MCO to Disney Springs hotels?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
Thinking of staying off site at a Disney Springs hotel. It offers a bus to parks and back, but what do we do about a ride from MCO? The ME has spoiled us!

There will be only 2 of us. Looked at prices of a car service, and $75 each way seems like a lot to pay. Is there a better, cheaper option?

Thanks for your help!

Thinking of staying off site at a Disney Springs hotel. It offers a bus to parks and back, but what do we do about a ride from MCO? The ME has spoiled us!

There will be only 2 of us. Looked at prices of a car service, and $75 each way seems like a lot to pay. Is there a better, cheaper option?

Thanks for your help!
Uber or Lyft.

+1

Mears shared shuttle is going to be around $38 per passenger round trip. Uber Lyft should be less expensive and will be private.

Any idea as to how much it will cost for either Uber or Lyft to go from MCO to a Disney Springs hotel? Our only experience with them has been a Minnie Van last year to MK one time from our onsite hotel.

Thanks!

I've taken an Uber to near Disney Springs last year (Hilton Bonnet Creek, which is not too far away) and it cost about $35 plus tip. I've also taken a Mears taxi from the Holiday Inn Disney Springs and it was around $50 plus tip. You can go to the websites for Uber and Lyft and get an estimate for the ride. Currently an Uber from MCO to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista is $36.

I just looked at my app and we used Lyft in July, it was $29 from MCO to the B Resort in Disney Springs. SO much more convenient than a shuttle and cheaper than a taxi. Worth every cent IMHO.
We never use the Disney bus from MCO even when staying on property. Just not our thing I guess.

Uber and Lyft has been our best friend getting from MCO to Disney Springs resorts. It's roughly $30-40 for Uber X depending on the time and if there are surcharges. We usually check Lyft and Uber to see which one is cheaper.

The bus (Lynx) stops at Disney Springs. If you are a light packer and like to walk, that is a cheap option. it is $2 per person I think. At least the last time I did it. $4.50 for an all day pass. It takes a long time though. Lyft is great and super fast!

I have the Mears shuttle booked to take me to and from the Wyndham on Hotel Plaza Boulevard the end of September. I will be doing a solo trip and not comfortable doing a Lift or Uber by myself. I will try and remember to post my experience here when I return.

Just back from my solo trip and using the Mears shuttle from the airport was fantastic! When you land and have your luggage just go down to level 1 and check in at the mears desk. (They have a couple self service kiosks too incase you fly in at odd hours so you can print your own tickets). They print you three tickets. One for the airport to the hotel, one from the hotel to the airport and the last is your receipt. The first one you give to the podium outside for the shuttle and they will give you a buzzer just like a restaurant that will buzz when the shuttle is ready for you if one isn’t there waiting so you can go wait inside or use the restroom while your waiting. My wait was about 20min so not to bad compared to wait times I have had for Magical Express. Once the shuttle arrives you drop off the buzzer, give the driver your ticket and board the shuttle. I was the only one on our shuttle and the driver asked if it was ok if he drove to the other side of the terminal to check for more passengers. I said ok, I did want to see how the other Mears side looked. We picked up two ladies there to attend a conference and we were off. Dropped off the two ladies at the Gaylord Palms and then off to my hotel the Wyndham Garden on hotel plaza boulevard. The drive took about 45min.

The return trip was fantastic too. The tickets say on them to call 24hrs before pick up but I ended up calling the night before (about 9hrs before) my pick up to make sure I confirmed my pick up at 5:15am the next morning. They confirmed and told me if the driver didn’t show up 15min after my scheduled pick up time to call to make sure they had a driver out to me. Didn’t need to do any of that cause that morning I left my room 1/2hr before my pick up time and as I was checking out at the front desk I turned around and the Mears driver was standing there smiling at me. He asked if I was going to the airport with Mears and what time my scheduled time was. I told him and with a big smile he said that he was my ride. He was a very happy talkative guy. He enjoyed giving tips and advice about the Disney and Orlando area. He had me at the airport in record time.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will definitely be going with them again and bringing my family with me on our next family trip we stay off site. I asked the driver if they provide transportation out to Legoland since my DS has shown interest in that park and the Mears driver said He would recommend a Lyft or Uber for that transportation.

Tickets with Buzzer photo

The Shuttle Van
085D284A-B6BD-4F18-BF8D-EE1DA6871BC3.jpeg

The Hotels bus transportation to the parks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!