Maybe a dumb question

mslangen

Mouseketeer
Hi,

This is maybe a dumb question. Hope I can post it her in this forum, because I don't know in which forum I should post this question.

While reading posts at several forums here on the Disboards, especially the Trip reports forums, I noticed that some short letter codes are in use.
I mean not the letter codes that indicates locations at Disneyworld, like MK or CSR. This locations lettercodes are all clear to me.
Its about the short lettercodes that are used to represent a family member.
Codes like my DD, DS, DH
Maybe more codes like this.

I'm not familier with this codes. They should be used for father, mother, son, daughter, but I can't understand which code for which person.
Is there anybody who can explain this codes to me. Which person-codes are in use and what do they mean?

Thank you,

Marcel Slangen

DS= Darling Son
DD= Darling Daughter
DH= Darling Husband
DW= Darling Wife

There's also...
SIL= Son In Law
MIL=Mother In Law

Etc....

I use to have a link with all the acronyms ... I'll see if I can find them for you :p

HTH!

i too am confused. I actually have to get my birnbaums book out and look up the abbreviations.

I was confused about those when I first found the DIS but it doesn't take long to start using them yourself :teeth:

Thanks for the link Tiggerlover91

Originally posted by bunnyfoo
DS= Darling Son
DD= Darling Daughter
DH= Darling Husband
DW= Darling Wife

Guess I have to much Dis on the brain. For months I have thought it was Disney Daughter, Disney Son, etc.

:rolleyes:

It could be ... *lol* I read so much stuff on these boards I probably get stuff mixed up :p

Hi all,

Thanks for posting the information. Now its much more comfortable to read posts here on the boards and especially trip reports. I really enjoy reading trip reports.

A few months ago there was a link in this forum that was about solo and adult only trip reports. It doesn't appear at this moment. Is this because there are no new solo or adult only tripreports posted the last few months?

Marcel.

Originally posted by InstImpres
Guess I have to much Dis on the brain. For months I have thought it was Disney Daughter, Disney Son, etc.

:rolleyes:
I did too!!!! Then I saw a thread like this a while back but I can't help it - the Disney acronyms are still in my brain so I still think it :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter