MCO on Sunday Afternoon ???

SNOWBOARDER

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!! We'll be flying home, (Airtran to BWI), early evening, around 6:00pm. Is MCO typically crowded that time of day, on a Sunday? Thanks! Oh yeah, same question for our arrival. We'll be arriving at MCO around 10:30 am, on a Sunday.....what type of crowds should we expect. Oh yeah..our travel dates are May 12th(Mothers day!), through the 19th. Thanks!!!

Snowboarder,

Hi! We flew out of MCO at 5:20 this past Sunday (3/10) and it was only moderately crowded. We also flew Airtran (to Atlanta) and the line to check in was about 30 minutes only because there were two people working the counter at Airtran but after about 20 minutes they added two more people because the line was growing quite long and that speeded things up.

Going through security was a breeze and I got the "shoe" test and my DH got his laptop scanned (in addition to sending it through the machine) and that only took maybe 10 minutes tops.

Inside the terminal was pretty dead..............so hopefully your Sunday will be stress free.

Enjoy your trip!

I replied to someone else earlier regarding Airtran and the only thing I might add is that I guess AirTran isn't as well known up north as it is here in Atlanta because alot of the people here prefer AirTran because it is cheaper and more reliable. I have been on several AirTran flights that have had Delta passangers who had been bumped, delayed, or otherwise inconvenced and needless to say they were not happy Delta ticket holders!

We use AirTran about 8-10 times a year to fly out of Atlanta. They are good, reliable and cheap if you watch for their deals. We have family scattered throughout the SE and can usually get fares around $100 roundtrip (we travel to several cities in Fla during "off peak" times and sometimes peak times) and there are excellent deals from Atlanta to the NE as well although I personally don't get up to New York etc. very often anymore.

I flew AirTran on 9/14 on one of the 1st flights out of Hartsfield when they allowed airplanes back in the sky and they were nothing short of fabulous since we were all a bit nervous..........

It is pretty much no frills, they don't do meals as far as I know but for the $$$$$ you cannot beat it!

And they pretty much stick to the schedule.......unlike Delta who cannot seem to ever get to and from places on time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter