MDE App

We 'might' have it fixed! It's still very slow to load and occasionally kicks us out. DD19 figured it out! WOO HOO for her!
Step by step, what we did:
1)go to Settings
2)go to General
3)go to iPhone Storage and scroll down to Disney World
4)Delete App (NOT Offload App)
5) shut down and restart phone and then reinstall app or just reinstall app

VOILA! It should work now!

I'm waiting to hear back from Disney World App Support again. This is their first response:

Thank you for contacting the Disney Parks & Resorts Digital team.

We greatly appreciate your interest in the mobile app and apologize for any frustrations you have experienced. So that we may assist you, please provide answers to the following:

- What is the email address you use to sign in to the mobile app?
- Are you connected to Wi-Fi or using cellular data?

While we are troubleshooting, you may wish to try uninstalling and reinstalling your mobile app. This often provides a clean restart, allowing for data to properly populate within the app, and often resolves many issues. You may also try enabling cellular data for the app in case your Wi-Fi connection is slow. (Message, data and roaming rates may apply.)

Thank you again for sharing your observations with us. We look forward to assisting you further.

I let them know everything we had tried (basically everything they had suggested) and that we had tried with Wi-Fi and also using cellular data. We'll see what they say. I had responded to them before we possibly figured it out.

We were there 12/9-11 and my app was unusable on my iphone 6 (ATT network, running current ios and have reinstalled app, rebooted phone, etc). I'm home now and it's working just fine.

We 'might' have it fixed! It's still very slow to load and occasionally kicks us out. DD19 figured it out! WOO HOO for her!
1)go to Settings
2)go to General

I'm waiting to hear back from Disney World App Support again. This is their first response:

We greatly appreciate your interest in the mobile app and apologize for any frustrations you have experienced. So that we may assist you, please provide answers to the following:

While we are troubleshooting, you may wish to try uninstalling and reinstalling your mobile app. This often provides a clean restart, allowing for data to properly populate within the app, and often resolves many issues. You may also try enabling cellular data for the app in case your Wi-Fi connection is slow. (Message, data and roaming rates may apply.)

Thank you again for sharing your observations with us. We look forward to assisting you further.

I let them know everything we had tried (basically everything they had suggested) and that we had tried with Wi-Fi and also using cellular data. We'll see what they say. I had responded to them before we possibly figured it out.
Hah! They can't tell you the real problem, or can't admit to it openly. The thing is so pieced together it will never function properly 100% of the time. It makes Frankenstein look like a naturally produced human. It's made from so many pieces that don't talk to either other correctly they can't even properly troubleshoot it. But they can't throw their hands up and tell guests, it is what it is. But that's what the bottom line is. The app is what it is and there's no good way to fix it
No decent app should require unloading and reloading to work properly but MDE does, regularly. Sad.

Hah! They can't tell you the real problem, or can't admit to it openly. The thing is so pieced together it will never function properly 100% of the time. It makes Frankenstein look like a naturally produced human. It's made from so many pieces that don't talk to either other correctly they can't even properly troubleshoot it. But they can't throw their hands up and tell guests, it is what it is. But that's what the bottom line is. The app is what it is and there's no good way to fix it
No decent app should require unloading and reloading to work properly but MDE does, regularly. Sad.

You may be right, since I never heard back from them again.

1)go to Settings
2)go to General

How do you Delete as opposed to Offloading app?

Same on my iPhone 6. The staff at the Apple Store explained that as the battery gets old, it is not able to provide the short term burst of power that apps require for some processes (even if the battery life is OK). So the MDE app is too heavy to start reliably on an old phone with an old battery. Getting a new battery might fix it.

We are going to Walt Disney World in two weeks and my plan is to use MDE in the browser on my phone instead of using the app. I have experimented with this and it seems to work well. The browser version runs faster than the app. I will also turn off wifi to conserve battery and to avoid issues with Disney's slow network.

I wish Disney would put their app on a diet. There is no reason for it to be so heavy and slow. I also wish they would refrain from shortening the name to "Disney World". Roy went to a lot of trouble to ensure that the resort was "Walt Disney World" to preserve his brother's legacy.

Screenshot shows how to get to My Disney Experience in phone browser:

MDE.png

Last edited:
Does anyone else have to sign in everytime they open the app? Never had to do that before. I see there was a recent update and wonder if it is because of that or it’s just me!

Last edited:
Finally read something online that ACTUALLY WORKED! I always have my phone on mid-level battery saver - and that's the issue! As soon as I turned off battery saver mode, my MDE App, that hasn't loaded since July, works again!

Does anyone else have to sign in everyone they open the app? Never had to do that before. I see there was a recent update and wonder if it is because of that or it’s just me!

Yep! Every time I open the darn thing!

Does anyone else have to sign in everytime they open the app? Never had to do that before. I see there was a recent update and wonder if it is because of that or it’s just me!
Yes, for years I've had to. Even the website requires very frequent sign ons
And this trip, we are here now, it's crashing every 3 times you click on something. Totally closing mid click
Lost a lot of FP

I'm usually a big FP and app cheerleader but this trip this last weekend was HORRIBLE! I can't count the number of ways the app (and even the website) was unusable (but I'll try):
1. Constant crashes if you try to refresh more than once.
2. Getting booted out and having to log back in every couple actions.
3. Log ins being redirected right back to the log in screen.
4. Wifi and network constantly going in and out.
5. Being brought to a page where they want me to create security questions/answers multiple times (this was a new one for me).
6. When trying to get FP, not recognizing that there are any friends and family and only having my name show up as options.

I'm sure I could think of a few more but this really detracted from my trip. I know that compared to your average Disney vacationer I probably still got a lot more add'l FP - I spend HOURS more time in the app that I should have had to do. I felt that my face was buried in the app most of the trip.

(Not to mention the money that it cost me when we spent extra time at Epcot at the festival when we gave up on FP and kept seeing art that we liked . . . OK - maybe I'll leave this one out when I sent my email to guest services . .)

Dave, on App or browser? Android or iPhone? And are you on the newest version? (We leave in a couple weeks and I have not upgraded to the new iPhone version from last week just yet)
TIA

I'm usually a big FP and app cheerleader but this trip this last weekend was HORRIBLE! I can't count the number of ways the app (and even the website) was unusable (but I'll try):
1. Constant crashes if you try to refresh more than once.
2. Getting booted out and having to log back in every couple actions.
3. Log ins being redirected right back to the log in screen.
4. Wifi and network constantly going in and out.
5. Being brought to a page where they want me to create security questions/answers multiple times (this was a new one for me).
6. When trying to get FP, not recognizing that there are any friends and family and only having my name show up as options.

I'm sure I could think of a few more but this really detracted from my trip. I know that compared to your average Disney vacationer I probably still got a lot more add'l FP - I spend HOURS more time in the app that I should have had to do. I felt that my face was buried in the app most of the trip.

(Not to mention the money that it cost me when we spent extra time at Epcot at the festival when we gave up on FP and kept seeing art that we liked . . . OK - maybe I'll leave this one out when I sent my email to guest services . .)
Same exact problems here. Website had been only marginally better. Still a lot of times where only my name appeared for FP.

Dave, on App or browser? Android or iPhone? And are you on the newest version? (We leave in a couple weeks and I have not upgraded to the new iPhone version from last week just yet)
TIA

I was on an iPhone X with latest everything. Had problems both with app and browser but definitely browser worked better. App was nearly useless entire trip for FP purposes and I don't think I was ever able to refresh more than 3-4 times without a crash. I really get the feeling this was a system problem and not particular to my phone.

I was on an iPhone X with latest everything. Had problems both with app and browser but definitely browser worked better. App was nearly useless entire trip for FP purposes and I don't think I was ever able to refresh more than 3-4 times without a crash. I really get the feeling this was a system problem and not particular to my phone.
It was not your phone for certain. I had the same issues with the app. It's never crashed like it has been the past few days

I'm going in two weeks, if they haven't fixed it by then, i'm just going to rely on Touringplans app for wait times and the browser for my "refresh strategy".... this signing in every time (which never actually works until i shut down the app and restart) is getting old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter