MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

This is my impression as well after reading though all of the posts. I'm no longer AP, so I can't check for FPs myself right now, but I think we're seeing a glitchy update here. Those top tiers everyone is seeing and being denied are probably not there in the first place.

I disagree. Before, if 100 people were refreshing, they would each get a different set of FPs shown to them. Let's say there's one top tier available at that time. When they all refresh, one of them would see the top tier, the other 99 would not. If they did not book that FP after a certain amount of time, it would go back into circulation for someone else to snag. There's only 1 FP there, so only 1 in 100 see it.

Now, all 100 people are seeing that single FP and the one who happens to be lucky enough to get through first on the server is getting it, the other 99 are getting an error. The single FP was always there but, in the old system, it wasn't offered to more people than could actually book it. Same availability, just being shown to way more people at a time than it used to be.

I disagree. Before, if 100 people were refreshing, they would each get a different set of FPs shown to them. Let's say there's one top tier available at that time. When they all refresh, one of them would see the top tier, the other 99 would not. If they did not book that FP after a certain amount of time, it would go back into circulation for someone else to snag. There's only 1 FP there, so only 1 in 100 see it.

Now, all 100 people are seeing that single FP and the one who happens to be lucky enough to get through first on the server is getting it, the other 99 are getting an error. The single FP was always there but, in the old system, it wasn't offered to more people than could actually book it. Same availability, just being shown to way more people at a time than it used to be.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that everyone is seeing the same FPs at the same time? Are you doing searches side by side with someone else and you're both coming up with the identical results? If not, that would be a good way to verify this.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that everyone is seeing the same FPs at the same time? Are you doing searches side by side with someone else and you're both coming up with the identical results? If not, that would be a good way to verify this.
My husband and I would search at the exact same time and we would see the exact same tier 1 FPs at the same time.

My husband and I would search at the exact same time and we would see the exact same tier 1 FPs at the same time.
Ok, well then either the same FP return times are now being released at the exact same time to whomever is searching, or like I thought, the FP isn't really available despite being presented as such. Either way, it's troubling. Let's hope it's the latter and is being fixed by IT.

Last edited:
I have been able to get some top tier FP's today including all of the big ones but I have been rejected on far far more than I successfully grabbed. This evening I was getting some decent ones (Peter Pan & Space for example) at MK mostly 1-2 hours out. Some were better than that but most of the time I would get the message about there being no FP's. This evening I saw 3 7DMT and wasn't successful at any of them. Earlier I did manage to get it and then it was easier to move around because I didn't have to scroll.

I have been able to get some top tier FP's today including all of the big ones but I have been rejected on far far more than I successfully grabbed. This evening I was getting some decent ones (Peter Pan & Space for example) at MK mostly 1-2 hours out. Some were better than that but most of the time I would get the message about there being no FP's. This evening I saw 3 7DMT and wasn't successful at any of them. Earlier I did manage to get it and then it was easier to move around because I didn't have to scroll.

I have had a similar experience now that I am home and can really pay attention. However I have had to activitly focus and it’s still tough getting anything worth while. Can’t imagine trying to walk around the parks or interact with friends and family and getting a single thing.

Last edited:
I have had a similar experience now that I am home and can really pay attention. However I have had to activitly focus and it’s still tough getting anything worth while. Can’t imagine trying to walk around the parks or interactive with friends and family and getting a single thing.

Agreed, it takes much more focus now and I'm sitting there with one finger refreshing and one hovering over where the time would show up should a tier one pop up.

The only positive seems to be that it loads faster. Night before 'should' be easier.

Hallelujah!! It is possible lol.

View attachment 391714

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

YOU....are TOO funny sometimes. I'm pretty disappointed this has come into place before our trip in June. I was really looking forward to refreshing. Seems like something is always sneaking in to "throw off" my excitement on our Disney trip. Earlier it was the 74 day glitch that closed on the day I could try it. And now....the refresh being much harder to use. :worried: I refuse to believe this is a sign of my family not going to Disney anymore. That's ridiculous first off! :rolleyes1 But I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that when I use it in June, my son and I are able to pick up a few good ones here or there.

Well, this explains why I couldn't get anything today. I was in HS today. I had two different SDD and lost both of them. Plus, I swore I picked at 2:00 ST but it showed up as a 7:00.

Ughhh.

It only took you all day. Welcome to my world. :rotfl2:

Kidding, kidding. I really hope people are right that this is a glitch. Otherwise I have some prebooked FP rearranging to do (and I'm within 30 days - thanks Disney).

Haha I did find some earlier, just hadn't been having luck tonight. I've actually had decent luck tonight at MK with FP's.

Well, this explains why I couldn't get anything today. I was in HS today. I had two different SDD and lost both of them. Plus, I swore I picked at 2:00 ST but it showed up as a 7:00.

Ughhh.

Yeah, it almost caught me as well. If the time you tried to add disappeared and another time was available it swapped it on you. There is a warning but when you don't expect it then it's easy to miss.

I chatted with two CMs through the App. The first said this:

“I do apologize for the inconvenience but the FastPass+ system is a 24 x 7 live system and is extremely competitive for many Guests. We have been making changes to our FastPass+ system to be more fair across the board for all Guests and I appreciate you reaching out today to let us know.”

When I pushed further, I was sent to a second CM who said this:

“What you are describing does sound like a glitch. There are however occasions when making reservation with FastPass+ and/or dining reservations that may pop up and if the time is not reserved quickly the time will no longer be available”.

We went back and forth a bit and some reasons given for the problem were: it’s busy, popular rides are hard to get, people would have to cancel for you to get one...I said this didn’t explain why, after seeing and clicking a time, it’s gone. That never happened to me before. That’s when I got this:

“Any technical concerns would be best handle by MyMagic+® Technical Support at (407) 939-7765. Select English and then option 4 and any of their agents will be more than happy to assist you!”

My first take on this is that it’s a trade off between speed and convenience. If they lock the FP temporarily when offering it to, that slows things down at both ends, plus keeping the FP locked from other people while you decide and go through the confirmation process.

But maybe I’m not understanding the problem people are having.

Not a trade off at all. It's broken if this is happens now. You're missing the major point. According to posters, the app only refreshes in one direction - taking things away from you. When it shows you inventory, that inventory very quickly disappears because others take it. If it's going to do that, what it also needs to do is dynamically have options that become available automatically show up. But that doesn't happen. This should be a cause for a major stink and massive complaints. It makes the system nearly unusable as it will never truly show you what is available. This would be a straw that breaks the camels back for me for future trips. If I can no longer get add'l FP from the app without major the major hassle of having to pull up the list 5-10 times until the one I click is still available 5 seconds after appearing on my screen, I'll basically be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter