!

Wahoo DS2 has gotten all but two of his grades back from this term and so far he has a 4.0!

Wahoo Friday I get to go out to breakfast with my principal and the former office manager. We will laugh our heads off! That's a great way to start the day.

I am behind already... You might have seen from my liking posts (sorry if I missed someone, I usually like when I read but sometimes plain forget!! It's not a passive agressive way of mobbing people!!!) that I was around to read.

Catching up:

Tuesday: I would wish for a better metabolism. I lose weight so slowly. I don't mind the work for losing the weight, but if things move so slowly it is difficult to keep up. Also any slip up always has really bad negative results. I am working on that though at the moment with building more muscle by going to the gym.

Wednesday: Ok, it's going to be a theme now I think. My woohoo is that I made it to the gym despite working until 7pm!

Thursday: No, I am not going to say that I am thankful for my gym. :rolleyes1 (Even though I am!!) My thankful this week is that I am thankful for my great colleagues who make coming to work so much more enjoyable! I am really lucky that I have a lot of people here at the office (most of them not directly on the same team) who are supportive, who are fun to be around and who are generous with their time when I need help. A bunch of them have become close personal friends.

Today I am thankful for color. With all the dampness we have here, things stay green year-around but in the Spring there's this explosion of color that makes for very happy eyes. The lilacs are wrapping up their blooming and rhododendrons and azaleas are currently popping. The Spanish lavender, which is first to bloom, is putting on a show. There are thrilling vibrant colors all around.

I'm also thankful that I've had two evenings now where the only time I touched my phone was when I plugged it in to re-charge. One of the biggest challenges for me at work is that between all the communication tools we use (Bluejeans, Email, IM and SLACK) I can have 6 or 7 "conversations" going at anytime: it's like having 6 or 7 people surrounding your desk all talking at the same time, with no awareness that anyone else is there. So being able to turn it all off in the evenings is a huge shift.

65625D57-ACFB-464B-BF69-93C15EFA9D31.jpeg
Can you believe Friday is here already?

I tried one new recipe this week and we liked it very much-so will be making it again.

It’s very simple-slice up some different colored bell peppers (I did red, green and yellow) and and a medium size sweet onion.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss peppers and onions with a little olive oil and sprinkle with some fajita seasoning (I make my own but packaged is fine). Drizzle a little olive oil on both sides of a boneless, skinless chicken breast and sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Place on top of vegetables and roast about 20-25 minutes depending on size of chicken breast. Shred the chicken and toss with vegetables. Makes two generous servings. I served my husband’s over rice. I also bake an additional seasoned chicken breast on the pan for leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!