May W.I.S.H. Goals-A Little Bit of Mayhem

Hello -
New to the WISH area. Need to be accountable for sure! I recently had some photos done and boy were they eye opening! I weigh more now than I did 9 months pregnant and I want to nip this in the bud before it gets any worse. I am presently 154lbs (5 feet 5 inches) and only weighed 147 9 months pregnant. So now I gotta get into gear and get that weight off and down to the 125lb mark.

I just want a place where I can check in every day and hold myself accountable.

Thank you!
Welcome!

My motivation this Monday? 19 days and counting!

upload_2019-5-20_7-29-19.png

I've been on a clothing buying kick lately, and this weekend I made a stack of things that are vacation-worthy and had almost a dozen tops, plus five more will be arriving this week. I'm not going to take everything, but it is so nice to have enough to be able to pick-and-chose. Tonight I'll get an empty tote out that I can start tossing things into, like my Minnie-esque rain poncho, so I don't forget anything. I have hair appointments booked but need to add mani/pedi, and fit a massage in some where, and possibly even a facial. It's been quite a while since I've done this level of pre-trip prep... the past few times I've just tossed things in my suitcase the day-of and headed to the airport.

Most important is to get my daily step-count up and get conditioning in to my legs/feet, and to try and get at least a couple pounds off... any little bit will help. There was a news story lately about how much foot/leg relief can come from losing even just five pounds, so that's what I'm shooting for... the scale was -1# this morning, so that's a tiny step in the right direction.

This weekend I encountered another thing I seem to be allergic to - dates. I got some dried dates to have as a sweet snack, but after having four immediately developed the runny nose/eyes and had a bad coughing fit. Dang it... they aren't commonly in food so will be easy to avoid, but for a snack food they are packed with good nutritional stuff.

Happy Monday everyone!

This weekend I encountered another thing I seem to be allergic to - dates. I got some dried dates to have as a sweet snack, but after having four immediately developed the runny nose/eyes and had a bad coughing fit. Dang it... they aren't commonly in food so will be easy to avoid, but for a snack food they are packed with good nutritional stuff.

What about figs? They are quite delicious as a snack as well. It could be that now that you are avoiding tomatoes your system is figuring out the other things that cause trouble as well which in the past did not show because you were constantly under attack from the tomatoes.

My father seems to have issues with a certain type of mold that often sits on spices. He often has a horrible reaction to black pepper. But since my mother started to buy high end secialty black pepper, he no longer has any trouble with it at home. So, maybe it is not the date, but this specific date. Also, if you check dates and what other allergies are associated with it, one seems to be latex. Could that be an issue for you?

What about figs? They are quite delicious as a snack as well. It could be that now that you are avoiding tomatoes your system is figuring out the other things that cause trouble as well which in the past did not show because you were constantly under attack from the tomatoes.

My father seems to have issues with a certain type of mold that often sits on spices. He often has a horrible reaction to black pepper. But since my mother started to buy high end secialty black pepper, he no longer has any trouble with it at home. So, maybe it is not the date, but this specific date. Also, if you check dates and what other allergies are associated with it, one seems to be latex. Could that be an issue for you?

In what I read about date allergies, they mentioned that it can sometimes be the mold associated to dried dates, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue. I don't eat fresh figs very often, but will test them at some point. Yes, I think now that I've eliminated tomatoes and am feeling good, I can better tell when I'm having a negative reaction... and it isn't things I had even suspected!

That quote is exactly what I needed to hear today. Friday I attended a retirement party for some teachers from our school. Saturday, our neighbors had a party...it was a very delayed house warming party so they could show us what they did with the house (they did a lot of remodeling after moving in). At both of these social gatherings, I let go and enjoyed all sorts of foods, desserts, and drinks that I have been avoiding as much as possible for the past 5 months. Although I have allowed for little cheats in the past, I haven't gone all out and just fully enjoyed a party without thinking about good vs bad food choices. This weekend was different. But I needed to hear that quote this morning to know that nothing is ruined and it's ok to splurge like that every once in a while. It's just about getting back to the healthy habits again, which is what I did today.

And my motivation...Disney! Tomorrow is my fastpass day! Fingers crossed that I'm able to get some of the new rides. I've never booked fastpasses for 8 people before. Usually just for 4 ;)

3FA75C90-03A9-416A-AB81-005D3D7D4A5A.jpeg

Although we should be getting the nutrients we need from what we eat, it just isn’t realistic to have the perfect diet every day.

This article explains the 7 most important nutrients we should be getting and how much. It also lists foods we can eat that will supply them.

I take a vitamin daily and was relieved to read the one I take (Centrum Adult) was one of the three multi vitamins recommended. It’s also the cheapest!

Do you take a vitamin daily? I became a lot better about taking it after reading some of Zhoen’s articles last month.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/best-vitamins-to-take-daily

That quote is exactly what I needed to hear today. Friday I attended a retirement party for some teachers from our school. Saturday, our neighbors had a party...it was a very delayed house warming party so they could show us what they did with the house (they did a lot of remodeling after moving in). At both of these social gatherings, I let go and enjoyed all sorts of foods, desserts, and drinks that I have been avoiding as much as possible for the past 5 months. Although I have allowed for little cheats in the past, I haven't gone all out and just fully enjoyed a party without thinking about good vs bad food choices. This weekend was different. But I needed to hear that quote this morning to know that nothing is ruined and it's ok to splurge like that every once in a while. It's just about getting back to the healthy habits again, which is what I did today.

And my motivation...Disney! Tomorrow is my fastpass day! Fingers crossed that I'm able to get some of the new rides. I've never booked fastpasses for 8 people before. Usually just for 4 ;)

I’m so glad it spoke to you!

The things I say to myself in my head (after eating three chocolate chip cookies) I would never say to one of my friends!

Hello, Dearies!!!

Someone said my name, and Lo, I appear!!! (Just like Rumplestiltskin!!!)

Y'all are killing my buzz with your 21k steps and starting out at my GOAL weight!!! :rolleyes1 But I did get my 10k for the day, and drank 64oz of water, just for Lizanne…

people imagine healthy living like going ot jail. We should think about it as going to -hawaii!

I am guilty of this... this was actually a big part of what had me so grumpy last week... thinking that if I don't eat right and exercise, I won't live as long.. but what is the point of living if it's all rice cakes and spinach... (Feeling mostly over it now...) But, for the record, I ate Waaayyyyyy too much that time I went to Hawaii... :)

It was funny someone mentioned the biggest loser... Yesterday an old friend was upset and wanted to go walking, so we did, but it was noon and hotter than predicted, and she does longer and faster walks than me, so right at the end, as we were almost back to her house, I coughed a little, which triggered my gag reflex, and it was all I could do to keep from puking on the side of the road like that guy in season 1 of TBL... (I managed not to, but MAN it was close!!!) I'm blaming the heat. Totally.

And funny that sjrec is talking macros and micros... because my day went sideways like they sometimes do, and all my plans fell aside... so while I stayed in calorie range, I did not get my fiber quite where I wanted it, nor even close to my potassium goal... and a can of spinach would have fixed that, easily, for 100-or-so calories (still in my range...) But... no... no way could I choke down that much spinach tonight... There is nothing at all "Hawaii" about canned spinach!!! :P

I take a daily vitamin for women, but I'll have look at what is actually in it. I also take an Omega mix and a high dosage of Vitamin D. Reading the article, I realized I haven't taken any Calcium/Magnesium in a while and should probably add that back in again. The past few weeks I've been very diligent about taking my supplements every day and it's really making a difference.

Yesterday at work people starting posting about taking Friday off and I thought, hey, wait a minute, I should do the same and make it a four day holiday weekend. So, I am, and I'm headed out to my Sister's for Fri/Sat, then home Sun/Mon. So now this week and the two after are four day work weeks, then it's vacation, which is really pretty awesome. And it's almost the middle of the year - what?!?

I still need to get better about taking a multi-vitamin. I have some, but I rarely take them. I do, however, drink Shakeology for breakfast. And that has a lot of the daily vitamins in it. But I should still take a multivitamin. Just need to get it to be part of my routine. Once it's part of my daily habits, I'll stick with it.

On a fun note, I booked our fast passes this morning. The first one I tried to get was Slinky Dog for 8 people on Day 3 of our trip. And I was able to get it, but not until 6:40pm. But luckily, that will work with our dining reservation. I just wished it would have been earlier in the day. But definitely so happy that I was even able to get it at all! And everything else that I wanted, I could get around the times that I was hoping...including Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Avatar Flight of Passage and Seven Dwarfs! Now I just have to wait 60 more days...

I love hearing about everyone’s vacation plans!
We took a year off this year to accumulate points (we’re DVC owners) and take a longer trip next August. Toy Story Land opened after our last trip and Star Wars will be new to us. Looking forward to hearing about your trips!

Yikes but the time flies. Still catching up on life from our trip this weekend. We had a fantastic time, the weather was beautiful and it was absolutely wonderful to connect with dear friends.

I haven't read the article yet, but I do take a multi vitamin. My doctor insists I take one with iron. I also take a hefty dose of vitamin D--gotta love the Pacific Northwest!

Welcome @cobbler!

I have been cleaning out my basement and have made a good bit of progress. My daughter wants to have a big yard sale, so I have a pile set aside for that, several boxes for Goodwill and 5 large bags of trash. I think whatever I make from the yard sale I will save for my next Disney trip!

Woohoo... it's Wednesday and the sun is coming out again after several days of badly needed rain.

Overall I'm really feeling pretty darn good. I've done some "testing" to see where my dairy limit is and it's still pretty low, but gluten tolerance seems to be OK.

And of course - 16 days 'till departure. Not that I'm counting or anything...

upload_2019-5-22_7-41-28.png

Woohoo - fast passes are scheduled and I was able to get Slinky Dog!
Woohoo - Weather has been nice and I was able to get outside for several walks lately...including an impromptu one during my sons baseball tryouts because he was nervous (trying out for a new team) and wanted me to stay.
Woohoo - (for my sister) She finished her last over night residency shift AND her & her husband accepted an offer for their house. As long as everything goes right, they will be moving this summer.
Woohoo - I'm maintaining my weight, yet still getting lots of compliments. Definitely a confidence booster and motivator!
Woohoo - Both kids 8th grade semi-formal outfits are ready (as a reminder, I have 14 year old boy/girl twins...what a stressful experience shopping for dress clothes for my sporty kids)

While I'm here (sorry for jumping ahead)...my Thankful Thursday post:
1) I'm thankful that I am able to plan a Disney trip for my family (I love planning and I love Disney and I love that they all trust me to do that)
2) I'm thankful that my son was willing to push his comfort level to tryout for a new team and that the tryout went well (at least in his opinion).
3) I'm thankful that I work for someone who is willing to sit down and listen to me when I have a problem or concern.
4) I'm thankful for my wonderful class of students this year.
5) I'm thankful for my family's good health.

Not sure about woohoos at the moment, just feeling a bit overtired from work. But I did leave early enough to go to the gym yesterday and while it was challenging, it was also refreshing for my mind. So, I guess that's a woohoo.

And on to Thankful Thursday: I am thankful that I live in a free country and get to vote in a fair election this weekend. Today the UK and the Netherlands start voting in the European Parliament, the other countries will follow over the coming days, Germany is among those who vote on Sunday. Every country gets to vote on their typical election day, I think @HappyGrape's turn is tomorrow in Ireland. I am volunteering for polling station duty and counting votes on Sunday. I did this a couple years ago for the German parliament elections as well and am really looking forward to it. The polling station I am allocated to is usually not very busy and it is nice to see democracy in action. Germany just uses paper ballots and for the EP election the ballot paper is very long, 40 different parties! So counting those three foot long papers will be a special kind of fun!

Not sure about woohoos at the moment, just feeling a bit overtired from work. But I did leave early enough to go to the gym yesterday and while it was challenging, it was also refreshing for my mind. So, I guess that's a woohoo.

And on to Thankful Thursday: I am thankful that I live in a free country and get to vote in a fair election this weekend. Today the UK and the Netherlands start voting in the European Parliament, the other countries will follow over the coming days, Germany is among those who vote on Sunday. Every country gets to vote on their typical election day, I think @HappyGrape's turn is tomorrow in Ireland. I am volunteering for polling station duty and counting votes on Sunday. I did this a couple years ago for the German parliament elections as well and am really looking forward to it. The polling station I am allocated to is usually not very busy and it is nice to see democracy in action. Germany just uses paper ballots and for the EP election the ballot paper is very long, 40 different parties! So counting those three foot long papers will be a special kind of fun!

Yes! We voted this past Tuesday for various local offices-and you are so right. What a privilege to peacefully cast my ballot and have a voice in these elections.
Working the polls sounds like fun-but 40 parties!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!